Find me a racket!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by .:eha, May 7, 2006.

1. .:eha

.:eha Regular Member

Unemployed
    Hey. I'm currently looking for a new racket. My old one is a Yonex ISO-20. It's worn out, and I've improved my playing very much now.

I'm a typical defensive player. I tend not to attack so much. I hit very hard also, so I wont be needing muscle power, since I can shoot over the court. :p I like my rackets stiff. medium is fine, but I prefer them stiff.

Got any suggestions for me? :)

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Try to demo some rackets by yourself. Borrow / rent rackets from local shops or borrow from fellow club players. Then, make your own decisions based on your own selection. ;)

3. zach1234

zach1234 Regular Member

I am a big fan of the MusclePower 88.

Don't let the name fool you, it excells in control more than power - at least from my experience. It has some amazing feel around the net, but will still give you that confidence with well-placed smashes, clears, etc. Yonex places it more towards the "receive-based defencive" catagory on the spectrum, where as the MP99 and MP100 are right up towards the "smash-based offensive" catagory.

I highly suggest you find one to try out, as you may be pleasantly surprised. I know that I was.

Zach

#3 zach1234, May 7, 2006
    Last edited: May 7, 2006
  4. wlachan

wlachan Regular Member

Cab8600? It has medium stiffness, not heavy headed so quicker response. I used to use Widebody30 which is heavy headed. With 8600 my response is much quicker. Just restring it with BG85 at 22lbs and it offers decent power and feel. The whole package cost me C$75.

#4 wlachan, May 7, 2006
    Last edited: May 7, 2006