Day 7 : TC semi 1 : CHINA vs INDONESIA (May 5, 1pm)

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by kwun, May 3, 2006.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    match starts 1pm Tokyo time.

(added 5/5 10:39am:

official lineup:

CHINA vs INDONESIA

LIN Dan vs HIDAYAT Taufik
    CAI Yun / FU Haifeng vs HADIYANTO Luluk / ALVEN Yulianto
    BAO Chunlai vs KUNCORO Soni Dwi
    XIE Zhongbo / ZHENG Bo vs KIDHO Markis / SETIAWAN Hendra
    CHEN Jin / SANTOSO Simon

)

2. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    This is it, Taufik, it's either do or die. Go out there and do your stuff. While I am an Indonesian and I support the Indonesian team, I must admit the chances of indo victory are very slim... 40% at the most. Taufik is far from top form and yet the coaches have to play him to give Sony and Simon a chance to win. I will be thinking about them, but no matter what Taufik thinks, he is probably not going to bring home the Thomas Cup.

Watch your back Lin Dan (and co.), we'll come and get you...next time. And if we don't, I hope Denmark will when you guys meet at the final.

3. jason_kidd

jason_kidd Regular Member

Candra and sigit will make it

the 1st double will be candra & sigit vs fu/chai.... becasue i dont think luluk/allvin can defeat cai/fu... the coach will know what candra/sigit is capable of....and this time... candra/sigit will fight hard, not just defend....WHEN CANDRA PLAYS SERIOUSLY, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE... candra/sigit will take a point....haha... hopefully this is true... lets see candra/sigit play again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 jason_kidd, May 3, 2006
    Last edited: May 3, 2006
  4. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    At Taufik's current level of play, Chen Jin can probably beat him.

Taufik is giving up too much advantage to Lee Hyun Il and Sato in the loss. Seems he has lost alot of speed and response time has lagged alot too. Lin Dan will have an easy match as long as he doesn't get paranoid over the loss in world championships.

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hmm....one of the formation suggested by the Chinese media is to play Markis/Hendra in the first doubles and a combination between the 4 players for the second doubles. Playing Candra/Sigit is a risk and the chance of losing is 60-70%. Playing Luluk/Alvent is probably better...but they also tend to lose to the Chinese pair.

With Markis/Hendra's attacking play, which is similar to Fu/Cai, it could work though....while ensuring that Indonesia could still have a higher chance of winning the second doubles.

6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    The target remains for INA to win 2 MDs and steal 1 MS, most probably from Sony (or even Taufik if he can raise his game and forget the pain). China will probably put in an experienced player for 3rd MS (Bao or Xia), I don't think Li Yongbo want to put pressure on Chen Jin. The stakes are too high if it is a 2-2 tie.

INA as underdog, but an underdog that can still bite.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Agreed....putting Chen Jin in as the third singles will not be wise as both players have yet to play each other and Chen Jin also lost a set when playing an unknown German player.

Playing Xia is also risky as Xia's performance has really gone downhill and his ranking is actually lower than Simon.

I have a sneaky feeling that Simon could play a big part yet again tomorrow....let's see...

8. indra

indra Regular Member

Taufik may lose to LHI and Sato....But not to Lin Dan...

Taufik's losses were due to his avoidance from getting injured more seriously.
    Indra Gunawan (former Malaysian and Indonesian coach) said that it is not easy for LD to defeat TH although he is injured. Indra predicted that Taufik will play all-out despite his injury against LD.

Anyway...this is the long-awaited match of the year!!

Prediction:

LD vs TH = 50:50
    Luluk/ALven vs Cai Fu = 45:55
    Sony vs Bao/Chen = 50:50
    Markis/Hendra vs Zhang/ = 55:45
    Simon vs Xia/CJ = 55:45

9. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Indra,

U sure Luluk/Alven got the balls to play Cai/Fu? Sigit/Chandra if on form will just toy around with the Chinese.

10. BMcentral

BMcentral Regular Member

that's the most important point.

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

An excerpt from Jawa Pos.

"Formasi yang akan kami turunkan di perempat final tidak akan kami rombak saat melawan Tiongkok di semifinal Jumat (5/5) nanti," tambah Rudy.

Dia mengakui penampilan Taufik masih belum sesuai harapan. Hanya, maestro bulu tangkis dunia itu tetap akan kembali dipercaya turun melawan Tiongkok. "Semoga saja kondisi dia mulai membaik dan ada tenaga baru untuk bisa mengalahkan Tiongkok," harap Rudy.

Rudy berharap, Taufik dkk mampu memberikan perlawanan sengit kepada juara bertahan. Tentang formasi, dia mengisyaratkan tidak akan ada perubahan. "Besok (hari ini, Red), komposisi yang ada akan kami matangkan. Termasuk, strategi yang dipakai," tutur juara All England delapan kali itu.

So, its likely that we will see the same formation in the semi-final against China. Rudy Hartono indicated that there might not be changes to the formation and the formation will be finalized by today. He wanted Taufik and co to give a real fight to the defending champion, although Taufik himself is still plagued by back injury. "Let's hope Taufik's condition improves and he finds new energy to beat China", he hoped.

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I really doubt that Rudi Hartono will field the seriously off-form Candra/Sigit to play against Fu/Cai. Its simply a suicide mission! How many matches have they played this year and how many have they won under the new system? Playing Luluk/Alvent is a safer bet...

13. indra

indra Regular Member

Rudi Hartono stated that he would not change the winning team. He would field the same team. Anyhow, things may change 4 hours prior to the match. It all depends of the readiness of each individual player.

Indonesia can't lose in the doubles, otherwise, it will be a disaster. The same applies to China.

I predict that SImon and SOny's self confidence are on the rise now. I don't think that the Chinese singles will find it easy to handle them. The results might be the opposite.

14. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Oh no, not this again!! :D Maybe Taufik may not play his best 2morrow either as he would definitely want to save all his energy and avoid any injuries before facing against either LCW/PG!! :D :)

I think ur predictions are very one-sided! Sony should be at disadvantage against any of Bao or Chen while no way does Simon hold an advantage against Xia/Chen. If anything, it should be 60:40 in favor of China's 3rd singles.

15. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

Disagree.
    My prediction is that Lin Dan will beat Taufik, but there is a chance INA will bt China.

If you really want to see a real match between Lin Dan and Taufik Hidayat, did not you listen to what TH has said?
    He said he'll make it in the World Championship in Madrid. Just be patience, and let's hope that his condition will be on peak by then. :)

As for tomorrow, I am sure it's Lin Dan who will win. 65 : 35

16. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

I think Lin has a higher chance of winning , i'd give it 60-40. China overall has about 60% chance of beating Indonesia to reach the finals..

17. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    sony and simon will give one point each :)

for md... chandra/sigit will be fielded as 1st md and alvent/luluk as 2nd md

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

?!?!..:eek: gasp, did Taufik said that??..sorry, maybe i missed it, but when did he say it?? any source(s)??..i've never heard him said that..
    If that's the case, is that a guarantee he WILL go to Spain??..are we going to see a repeat WC title for Taufik??..:rolleyes:

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Wow, it has began...

Boy...Kwun, the Semifinal match between CHN and INA hasn't even started and we're already warming up with all the same old banters...just look at the no. of posts already in this thread..hahaha;) :)

20. yoshichi

yoshichi Regular Member

i might be the crucial match.. but, base on the current situation, CHINA will easily WON the match.. CHINA 3-0 INDONESIA! maybe a surprising result, but i can be..