Outside training For badminton

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by bd newb, May 6, 2006.

1. bd newb

bd newb Regular Member

Hi, i'm really new to this forum so i really need some help
    some of my basic badminton history is i trained for about 2 years at a club, during that time i went from a badminton player with no basic knowledge of footwork (drills), grips and strokes. After the 2 years of training, due to the load of school work i'm getting
    i'm unable to return to the club for extra training.
    My question is, other then practicing of swings at home ( shadowing playing in my yard) and jogging, what else can i do to train?

Suggestions would be gratly appreciated.

2. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    You can train your reflexes by playing againts the wall and when you have improve on that, then start standing closer and closer to the wall. Remember to use the wrist more if possible 100% wrist.

i go to the gym when i'm not playing badminton, i do lightweight on everything with fast reps. It can improve strength and muscle endurance, and will make you jump higher.

hope it helps

3. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    I like to mountian bike during my off time and double it as training. It gets my endurance up along with leg muscles that will preform when tired. Also helps with concentration and reflexes since I don't want to face plant into a tree.

4. Southern

Southern Regular Member

leg muscle training ;)

If you have a girl-friend or wife who likes to be carried around, you can go for a short run with her on your back ;p Course, don't tell her she's heavy ;p Course, you should only do this if you can ;p

I did this the other day, about 100 yards jog with wife on back ;p Was surprised at how strong my legs are actually ;p

BUT seriously, go for runs that will increase your stamina, but also do shorter runs at faster pace to increase your ability to use your stamina at high speed for long rallies or prolonged games when you need to surge suddenly. It's very important with this fanangled new scoring system. And work on your serve...my god, you serve out or in the net, not only do you lose the serve but also give your opponent a point >_<

This new scoring system certainly evens things out for players that are slightly better than each other across all levels of play. Consistency is the REAL issue.

#4 Southern, May 8, 2006
    Last edited: May 8, 2006
  5. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

erm..maybe you can try and follow this program. firstly after you warm up, do some fast jogging for 15 minutes. in that 15 minutes, you jog as fast as possible.
    after that, do shadow training. u try and take a heavy racket and do shadow with it. it does not necessaraly have to be in badminton court. you can just do it in an open space.
    just do 6 corners shadow as fast as possible(15x5), side to side defend(15x2), and jump side to side smashing (15x2)
    and after that do some sprinting for your leg speed. just find a 30 meter track. sprint 30 meter and reverse back as fast as possible also. 3 times. and do it in 5 sets. and after that just warm down.

this trainings are quite simple but you have to do it REALLY REALLY PROPERLY otherwise you are just wasting your time. You have to do this program at least 6 times a week. this is more to a quality training. And remember also to go to gym to do some weightlifting 3 times a week.

hope this helps..:D

6. bd newb

bd newb Regular Member

thx for all these tips, i also do swimming and tennis as a substitute for badminton.. i wonder if these help too?

7. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    jogging as fast as possible? :confused: do you mean sprinting?