Thomas Cup Finals: Kim Her wants to return, but ...

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by ants, Apr 27, 2006.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    NST
    28 Apr 2006
    FORMER international Tan Kim Her is willing to return home and coach the Malaysian team, but for the right price.

Kim Her’s two-year coaching contract with the Korean BA ends in six months.

"The Korean BA have offered me a two-year extension but if the BAM wants me to return to coach the national team, I will do it, provided they offer me a good salary," said Kim Her at the Sendai City Gymnasium yesterday.

"My stint in South Korea has been good so far but I miss my family in Malaysia. However, if I do not receive an offer soon, I will continue coaching in South Korea."

Kim Her was a coach with the BAM for five years before moving to South Korea in 2005, where he now has six pairs in his charge including the country's top pair Hwang Ji Man-Hang Sang Hoon. He also trains Jung Jae Sung-Lee Jae Jin and Lee Yong Dae-Jung Taek Keuk.

Meanwhile, South Korea will have to do without the services of Jae Jin who has a foot injury.

Jae-Jin and partner Jae Sung, ranked 30th in the world, were supposed to play the second doubles for South Korea.

However, Kim Her is not unduly worried as all of the pairs have partnered one another in the past.

"We have rotated the pairing several times in international tournaments and all of our doubles players have good understanding with each other's style," added Kim Her.

South Korea, who are in Group B with Indonesia and New Zealand, open their campaign against the Kiwis today before playing the Indonesians on Sunday.