Glen Waverley Saturdays 6.30-9.30

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by Robbo77, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Hello all Melbourne badminton enthusiasts!

A new social club has been set up at Watirna South/Glen Waverley on Saturday nights between 6.30-9.30pm

The standard we wish to have is strong B grade and above level players. For ladies the level is C grade and above but everyone is welcome to come and see how they enjoy it:) At the moment we have between 20-28 people coming each week.

The cost is $10 and the venue is Waverley Christian College on Cathies Lane off High Street. Just look for the small stadium next to the road. It has 4 courts of good quality and showers, toilets are excellent standard. A group also goes for a meal afterwards:D

ENJOY BADMINTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

2. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Hi Robbo77, I was going to post a new message but you beat me to it. Just a few changes to your earlier post.

We have just set up a new club (Titan Badminton Club) and are running regular social badminton close to the Glen Waverley shopping centre on Saturday nights between 6.30-10.00pm

The standard is B grade and above. However about a 1/4 of the players are beginners and each week there is a free 1 hour group coaching lesson to help beginners integrate with the better players. We usually get 16-20 players at our Saturday night social, so you can effectively if you are fit enough you can play continuously all night.

The cost is $10. Driving instructions : Waverley Christian College (Melway 72 D2) is on the corner of Cathies Lane and High Street, Wantirna South. Turn into Cathies Lane and drive through the 4th gate and there will be parking in front of the courts.

3. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Titan Badminton Club

Hey Ash,

So that's our new name! And now to 10pm - this NEW club is getting better and better.

I wonder how many people from our club are on Badminton Central - I like the way Chris has set up a running commentary about his Friday nights...however it won't work for us if there are only 2 ppl on this site!:D

4. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Titan Badminton Club - Glen Waverley

As a number of people have sent me queries, we have set up a website if you would like further information about our club and social badminton details :

www.titanbadmintonclub.websyte.com.au

If you currently play at another club and would like to organise an interclub competiton with our club please let me know.

5. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    There will be no social badminton this Saturday 20th May 2006 as we will be hosting the Interclub Competition against Monash Uni.

6. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Where are you guys organising the competition, Monash rec. or Waverley Christian C? Time?

7. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
  8. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    :cool: Ash, in all the promo and advert you written about the club, you've left out one important detail: Supper 10:30pm-12:30am

Some people (eg. Possum) might only want to attend supper afterward.

9. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Sorry I forgot this important detail.

By the way, there is a new thread with the correct social badminton time. It is titled 'Glen Waverley Sat. 6:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club'

I will post your message on the new thread.