User Tag List

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default mgr college

hi guys . there was query on mgr janaki college. i played there last yr. week days 6 to 7 pm and weekends in the mornings . last year the fee was about 350 montly.wher are the coutrs in besantnagar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Baddy courts in YMCA Nandanam

Probably this is old news,I remember that there are 2 indoor badminton courts in YMCA Nandanam where you can become a member and play. You can call the YMCA center and they give enough details.

For all those near RA puram, there is an open baddy court in Ransa club in RA puram.

I dont live in Chennai anymore, probably my news is old. But still wanted to share info I have.

Let me know if this info is valid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some other Baddy playing centers - Nehru Stadium Egmore, Indiranagar sports club, Mylapore club, Anna nagar club, Adarsh school Royepettah, Corporation court at MRC Nagar RA Puram , T Nagar club are a few places where you can find indoor badminton court.

Probably again,this information could be outdated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys

i used to play at the towers club in annanagar, next to the angr twr park. used to b members only but i understand that they have palying mbrships.

was a pretty decent facility with2 indoor wooden courts, best time to play was b/w 4pm to 6.30pm, after that the courts get hoarded by players of the club team.

also there used to be a badminton court at the angr club down the road, a 2 minute walk from towers club.

hv also played at YMCA vepery(this is 4-5 yrs back) , gud time used to b b/w 7 am to 9am

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default indira ngr

[hi.i'm interested in play'g in indira ngr sports club..cud u gve me details in join'g d club..was play'g fr my scool lvl n college lvl abt 2-3 yrs bk...now in mercahnt navy n hav cme on holidayz 2 india..wud like 2 join d club n continue my game..wud u suggest me with d procedure fr join'g d club..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to play shuttle badminton in chennai. Pls help in finding an indoor court in chennai. Contact number of the club would be much helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Hi Freinds............

Hi i hv jst landed in thiruvanmiyur, wud lik to knw bout ne indoor or semi-indoor courts in and around thiruvanmiyur,
    i am a district level player from maharashtra, pursuing my post grads frm madras university.
    i hv already met Sanjeev Sachdeva Sir,bt his place for coaching is too far away for a student lik me.........
    my email id is arnab9689@yahoo.co.in mail me if u hv ne info.
    also wud lik to play wid u if u r playing ne weekends....
    do mail me coz i am really loosing touch of the game..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi,
    I used to play baddy at salem n have been in my college team too..now I'm working in chennai n im dying to re-join..I stay at thiruvanmiyur,so any place around adyar,besant nagar is ok..I would be playing almost daily,at abt 6 pm..I visited the Indra nagar club n was disappointed to see just one court n the membership procedure.
    -->sandhya,any updates abt the court at MGR?
    --<srinivas,can u tel me the exact location at BN?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pls help me guys

Im staying near vadapalani please give any contact number for kumaran colony shuttle court or any near vadapani shuttle court contact number or address.

Thanks
    Raja

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi..
    Hunted the whole place down 4 the court in Besant Nagar n couldnt find..PPl..does any1 know whr it is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi i am ARNAB

Hi guys i urenty sty in thiruvanmiyur,
    i hv been playin badminton since d past 12 yrs.
    bt nw hv cum down to chennai fr my studies, i do nt want to leave my badminton practice so please plz plz suggest me a place near thiruanmiyur or n besant ngr.plz guys i am really cravin for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default pls. help me guys..

hi friends, i am a new member and right now staying in anna nagar. I am an excellent badminton player. i am seriously interested in playing at state level.
    It would be nice if you could suggest some clubs or academies near my area.
    I am ready to play badminton with good players, and those who are interested to play with me can interact with me and contact me.

thank you,
    kamalesh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently returned from a trip to India. while we were there, we went to play badminton at a club (don't remember the name, but it had a horse racing section). while we were there, we noticed that people were extremely hostile towards any newcomers, one guy who was there on his own finally told us the rules. we got onto the court, and people were standing right on the edge of the court, counting our score and waiting for us to finish. which was okay, but the next time we tried to get on the court, one group who had just gotten off the next court also tried to get on. we had to argue with them to get our turn, and they were making fun of they way we were playing (one of our group is a tennis player). we finally got them off the court and played our game. after this we talked to the guy on his own, and he told us that the members really dislike newcomers, and that he had been there for 3.5 hours and only gotten on the court once! he told us that they try to bully new people away so they don't interfere with the "good" players court time

a lot of this is to be seen at every club, but generally club members just ignore new people, they are not openly hostile to them. We were there with 4 people so we were not asking anyone to play or anything, This club was very elitist and arrogant, at least it seemed that way to us. we won't be going back there, that's for sure!

I hope the rest of you have better experiences playing in Chennai than we have, like I said I hope it was just this club's members, not a general attitude.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, I am senthil, i stay at Adayar near IIT Campus. I am looking for a Batminton Court & some friends to join with for the game. Can Anyone Sugest me. I am Morderate player. I used to play for a Club in madurai during my college days, due to my College timings i was not able to continue. this is my fav game.

Please inform me at the Earliest possible.

Or

Call / SMS on 98940 10919

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I m staying at tnagar is der ny place near by wer i culd play with affordable membership! culd ny1 suggest me a place to play! I want to play it badly its been a while i hv played!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mate,

What do you expect from the elitist of MRC (madras race club). I remember how some members from our club clobbered them. Now they have started using some good players who were ex state i guess.

If you want decent games and you are a beginner then please dont go to snobbish clubs clike MRC or MCC.

I guess you should have done your homework. If you are not famous or great with baddy then dont expect any respect in these clubs. I guess that is how the world tends to operate now a days (atleast in india).

What a sorry state for a country which used to be the bane of kindness and understanding.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by evylgrynn View Post
    I recently returned from a trip to India. while we were there, we went to play badminton at a club (don't remember the name, but it had a horse racing section). while we were there, we noticed that people were extremely hostile towards any newcomers, one guy who was there on his own finally told us the rules. we got onto the court, and people were standing right on the edge of the court, counting our score and waiting for us to finish. which was okay, but the next time we tried to get on the court, one group who had just gotten off the next court also tried to get on. we had to argue with them to get our turn, and they were making fun of they way we were playing (one of our group is a tennis player). we finally got them off the court and played our game. after this we talked to the guy on his own, and he told us that the members really dislike newcomers, and that he had been there for 3.5 hours and only gotten on the court once! he told us that they try to bully new people away so they don't interfere with the "good" players court time

a lot of this is to be seen at every club, but generally club members just ignore new people, they are not openly hostile to them. We were there with 4 people so we were not asking anyone to play or anything, This club was very elitist and arrogant, at least it seemed that way to us. we won't be going back there, that's for sure!

I hope the rest of you have better experiences playing in Chennai than we have, like I said I hope it was just this club's members, not a general attitude.
    Last edited by Yogi; 03-19-2008 at 12:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys,
    i live in annanagar....and play in towers club...nice place....and sanjeev sachideva sir and siddarth sir coach me.....am still learning!!!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast