Wijaya heading to US after TC

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Han, May 1, 2006.

1. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
  2. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    What?!?!?! Are you serious (because my computer cannot decode the text on the website)? If this is true, then it is very good news for US badminton. Candra is one of my idol for men's doubles because he is a very solid player, which is why he and Tony were the best two at their times.

I cannot wait until he comes to the US because he will inspire & develop many young badminton players here in the US along with Tony, Halim, and Howard Bach.

3. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

i read the news..candra is more likely follow tony and halim 's step ..come to the US after the T/U cup...

4. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    no..... chandra wijaya will still play badminton as a hobby :), he has some companies in indonesia, he won't go anywhere, still in indonesia

5. sugar_free

sugar_free Regular Member

University Student (Dentistry)
    I read somewhere that Candra won't go anywhere outside Indonesia... He will play for Jaya Raya (his club) and will be competing in Malaysia Open 2006 (with ?) And there's a rumor state that he is going to reunited with Tony Gunawan in Indonesia Open 2006, which will be held in Surabaya, Tony's hometown...

6. candra W

candra W Regular Member

from some sources very close to candra i know he is not gonna move outside indo.
    he will still play a little but he wants to spend more time with his family and he also wants to focus more on bussiness..

7. blckknght

blckknght Regular Member

Pastry Chef
    hmmmm... rumors always abound...

8. fukusami16

fukusami16 Regular Member

Yeha..i red the newspaper said that candra is not goin out of indo....Focus on his bz..and his family..he said that he will compete in the malaysia open 2006...Keep it up candra>!!!

9. Cangkir

Cangkir Regular Member

I guess he will not go to US, probably stay in indonesia, play for his club
    hehe, but indeed I am willing to see him follow Tony

10. taufikjelly

taufikjelly New Member

it is really sad to see him out of the stage, no matter where he is heading for, wish him good luck:p

11. ricksakti

ricksakti Regular Member

Surgeon
    He should go to USA. I want to see what these old guys can do nowadays...hahaha... do they still have the spirit...

12. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    Candra Wijaya to quit PBSI (retire)

According to KOMPAS daily to day (15 May).
    Rudy Hartono said that he has agreed with the resignation of Candra Wijjaya.
    Candra Wijaya has decided to quit from Pelatnas after Thomas cup.
    There is no other information about what he will do after his quit.

It seems that PBSI not only re-organize its organization, but also re-organize its trainers and players.

We will see what happen.

13. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    ahhh... i heard frm the forum tt his gonna pair wif tony for the indonesia open? is he still gonna play?

14. taufik_lin16

taufik_lin16 Regular Member

badminton player
    Candra hopes to end illustrious career on a winning note

DOUBLES star Candra Wijaya will end a 13-year career with the Indonesian national team after the Thomas Cup Finals.
    And he wants to make his exit with a bang in Japan. The Finals will be the last tournament for the 30-year-old Candra in a world-beating partnership with Sigit Budiarto.
    The Finals began yesterday with the preliminary rounds at the Sendai Gymnasium but Indonesia will only open their campaign in Group B against New Zealand today.
    Candra's decision to quit will see Sigit forging a partnership with Flandi Limpele in all international tournaments after the Finals.
    [​IMG]CANDRA: ‘I can only promise to give my heart and soul to help Indonesia regain the Cup.’
    Candra said yesterday that he has had enough of playing for the country.
    “It's time for me to leave the PBSI (All-Indonesia Badminton Association). It has been really a long time for me and the association must blood young pairs,” said Candra, who joined the national team when he was 17.
    “I will go back to my club, Jayaraya, in Jakarta. I will continue playing and may participate in the Malaysian Open with a new partner. Badminton is in my blood and it is my greatest hobby. I will be competitive for a long time .. but for my club.”
    He added that he was also interested to take up coaching.
    “Nothing has been decided yet. I want to become a coach. But I have not decided on whether it is with Indonesia or another country. But my heart is with Indonesia,” said Candra.
    Candra made his debut in the Thomas Cup Finals in 1998 as the second ranked pair for Indonesia, partnering Sigit. It turned out to be a successful debut in Hong Kong. The pair defeated Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah to provide the winning point in Indonesia's 3-1 win over Malaysia in the final.
    “That was one of the magical moments for me. It was my first Finals and we helped Indonesia win the Cup. There were other historic moments too and I will always thank God for all those great times,” he said.
    Candra also reached the World Championships final three times and won it once with Sigit in 1997 in Glasgow. He is also an Olympic champion with Tony Gunawan in the 2000 Games in Sydney.
    “I have played with several partners over the last 13 years but have been prominent with Sigit and Tony,” he said.
    He had also won more than 30 Open tournaments but never an Asian Games individual gold medal.
    “I was a member of the team who won the gold in Bangkok in 1998 but I was never lucky in the individual event,” said Candra.
    “The Asiad will be held in Doha at the end of the year. But no, I am not staying until then. It does not matter if I do not add an Asian Games gold medal to my collection. I have enough other winners' medals to show.”
    On his final fling in the Thomas Cup Finals, Candra said: “It will be my last outing with Sigit. I can only promise to give my heart and soul to help Indonesia regain the Cup.” Indonesia last won the Cup in Guangzhou in 2002. They were eliminated by Denmark in the semi-finals when they hosted the championships in Jakarta in 2004. :crying:

WHAT A SAD NEWS...

15. candra W

candra W Regular Member

what a great sportsman!

16. sfr fans

sfr fans Regular Member

student
    chandra will go USA??

chandra and tony play in indonesia open 06 with USA satus!!!!
    oh my....

17. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    :confused: :confused: :confused:.... they must play under ina flag :(

18. fukusami16

fukusami16 Regular Member

haha..hopefully candra will continue playing..but mas newspaper wrote he will play in the MAs open with a new partner.....