Tennis

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by CkcJsm, May 5, 2006.

1. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

Hey,I'm just saying that if u play badminton DO NOT switch to tennis, unless u start with paddle tennis and then get use to it.(paddle tennis are smaller and racquets are smaller and much lighter which means if u use ur wrist u wont risk injuries on wrist as much)alot of badminton-tennis playes hurt there wrist as a result.So remeber when u switch, paddle tennis first,after getting use to go to tennis.But tennis to badminton is okay. lol

2. JoeyC.

JoeyC. Regular Member

I'm pretty sure it shouldn't matter, if you play badminton then tennis. If your playing tennis correctly your wrist shouldn't move (if I remember correctly) the wrist should be stiff, so it shouldn't matter.

3. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

i meant for people who just switched to tennis,usually are use to using their wrist so alot of people do it by accdent and injure their wrist.

4. JoeyC.

JoeyC. Regular Member

Yeah, I understand ya, a few of my friends that play badminton complained about how their wrist hurt after playing tennis for the first time.:p

5. disney.babies

disney.babies Regular Member

student
    i am currently switchin to tennis :p
    but i think if you get a coach to teaaach you how to play the first couple of times you'll be ok.. get the ccorrest techniques adn stuff..

6. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    Just consider to use another hand like me.

7. disney.babies

student
    thats going to be hard... i got no left hand eye corrdination

8. asphyxiate

asphyxiate Regular Member

I know someone that went from badminton to tennis and after a short while her badminton really sucked.. I guess its different for each person though.

9. disney.babies

student
    wow i just started playing tennis for baout like 3 weeks then went to play badminton tonight and i couldn't play!!!
    i kept hitting the frame :crying: ahhh i want to play tennis but my badminton's got to scarifice :crying:

10. riz-nie

riz-nie Regular Member

tennis racquet is heavy....makes my hands hurt.

11. atimtam

atimtam Regular Member

student
    there's always this huge debacle between baddie and tennis

i started baddie and tennis in about the same yr, at 8 yrs of age. i went to tennis coaching, but i learnt baddie from my parents. it didn't really affect me that much, because i only played tennis for a term. i continued baddie, then i stopped. after a couple of years at 11, i started up tennis again and a bit of baddie. i played competitive tennis for 3 years with coaching of course, and trained at school for the baddie team. basically i've never really had any formal coaching for badminton, but i have been taught the proper grips and stuff, just not the footwork.

for me, i choose baddie to be my favourite sport, so obviously i will try harder. i have now quit tennis to concentrate more on badminton. but during the years which i played both sports, it didn't affect me too much since i played baddie in winter and tennis in summer. though i did have tennis coaching throughout winter, it was less serious, still training competitively...since i've always preferred baddie i always tried harder. sometimes i would be lazy and i would get all floppy-wristed in tennis. i had badminton on friday mornings and tennis friday arvo!!

my sister plays tennis competitively throughout both winter and summer, and she plays baddie during winter. she can't decide which one she likes better!! she's a lucky one, because she can play both sports equally well without crossing-over with technique or anything. she loves both, and she treats them as two completely different sports [even if they both use a racket] which makes her more successful i believe.

don't completely ditch tennis or baddie, my badminton coach plays both sports aswell. it is possible to do both, its just the mind-set that has to be correct. treat them as two completely different sports and games. and, they both help each other because i run more on the tennis court to make an effort to get to the ball, unlike some of my friends. and the tennis serve has really helped me with overheads in baddie.

[i hope you can make out that whole load of rambling...]

...but baddie will always be my favourite sport =)

12. disney.babies

student
    i like that idea... wow lots of summer training for me :eek:

13. xdanox

xdanox New Member

i play badminton and tennis at the same time. Its hard at first but once u get used to it u can play all racket sports with no trouble.

14. riz-nie

riz-nie Regular Member

is squash racquet as heavy as tennis racquet??? squash racket looks heavy to me...

15. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    Most rackets would be in these ranges:
    Tennis racket fm 250g to 310g
    Squash racket fm 110g to 180g
    Badminton racket fm 80g to 100g (except the trainning racket)

16. riz-nie

riz-nie Regular Member

so tennis is the heaviest rackets among the three of them...is there any heavier rackets than tennis rackets?????

17. jwcdis

jwcdis Regular Member

Student
    not sure but to me tennis is completley different, i can pick up a tennis racquet and play 1 day and play badminton perfectly fine the next day.

in tennis im more focused on trying to get different spins on the ball which adds a whole new aspect but badminton more fast paced and you need faster reflexes to keep up.

btw: i hate picking up balls, especially when you only have 1 can