Stringers in Toronto

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by PK, May 13, 2001.

1. PK

PK Guest

Does anyone know any stringers in Toronto and the GTA which provides quality stringing service (no scratches or nicks on the racquet) for a reasonable price?

2. Ah Ching

Ah Ching Guest

Lee's is very good. Parkway Fitness Centre is where they are located. Hwy.7 and Leslie.

3. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    is lees actually good? all the strings are strung at the same tension? not like crappy national sports stringers? "]

4. BaMBaM

BaMBaM Guest

Doh! Before you know it someone from Lee's and National Sports will post a message in this forum.

5. Ah Ching

Ah Ching Guest

I've been stringing at Lee's for 3 years now. You tell them what you want to string at say for example, 23lbs. across and 20lbs. vertical and it won't be a problem with them. I never had problems with them.

6. LL

LL Guest

There are a few places to go in Toronto....you can go to Yo Sports, he is a member of the USRSA (united states racquets stringers association).

YOSPORTS
    3255 HWY 7, Unit168
    Markham, ON, CANADA
    L3R3P3

The shop owner is the only guy who strings there unless he is out of country on business, where he may call on his cuz to string, but this only happens like once a year....

Lee's, i never did like them....they are like national sports....always a different person stringing racquets....never the same person...usually one of the elite students who trains there and works there as well as a coach does stringing when he is not coaching....

LL

7. Ah Ching

Ah Ching Guest

Depends on where you go at Lee's. If you go to the training centre then you have the coaches or team players string them. If you go to the retail store, Jennifer is the only one that will string them unless she is taking the team out of Toronto or the country to tournaments.

8. PK

PK Guest

how much does Lee's and YoSports charge to string bg65, bg70pro, bg80 or bg85?

9. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    lees:
    bg65=17
    bg70=23
    bg68ti=22
    bg66=21 or something
    the rest i'm not sure
    no tax of course

10. PK

PK Guest

does this also mean that lee's doesn't charge tax on the racquets, bags, shuttles they sell?

11. harry

harry Guest

actually i went to one of teh retail store at parkway fitness and the girl stringing my rackets weren't jennifer

12. harry

harry Guest

actually i went to one of teh retail store at parkway fitness and the girl stringing my rackets was't jennifer

13. Henry

Henry Guest

Yoko, stop advertising yourself!

14. LL

LL Guest

No, it's not Yoko, I think you mean Koyo of Yos Sports...I am a loyal customer of his, many racquet strings I have gone through and racquets....

LL

15. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL Guest

Try at Straub stringing special at Rosedale downtown Toronto , Phone number :

16. Henry

Henry Guest

Sure! That's what they all say! He owns part of this website or is it his friends

17. Don

Don Regular Member

Look up some local club, they always have professional stringers at hand. I never trust sport shops that has some idiotic part time stringer at hand to do the most shotty job you've ever seen.

18. Chris

Chris Guest

Unfortunately, most pro-shop in most club are more professional in Tennis & racquet ball, not badminton

19. Don

Don Regular Member

I know of a few places that do have professional stringers. I'll post the list again when I get home.