Any thoughts on Babolat & Wilson?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by antlu, Apr 25, 2006.

1. antlu

antlu New Member

I have been considering buying a new racket from Babolat or Wilson (nCode series). Has anyone had experience with these that they'd like to share?

I started learning how to play a little over a year ago, and subsequently joined my highschool team as a senior (hahaha). But it's a lot of fun, and I'm ready to move on from my entry racket (Wilson Vision 8). I'm not a particularly offensive player. Well, then again, i'm not really sure what I am I guess, since I'm relatively new to the court. I'm leaning towards the Babolat Satellite Synchro or the Wilson n6 because they are more maneuverable and flexible. Probably more for defensive players? Or perhaps I should just get the ones that sit on the fence between offensive and defensive like the n4.

2. Benasp

Benasp Regular Member

everithing babolat do is pure gold, buy the babolat with the eye wide shut before people realise how great their product are and the price rise :p

to be serious, i bought a satellite pulsar and even if i prefer me AT-700 (270$) the babolat is great and make an excellent backup

3. jackson_ngo

jackson_ngo Regular Member

I bought a wilson n4 early this year and love it very much, it's by far the best racket i've ever used. Although i have a MP99 with me, i always find myself pulling the n4 out from my bag. The lightness of n4 makes my defence very amazing, much better than the mp99. When done correctly, the n4 can produce very powerful smashes. The n4 produces the smash from it's fast swing speed rather than weight balance.

But after breaking my n4 which is strung at 23lbs recently(without clashing), i'm disappointed with the durability of wilson, and went back to yonex.