User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default good stores in Hong Kong, or near there?

does anybody know any good badminton stores in HK, or places near there that sell good quality racquets for cheap? cuz i got cousins going over there and i rather buy racquets there for cheaper than here, somebody said that they got a mp99 for 120$ CDN? because that seems really cheap to me

if anybody knows any places, id really like to know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do a search and you will find plenty of them here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most of the out old and outdated, im just making sure that they are actual places, i dont wana end up going to some closed down shop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also heading out there in July and would like a list of stores to check out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm why arent i getting post counts..
    so nobody knows any good stores to buy badminton racquets in HK?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post counts doesn't apply in this section.

People don't like to answer repeated questions; you need to use "search". If you are not sure if the store is still there, you should call or email the store yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some stores that I have purchased, the location should be most updated.

**Master Keen Sports Goods**

shop no. 101B, 1/F, Port Centre , 38, Cheng Tu Road, Aberdeen , Hong Kong

(comments - major distributor of Yonex and used to the distributor of Carlton, transportation is not very good but still worth to visit there)

**Emmy Sports**

G/F, 97 Fa Yuen Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon

(comments - Another major distributor of Yonex, sole agent of Victor and Pacific badminton stuffs. Location is easy to reach.)

**Luxis**

1/F, 41 Parkes Street, Jordan, Kowloon

(comments - many special stuffs, such as CN, CP and JP rackets. Owner, Mr. Ng was under 18 Hong Kong Team and winner of many local matches in Hong Kong, his comment is very professional)

**Rose**

Kam Wong Bldg, Fa Yuen Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon (conjuction with Shantung Street )

(comments - cheap price with poor service. But Rose sometimes has GR and other version available)

**E78.com**

Rm 1707, Yip Fung Industrial Building, 7 Sheung Hei Street, So Po Kong, Kowloon

(comments - good price and good service, but location is not good.........)

**ESL**

1/F., 50 Argyle Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon

(comments - there is a young guy in store with good and professional recommendation.)

**Inskysports**

Rm. 1306-1307, Ho King Commercial Centre, 2-16 Fa Yuen St., Mong Kok, Kowloon. (Tel. # 81010506)

(comments - owner is very nice, but you must phone before you visit there since there may be nobody in store. Inskysports is selling the most argumentative racket E-1000)

**Racket Shop**

1st floor, 102A Fa Yuen St, Mong Kok, Hong Kong

(comments - Main distributor of SOTX, Komoni and Kawasaki in Hong Kong, worth to visit!!)

**Wan Kee**

Around the Fa Yuen Street

(comments - no professional comments, but service is good and accept credit cards)

There are many small pro-stores in Hong Kong, I only selected some famous or good location stores for reference.

Just reminded that most of them are only opening in afternoon and may be closed on Sunday. So, you may be better to visit them in week days afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx alot, do u know for sure that those stores sell real racquets? and do u recommend any of them for cheaper prices or better quality?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of them are selling fake.

For cheaper price and easier to visit, you can visit Rose and Inskysports, their locations are within 5 minutes on foot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know how much more for using credit cards? Are they only accept cash only?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I am correct, only Wan Kee will accept credit card without any charges; other shops are not accepting credit cards.

I have no idea that Luxis will accept credit card or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, could any of you inform me on the current prices of Yonex shoes at those reputable stores (like Mister Keen, Luxis, etc)
    I'd like to know about SHB99MX and SHB-98MX( if they're available)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on guys, I'm desperate, please lol I've actually emailed several of those stores, but I have yet to receive their responses in 3 days. Anybody have a vague idea of the prices?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wai Shing, these shops would not respond via email on price query, not even via phone. They are not fixed-price shops and they expect you to bargain. If you are there, you would notice most of them (esp those in Mongkok area) are just a stone-throw away from each other and are very competitive to get more business.

Unless one of us have just recently purchased the models you are asking, I doubt anyone would able to tell you the "cheapest" price. Even if they do, it might because they are "regular customer" who get a special discount. You need to be there and let your bargaining skill do the work for you !!!

As ForrestYung has suggested which stores are generally cheaper (but not by much). You can always try out Rose and use their quoted price as benchmark and then shop around. Personally I find InSkySport hard to access and even more difficult if you are a foreigner.

Those shops that ForrestYung listed are very popular among the badminton communities in HKG, so far I have never heard of any cases of fake rackets sold at any of these shops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would be a great idea if we take forrest's post of HK stores and make it into a sticky since there are so many people visiting HK and asking for stores so many times.
    Also take note that HK is such a small place that you can visit all shops in a one day tour without any hurry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I am a bit off topic, I was at Kin Yee last week and I was looking to buy a pair of Mizuno S1 and they are sold out(they had it at $400.00). Also, they are out of the AT700, 800. Does anyone here know where I can get a Mizuno S1?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast