zhang jiewen talks about cp rackets. (sorry, chinese only)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by red00ecstrat, Apr 29, 2006.

1. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    其实我也听我妈妈说过关于一些羽毛球爱好者对于拍子的说法,其实说实话我们倒是没有那么讲究的,你说的那些字母其实都是歪歪公司分发给不同国家的一些代号,中国队的是CP、日本的是JP、台湾的是TW、泰国是TH,还有很多的国家我都记得不是很清楚了,而你们经常看到市面上有卖的SP其实是给新加坡、印尼和马来西亚的国家用的,我们要是在东南亚比赛拍子断了找歪歪公司换的话也会是换到SP的拍子的,其实在质量上倒是没有太多的差别,甚至我们有好些队员都喜欢打SP的拍子,因为相对而言SP的拍子会感觉比较轻点,像我以前打99的时候,中国队里的基本上都是2U的拍子,我觉得有点重,但是SP的和TH的就基本是3U的,会比较轻所以我就比较喜欢打。而你们所说的CH的拍子我也是打过的,我觉得蛮好打的,因为他也是相对的要轻些,我妈妈也是喜欢打轻些的99,我在国家队的99他觉得太沉了打不了。而且这些字母的拍子都可以上到三十一磅的,所以我觉得很多朋友都会说国家队打的CP的拍子就是比其他的好,其实不是这样子的,这个可能也是跟传闻传的非常神奇有关系的。所以我在这里跟大家说明白一点那大家以后就可以不用花那么多的钱去非要买CP的拍子了。

taken from her blog http://blog.oeeee.com/zhangjiewen/

2. zzz...

zzz... Regular Member

Hmm... that's what I thought as well. Wonder how will those who have bought CP rackets thought about this. :rolleyes:

3. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    By the message, CP rackets should be selected with tendency, but it may not suit everybody even in National team level.

SP, CH and TH versions can hold string tension with 31lbs. But by another blog from her, it will be shorten the racket life when over 28lbs, so you can negotiate with your stringer about the tensions. :D

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    It is in fact true that CP is heavier than other rackets. Its hard to find CP rackets in the Market.

5. forrestyung

Salesman
    Most CN/CP users (including myself) mentioned that the feeling of CN/CP is more solid than SP....., would the racket weight affect our feelings??

6. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    Can someone translate please? It doesn't come out quite right on Babelfish.

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Lightness is different with Solid. You may not feel solid if the racket is light. More vibration i guess.

8. forrestyung

Salesman
    translation...

"......In fact, I am not too concerning about the letters (should be the country code). Those letters are the country code that Yonex distribute to; CP is for China National Team, JP is for Japan, TW is for Taiwan, TH is for Thailand and more......that I cannot remember exactly. SP is for the Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia markets. When we break rackets (should be CP rackets) in South Eas Asia (should be during competition), Yonex only replaces us with SP rackets. The quality of the CP and SP rackets are almost the same, some teamates are preferring SP rackets since they feel SP rackets are lighter.

When I was using MP99, most CP rackets are in 2U, but most SP and TH rackets are in 3U. Since SP and TH rackets are lighter, so I preferred to use them. I played with CH rackets, they are also good because of light weight. My mom also prefers lighter rackets and she thinks that the CP rackets are too heavy for her.

All letters (country code) can be strung up to 31lbs, so I don't agree the myth that CP rackets are better than other versions, and everybody needs not to spend extra money to buy CP rackets."

( )s are my information after read the message. Since my English is not very good, so please accept my errors. I hope it can help other bodies who cannot read Chinese.

#8 forrestyung, Apr 29, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
  9. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

this kind of still doesn't answer the real question of...

is CP heavier than SP(et all), because its mostly 2U vs 3U ?
    or...
    is CP 2U heavier than SP(et al) 2U ?

10. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Depends on the batch of SP. For the same model, some SP racquets come close to CP version's weight.

The crucial issue here is the durability of CP racquets. The extra graphite probably can take prolong and repetitive high-tension stringing. Non CP versions may experience earlier fatigue.

11. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Wow, there are a lot of blank words in the post and I can't read that. I am using Firefox 1.5 as the web browser and I guess I need to figure out other ways to read them with all words showing.

12. forrestyung

Salesman
    I observed that the CN rackets are less shape changes during stringing when compare with SP version. I have no experience to string TH and CH, any experienced stringer can give comments??

13. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

heres the article in its entirety. well, blog entry, whatever. :)
    my chinese is horrible, so i hope i have it set on the right encoding. it looks right to me.

Attached Files:

14. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Ah, now I can read them :)

15. winex8888

winex8888 Regular Member

I read Zhang Jiewen had a discussion with her mum on CP rackets. Is Zhang Jiewen's mum a coach or former China player?

16. Armor_tec_14

Armor_tec_14 Regular Member

School..Dont have one :P
    I'm not sure. Does anyone know ?

17. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Hehe..good news for someone who's holding a CH version of AT900.Hehe..not bad as well for those who's holding SP n the rests.CP is indeed heavier,n probably more for those who got more powers.The CP price is so expensive.U can check it on http://www.bbesports.com/racket_ti.htm n they're even more expensive than the JP version.

They sell that high prob because they think the rackets r superb,that made China team became no 1.:eek::eek::eek:

Oh btw..my badminton friend who happend to have a friend that knows how to get those CP racket,just offered me some rackets.Like what i'm interested,i'm asking for the TI-10.It costs around 1800RMB(Rp2.340.000),n can't go lower than that.:eek::eek:..while in indo,i can buy a ti-10 SP version,which is still more appreciated than the CH,for only Rp880,000(around 680RMB):D:D.Who cares which one is a lil bit better,if the price difference is too much??:confused:

#17 Smichz, Jan 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  18. jerby

jerby Regular Member

okay, maybe I'm misreading this...

But it sounds to me that the SP vc CP is just a 3U vs 2U thing...
    CP's are just a heavier weightclass, nothing fancy... A lot of GR (germany) coded rackets around in Holland are also 2U (nanospeeds)... I really don't see the point..

19. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    She's only commenting on her MP99CP racquets were 2U, and everybody else prefered the SP, CH, and TW 3U MP99....And then at the end she says she doesn't agree on the myth that CP is best.