LCW V Lin Dan ? Possible a nother big duel ?

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by Sephiroth, May 1, 2006.

1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    Although this may be hard to predict, if such a match will take place in this year's Thomas Cup but do u think such an occurence will result in another fantastic match much like the AE 2006 one ?

2. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    I don't think we can see that AE-06 kinda suspense in the 21 point system. Had they been using 21 point and LD was down by that much, he probably would have lost.

But either way, it sure will be a fantastic match between the two giants if the meeting occurs!

3. Carbonexer

Carbonexer Regular Member

Before LCW, the coming match to watch will be LD vs TH. I have full confident that LD will beat the s outta TH. That big talker so far has been talking big and even lost to LHI. What a joke.

4. indra

indra Regular Member

I don't think so. LD has admitted in the media that TH is the most dangerous player "on earth":D .

LD and LCW are "very nervous" when playing TH:D ...On the other hand, TH fears nobody:D .

5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Lee is a top notch player, not a joke

Why is losing to Lee Hyun Il a joke? Lee currently ranks 4th in the world and is one of the top notch players. I agreed Taufik is not in his top form but never under estimate him. Even Lin Dan is struggling to beat those relatively unknown players. I think Lin Dan has an edge over Taufik but it will be a close games, I hope.

6. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    I know that Taufik is a very good player but he hasn't done enough to be boastful. I agree that he's won two of the most prestigious titles in badminton but if you look carefully many other players has done the same and even more yet they are not a big talker, unlike Taufik. Some examples of these players are Tony Gunawan, Candra Wijaya, Kim Dong Moon, Ha Tae Kwon, Ra Kuying Min, Park Joo Bong (not too sure about him since he is from the older generation which I don't know much about), etc... Please correct me if I am wrong about the players in that list.

Granted that they are not singles player but it does not matter since they would have the same attitude no matter what. I think Taufik should start winning more titles especially the last of the prestigious title, the All England, which he had missed out on several ocassion.

7. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    LCW vs LD would be awesome!"!"!

Would LD be able to overcome LCW in the new system?

If LCW can beat LD, he can really prove that he is the new number 1. I can't wait to see!

I predict LD to win in rubber :D

8. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    To me LCW v Lin Dan would be great because that would imply Malaysia is in the final.

9. Carbonexer

Carbonexer Regular Member

Exactly my point. I think TH head & mouth has grown bigger than his success. Just b'cos he won the Olympic and WC, he think he can start to boast about himself forever. He has the right skills but not the right attitude as a good badminton player. There are lot of good and humble players around. Just too bad he is not one.

10. Wai Shing

Wai Shing Regular Member

Student
    People say the AE06 comeback Lin made in the 3rd game would not have been possible with 21pt system. I think that's true but under 21pt, LCW would have been done for already in 2nd game, he was trailing way behind before Lin took his foot off pedal and making a zillion unforced errors. There wouldn't have even been a rubber game.

11. indra

indra Regular Member

I guess you are using wrong parameters in judging TH's personality. Being big-mouthed in sports is common and normal in sport and is to a certain extent strongly recommended to trigger the andrenaline. That is the art and heart of sports. Applying parameters in judging one's personality normally used in a social setting to sports setting will lead to a wrong conclusion.:D :D

12. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    LCW are nervous if playing againts LD and TH :)

13. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Everyone are... But LCW has really improved in new system so we'd have to see.

14. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i'd like to se LCW vs LHI.... it will be a tight game.... :D

15. Phydhel

Phydhel Regular Member

yeah eventhough to us, it may not seem too hard for LCW, but LHI is like CW's rival, as in HI's type of gameplay is hard for CW, as seen in their previous meetings, CW always had hard times with his distant relative (Lee) haha
    but with the new scoring system CW won once during the Asian qualifier in India,so it will be an interesting match!

on a side note,(totally out of topic) they are all realtives of Lee Young Ae too!! watch Dae Jang Gum!its good for you

#15 Phydhel, May 2, 2006
    Last edited: May 2, 2006
  16. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    LD vs LCW would be a great match if they meet in the final. I hope it will be like the one at AE06 and hope LD will win it.:D But I think it will be harder to see matches like that with the new 21 scoring system. :( However, anything can happen, right ;) ?

17. sweetluv

sweetluv Regular Member

:crying: i hope lee chong wei will win the match against lee hyun il.. malaysian coach, yap kim hock thinks that chong wei can beat hyun il in this new scoring system but is all depends on chong wei's game... MALAYSIA BOLEH!! i will like to see a match between LCW and LD.. should be very interesting:D

18. sweetluv

sweetluv Regular Member

LCW is in good form and LD is a consistent player...:rolleyes: it will be a very interesting match..:)

19. keatm

keatm Regular Member

undergraduate
    LCW vs LD! i think will be an exciting game. but i think LCW been improving nowadays. and he played more steadily and consistently now. i personally think tat he can react to his opponent very quickly. he's like a man on spring! he can spring up immediately when he falls down on da court! which is amazing! i realli looking forward to m'sia playing against indo/china in final! lets hv faith in m'sia team!!!

20. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

LCW have improved since AE06