Boon Heong hungry for more action

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by ants, Apr 28, 2006.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    April 29th
    TheStar

AFTER experiencing playing in his first match in the Thomas Cup Finals, doubles shuttler Tan Boon Heong wants more.

The 19-year-old Boon Heong made his debut in the Finals yesterday, partnering Koo Kien Keat for the second doubles match in the opening Group D tie against the United States. They beat Eric Go-Ronald Sou 21-8, 21-7.

“It was a great start for Kien Keat and I,” said Boon Heong.

“I am satisfied with the way we played. There were fewer mistakes. We can become better.

“I will be glad if the coaches give me more opportunities to play. If they decide to field me, I will give my best.”

National doubles coach Rexy Mainaky had mixed feelings over the doubles players' performances yesterday.

“I was happy with Boon Heong-Kien Keat's performances. Boon Heong did not show nervousness but there is still room for improvement,” he said.

Rexy, however, hoped that veterans Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah would pick up pace after dropping one game in their 23-21, 22-24, 21-17 win over Tony Gunawan-Bob Khan Malaythong.

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Tan Boon Heong has indeed emerged as Team Malaysia's no 1 double prospect of late. Will Rexy stick to the same pair of Hoon Thien How/Tan Boon Heong or have Koo Kien Keat partner TBH for good in future tournaments?

3. JYong

JYong Regular Member

They will review after thomas cup, Yap have intention to pair TBH with KKK. TBH a versatile player.

4. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    TBH have come a long way since then. good prospect have turned into great potential. :D

5. darenong

darenong Regular Member

it was a great decision making .....

6. ixory

ixory Regular Member

I'll review back all the comment about him b4 AG 2006, lot of people afraid he not do well ,but now he already show he really talented win 3 from 4 super series.That mean rexy really make a wise decision..

7. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Rexy is indeed very sharp to observe this guy when training and since then, partner him with KKK. A bold and risky move by Rexy but it paid off. Hope for more talented doubles and singles players to come in near future. BJSS has a lot of such talents.