User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mandarin's Summer Camp

Next year is my last year in Junior, and I want to do better than I did this year, which isn't that hard. Anyway, I was wondering if you guys have ever attended the summer camps there, and I was wondering if you guys could recommend me which ones. I live in Ottawa however, so it has to be preferably in June.
    I was going to try to attend Lees HP camp, but I wont be able to get in, as you have to be top 10 in junior rankings to attend. I played in Ontario B and got to semis in mixed, did badly in the other two events. I am a doubles player if that helps. Went on to the As and got smoked in every category. Ugh. First year playing provincials. Anyway, should I go into the advance camp, competitive camp, or the HP camp?

wun.sun

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, who goes to these camps? How competive are the camps?

whispers bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The summer HP camp I went to last year was sponsered by OBA and the level was rather high. I think you had to be ranked near the top to get in as well. But I think Mandarin has other camps during the summer where the level is a bit lower, but the coaching is still very good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ploppers
    The summer HP camp I went to last year was sponsered by OBA and the level was rather high. I think you had to be ranked near the top to get in as well. But I think Mandarin has other camps during the summer where the level is a bit lower, but the coaching is still very good.
    Well Gong Ruina, Cao Chen and Bao Chen Lai's coach is coming to Mandarin this summer. I think the men will be there for about a montha nd Gong Ruina will only be here for about 2 weeks if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wun.sun
    Next year is my last year in Junior, and I want to do better than I did this year, which isn't that hard. Anyway, I was wondering if you guys have ever attended the summer camps there, and I was wondering if you guys could recommend me which ones. I live in Ottawa however, so it has to be preferably in June.
    I was going to try to attend Lees HP camp, but I wont be able to get in, as you have to be top 10 in junior rankings to attend. I played in Ontario B and got to semis in mixed, did badly in the other two events. I am a doubles player if that helps. Went on to the As and got smoked in every category. Ugh. First year playing provincials. Anyway, should I go into the advance camp, competitive camp, or the HP camp?

wun.sun
    Hey Vincent how's it going =P

Well, have fun getting better. You can do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wukenne
    Well Gong Ruina, Cao Chen and Bao Chen Lai's coach is coming to Mandarin this summer. I think the men will be there for about a montha nd Gong Ruina will only be here for about 2 weeks if that helps.
    Is the Mandarin camp really expensive ? ... and does anyone know where you can find out more info about it (...like is the camp info listed on a website or something? )