Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Achilles Tendon Injury
05-06-2006, 10:17 PM #1
Achilles Tendon Injury
I tore my Achilles Tendon 2.5 years ago, it took me 6 - 12 months to recover, but I haven't really fully recovered until now, it will never be the same like before for sure. I can play badminton like before though, but I'm a lot more cautious. It was the worst experience ever and I don't want it to happen anymore.
It was definitely a lesson learned for me, and I'd like to share it with everyone. Hopefully it's useful.
1. It started with continuous inflammation around the area, it hurt after playing or when I woke up in the morning, but I kept playing.
2. I saw a Podiatry regularly for treatment, but I should have rested and wait until it fully recovered before playing again.
3. I was a little over weight.
4. I was playing on the very sticky court when the injury happened.
5. I was trying too hard to win the game, I was pushing it and didn't realize my condition.
6. I did warm up and stretched before playing by the way, so don't assume it won't happen if you warm up.
Information about Achilles Tendon:
Best of luck to Wong Chong Han, he's a very nice guy, I met him at the last World Championship, he's very friendly.
05-07-2006, 12:06 AM #2
1) is great advice on a warning signal. I wonder how many AT snaps there have been without this symptom.
By tjbarber in forum InjuriesReplies: 13: 11-15-2011, 08:26 AM
By Dealucis in forum InjuriesReplies: 8: 11-22-2010, 11:32 AM
By Mark in forum InjuriesReplies: 28: 09-30-2010, 07:08 PM
By azn_123 in forum InjuriesReplies: 1: 05-28-2007, 08:45 PM
By Mark Keizer in forum InjuriesReplies: 0: 11-29-2002, 04:47 AM