Chen Hong broke up with Gao Ling

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seawell

seawell Regular Member

Yesterday ,Chen Hong told the reporter , he had broken up with Gao Ling in this Spring Festival , they will never be together ,because Gao Ling’s parent against their love.

A friend told me, Chen has recently been very depressed .His competitive state is very bad, so this time he almost no chance going competition.

“我现在是孤身一人了!”“我们永远都不可能在一起了!”今天下午,在场边为队友加油的陈宏向晶报记者表示,他已经在今年春节与世界冠军高崚正式分手,理由是高的父母干涉。

#1 seawell, Apr 30, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  2. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Didint know that CH and GL were dating. Seems there are many pairs (past and present) in the badminton world. Of course, the famous one that comes to mind is Alan and Susi....wonder how they are getting on now??

3. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Oh...one more thing. If CH's competitive spirit is low, why did LYB bother to bring him to Japan?? Cud have brought another MD player..

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    break up due to parents interference is very very hard to take.

5. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Gao Ling is old enough to make her own decision about dating so her parents should not interfere unless they have real legitimate reasons for not liking Chen Hong. Sometimes I feel that many asian cultures are too traditional & old-fashioned in this sense which is not appreciated in this modern world.

But yeah, this is a real bummer as I thought they are good together.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yes but these things dont change overnite. Don't be too hasty to jump to conclusion about old fashion decision. Btw, modern world isn't all that great either. I bet gao's parents decison was based on the 'modern' world perspective. I withhold my postulation detail:p

7. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    i agree on that too.....my mom won't let me do anything....wear earring, dye hair etc.

8. sweetluv

sweetluv Regular Member

:eek: chen and gao?? split? then they must be very sad since is gao parents who disapprove their relationship... hope gao parents change their mind and let them be together.. (possible:confused: )

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Even if CH's performance is below his own normal standard, he is still one of the top MS player in the world. An additional MD player will never bring the impact as an additional MS player for CHN squad (reason is the same, as I stayed in another thread, about why CHN gets Xia in the team, rather than another MD player), who's been know for years to have superior MS players.

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Sometimes, the love and care don't need any "reason" to back it off. The parents are always the parents, and they are the ones always be in the family. The bf/gf might not be the case at the end.

GL is surely mature enough, but she still needs to seek advice from her parents, when it comes to her life time decision. Maybe the decision is also partially comes from herself as well... :rolleyes:

11. ghostnhero

ghostnhero Regular Member

Students
    haiz...what kind of world is this...why do parents have to interfere too much..they have been together such a long time...wont the parents think for them....
    Gao ling should be old and mature enough to do something instead of following parents 'blindly'.....

12. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    mmm.

Bleh, whatever will be will be. This is highly overrated.

13. yannie

yannie Regular Member

aiya... feel sorry to hear that... poor the both of them...

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, I am not an old man, and not on the older generation side. All I am trying to say is:

1. Whatever quoted from CH is just one sided story, none of us know what exactly went wrong in btw these 2.

2. Many athletes are not "old and mature" enough, even if they are mid 20s or beyond. In CHN, many of them were set to athelte schools at the age of 5 or 6, the only ppl they ever dealed with were coaches / teammates / staff members. It's not the real society, not even to a regular school/college society level. Many of them lack the knowledge and social experience.

3. Sure, parents are not always right. However, they are NOT always wrong as well. They gave suggestions, but usually won't (and can't) enforce all of them from time to time. I think mostly the decision involves with GL's only ideas (in some of a degree) as well. She lives like a building away from CH for 95% of the time, while the parents are likely to be thousands miles away. I don't think anyone can remotely control her mind every single second. ;)

15. magical_phoenix

magical_phoenix Regular Member

This is such a sad news... Aiya.. I thought they were such a lovely couple.

16. Netasia

Netasia Regular Member

Need confirmation on this shocking TC news

Can someone confirm the news that chen hong broke up with gao ling?
    Chen hong admitted to the reporters that he broke up with gao ling today during the TC match against germany. The reason being Gao's family objected to their marriage.

Referance:http://www.chinabadminton.org/bbs/dispbbs.asp?boardID=17&ID=5145&page=1

17. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

just look at the professionnal players threads ... =)
    it's already confirmed lool

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, don't really wanna get into this, cos this kind of news is not uncommon, but here's my 2 cents:
    I don't know what is the "real" reasons behind this or how long or how "serious" a relationship they had, but totally agree and disagree to a certain extent with above post. I also think part of the decision came from Gao Ling and to a certain extent CH.

Disagree cos I do not think this is an "Asian" only mindset or culture. I'm sure there are other European, MiddleEast, or American mindset which have the same view.

However, what i agree on is, that parents should not get involve or interfere with whatever their child's decision. Like some of the posters here also mentioned, parents are not always right NOR alway wrong. They can give advice, but IMO, the final decision should be on their child. Esp. if their child is already old enough to make a decision and support him or herself.

On that note, this is just my hunch, could be totally wrong, but the reason is one that is quite common. Now, i don't know how far did CH pursued his education, but my guess is they disapprove of the relationship going any further because CH is an athlete; not some professional, career person(ie. doctor, engineer, lawyer etc.). I'm sure the parents also thought abt the future of their daughter. And both of them are not getting younger either(esp. Gao Ling)..:rolleyes: :confused:

19. alloh

alloh Regular Member

This thread should put under "Professional Players".

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

wrong, sometime love can blind u too

just look at north amercia's divorce rate versus china, here, old fashion win out.

ctjcad, ur getting warm;)

#20 cooler, May 1, 2006
    Last edited: May 1, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.