User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I prefer 3 x 15 system too.
    What I see in the 21-point system now, the player that keep smashing and make less mistake mostly will win the match, not much skills needed.
    So does it means the trend of all players now = fast attacker?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From badminton.de

Rallyepoint counting method of the IBF finally decided
    Martin Knupp (6.5.06) (with google_translate)

"With more expectationful tension as the Uber Cup final in the afternoon the IBF Annual general Meeting (AGM) was expected , which took place this morning in the Keio Plaza hotel in Tokyo.

... At point 7 the agenda “Laws of badminton” took place only two word messages. England expressed itself for an extension of the test phase, Denmark articulated skepticism whether the (game)duration to 21 was the the best. But both notes did not even flow into formal requests. Then the tuning took place. Without dissenting votes it was decided that since 1 February with the international tournaments used “Rallyepoint counting method” now formally as official counting method for the badmiton haven applies. ..."

Note that it was no vote against this new system!!!

For germany i dont hear any public debate or consultations about the suitability of the new system till now. In an interview in january this year the president of the german federation said practically that the european countrys have nothing to say on the IBF meetings and that it's nothing what they can do against.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question new system (relly point)

It is now officially declared that the new system (3x21) will be use for the future event and tournament. IBF on there annual meeting in tokyo this week decided to continue using the new system, rely point 3 x 21 after the whole IBF member vote for this new system.

meanwhile deputy presiden IBF, Datuk Punch Gunalan said that system rely point has a lot of advantages, such as : easier for them to predict how long it will take each game, there wont be any love game (15-0) so it will bost their selfconfidence, and also the new system will help the palyer to keep their fitness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default disaster

I can't believe it...allowing people to score when it's not their serve changes the nature of the game so much. I really hope this doesn't get adopted by clubs, and gets thrown out at asap...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so...we can cry and sob now? it's still the same game, although I'm in big favor for the 2x15. the new scoring is stupid and not fun at all, try it, very confusing for double. punch run IBF like his kingdom...

easier to predict? not really. it could be longer it could be shorter, like the old one. but clear rules in doubles has to be established for service verification. do they still change side?
    Last edited by Double_Player; 05-06-2006 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Double_Player
    so...we can cry and sob now? it's still the same game, although I'm in big favor for the 2x15. the new scoring is stupid and not fun at all, try it, very confusing for double.
    You mean it's difficult to understand gaining a point on each rally?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i suggest that people who do not approve of the new rally system to boycott any tournaments that uses the new system. this is our only chance to fight back.
    if ibf is unwilling to listen to the players and the fans, we'll make sure they hear us by not participating in their decision.

this is the headline title posted by the star newspaper in malaysia
    IBF to stick with new format despite complaints from top stars
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2006/5/7/sports/14174288&sec=sports

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baddie76
    i suggest that people who do not approve of the new rally system to boycott any tournaments that uses the new system. this is our only chance to fight back.
    if ibf is unwilling to listen to the players and the fans, we'll make sure they hear us by not participating in their decision.
    Good idea, but are you so sure you will not end up with only yourself fighting a lost cause? It is human nature for a dissenter to curse and swear at what they don't like, but at the end of the day he becomes part of the new system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it should be 3X31 rally point system!

3X15 of cause much more better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21 point system is something similar to the ping-pong scoring system. come on, be original.

really not satisfied with this scoring system. players who are leading by 3-4 points after reaching the 11th point, will most likely win the game. NO EXCITEMENT at all.

bring back the old scoring system. much skills and staminas are needed from the player and not just by avoiding errors to win!

i can still remember those time when a player who was trailing 5-13, eventually won the game not because he is extremely good but because he was focused & determined. this is not possible with the free-for-all scoring system. shame !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nugroho
    meanwhile deputy presiden IBF, Datuk Punch Gunalan said that system rely point has a lot of advantages, such as : easier for them to predict how long it will take each game, there wont be any love game (15-0) so it will bost their selfconfidence, and also the new system will help the palyer to keep their fitness.
    hmm, i would like to see a news source which quipped his comments..
    As for his reason why the new 21-pt system has a lot advantages:
    1. easier for them to predict how long it will take each game : really???..what is that supposed to mean??..what is his point??..don't tell us he is linking this to more ads for tv??..
    2. there wont be any love game (15-0) so it will bost their selfconfidence : errr, i thought Sony Kuncoro almost gave a 0(zero) to his opponent in one of his match in the 2006 TC. Whoop-dee-doo, 1 pt WILL REALLY BOOST a losing player's confidence.
    3. the new system will help the player to keep their fitness : heh?? didn't Mr. Gunalan see how long 2 of the semifinals matches for Uber Cup took place?? one of them almost ran 5 hrs. long??..or the avg of most matches played in the TC??..compare that to the previous scoring system..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 05-07-2006 at 05:34 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baddie76

this is the headline title posted by the star newspaper in malaysia
    IBF to stick with new format despite complaints from top stars
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2006/5/7/sports/14174288&sec=sports
    seems like that's the only way...Have all the top players joined together and boycott and not play in any IBF sanctioned tournaments and see what IBF will do??..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    1. easier for them to predict how long it will take each game : really???..what is that supposed to mean??..what is his point??..don't tell us he is linking this to more ads for tv??..
    2. there wont be any love game (15-0) so it will bost their selfconfidence : errr, i thought Sony Kuncoro almost gave a 0(zero) to his opponent in one of his match in the 2006 TC. Whoop-dee-doo, 1 pt WILL REALLY BOOST a losing player's confidence.
    3. the new system will help the player to keep their fitness : heh?? didn't Mr. Gunalan see how long 2 of the semifinals match for Uber Cup took place?? almost 5 hrs. long??..or the avg of most matches played in the TC??..compare that to the previous scoring system..
    what if a player win 21-0 with one servis, that's too long for the player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Good idea, but are you so sure you will not end up with only yourself fighting a lost cause? It is human nature for a dissenter to curse and swear at what they don't like, but at the end of the day he becomes part of the new system.
    No, I agree with baddie76. He is not alone. In fact, he is in the overwhelming majority of people who don't like the way Punch Gunalan has hijacked this beautiful game. Change that is unpopular with the masses is unsustainable. Just because IBF has voted the way you want, Taneepak, does not make either of you right.

I have said before that I don't mind playing the rally21 recreationally, but no more. I will not cooperate. I will insist on playing with regular scoring. I will avoid tournaments that impose rally scoring. I will stop watching what is shown on TV.

I feel sorry for the pros, who can't afford to boycott IBF events. In good conscience, no one can ask them to do so. It is in the hands of the amateurs and the enthusiasts now to fight back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    3. the new system will help the player to keep their fitness : heh?? didn't Mr. Gunalan see how long 2 of the semifinals matches for Uber Cup took place?? one of them almost ran 5 hrs. long??..or the avg of most matches played in the TC??..compare that to the previous scoring system..
    i red the article from www.antara.co.id
    so you should fine it there... i dont like the new system my self, but what can we actually do to change the new rule that has been aproved by a group of people which believed to be this sport organizer...
    Last edited by nugroho; 05-07-2006 at 09:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may be an arduous fight, but I am prepared to quit badminton for good if I have to. I would hate to do this, but ultimately I cannot support a sport that's governed by dictators.

On the other note, I am extremely disappointed in USA Badminton. Their memberships have declined over the years and many members wonder what are the perks of joining the organization. They could've used this opportunity to allow active members to vote on the issue. Instead they chose not to notify anybody about the new scoring system being experimented and in the end voted for the for the unpopular system.

I also plea that USA Badminton members who do not approve of the new system not to renew their membership. In addition, notify the organization the reason why you're not renewing your membership.

I think fans and supporters are the key to success in any sports. Badminton is no exception. If we can unite as a group to boycott the decision, there may be a chance that it will be reverted. If you continue to play despite the change, you're telling IBF that they can continue to "screw up" the sport in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kanive
    No, I agree with baddie76. He is not alone. In fact, he is in the overwhelming majority of people who don't like the way Punch Gunalan has hijacked this beautiful game. Change that is unpopular with the masses is unsustainable. Just because IBF has voted the way you want, Taneepak, does not make either of you right.

I have said before that I don't mind playing the rally21 recreationally, but no more. I will not cooperate. I will insist on playing with regular scoring. I will avoid tournaments that impose rally scoring. I will stop watching what is shown on TV.

I feel sorry for the pros, who can't afford to boycott IBF events. In good conscience, no one can ask them to do so. It is in the hands of the amateurs and the enthusiasts now to fight back.
    btw kanive, i'm a she.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast