Intro + sum Q

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by budak, May 2, 2006.

1. budak

budak New Member

Hi
    I am very new to Badminton. I still havent mastered smashing down steep but my net shots have good placement and accuracy.
    I am currently using MusclePower 30 with manufacture strings which are bg65
    i have no coach and i improve by practisin with my friends.

My purpose of posting is of coz to introduce myself But i also would lyk to know a few things.
    1) im thinking of changing the string because this string seem to have lost its tension already o_O My hardest smash went nearer compared to a string used for eight years >.< Any reccomendations on what string i should change to? And what tension??
    2)i cant seem to be able to return smashes from my opponent. Mostly due to the speed of the shuttlecock or my slow reaction. What can i do to improve my reflexes??
    3)Just a quick question, in doubles Is it wiser to be on the left-right Or the front-back??? Whats the differences??

Im tryin to clear all my doubts with this post and also to introduce myself

once again HI!!!

Btw if 15 and i can carry a 50kg boy easily
    How do i further improve my strength w/o restricting my growtH?

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

that's a whole lot of questions, btu welcome to the forum!

you will see at teh top a long blue bar. with "user CP, FAQ, Member list, Calendar. but also "search" type in some key-words and you can read for day!

so for the questions:

1) check the "Lets get together and answer: what is the ideal tension" thread
    2) practise it, ask for people to smahs at you for some time, you'll get used to the speed. also it's important to keep you racket in front of you and bend your knees a bit
    3) search for "doubles rotation" ion the blue bar. In classic double the attacking-side stand front-back and the defending-side stands side-side.

good luck!

3. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome to the forum, budak. Badminton looks easy but there's lots to learn. Take your time, and play more.

-dave

4. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    You can solve these problems many times quicker by investing in a good coach.