User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 19
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Chinese and Malaysians to dominate Indonesian Open

    1. Bao CL, Lin Dan, Chen Jin, LCW, will dominate singles play.


    2. CM-KKK, CTF/LWW, the Chinese pairs will dominate doubles play.


    Interesting follow-ups:

    LCW's promise to redeem himself (from the TC) would be interesting to watch -- can he upset the chinese ?

    Can CTF/LWW, unbeaten in the TC, carry on the winning formula ?

    Is Hafiz getting fitter or is he a spent force (can Misbun put some spark back into this guy) ?

    Will Taufik disappoint his countrymen yet again or will he be able to instil a revival to his flagging form ?

    Is Lin Dan invincible ?

    Is Bao's smashes going to dominate the Open and will be the next champion that China continuosly churn out every 3/4 years ?


    If you think the above are interesting questions, then we are looking forward to an exciting Open.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,674
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball
    1. Bao CL, Lin Dan, Chen Jin, LCW, will dominate singles play.


    2. CM-KKK, CTF/LWW, the Chinese pairs will dominate doubles play.


    Interesting follow-ups:

    LCW's promise to redeem himself (from the TC) would be interesting to watch -- can he upset the chinese ?

    Can CTF/LWW, unbeaten in the TC, carry on the winning formula ?

    Is Hafiz getting fitter or is he a spent force (can Misbun put some spark back into this guy) ?

    Will Taufik disappoint his countrymen yet again or will he be able to instil a revival to his flagging form ?

    Is Lin Dan invincible ?

    Is Bao's smashes going to dominate the Open and will be the next champion that China continuosly churn out every 3/4 years ?


    If you think the above are interesting questions, then we are looking forward to an exciting Open.
    MD:

    don't understimate kido/hendra, they had beaten CTF/LWW in indonesia open 2005

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist
    MD:

    don't understimate kido/hendra, they had beaten CTF/LWW in indonesia open 2005
    MS: LD at this time is undefeated [ TH will not participate]
    MD: I hold KKK and Chan. They are very powerful and fast.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    s-pore
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yayaaya...dont underestimate indo.miracle will happen in indo open,who knows!!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia (Boleh-Land)
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Taufik will no participate again? Poorrr.....
    He seems at half retirement now.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,576
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball
    1. Bao CL, Lin Dan, Chen Jin, LCW, will dominate singles play.


    2. CM-KKK, CTF/LWW, the Chinese pairs will dominate doubles play.

    If you think the above are interesting questions, then we are looking forward to an exciting Open.
    According to ANTARA News Agency CHN will send 20 players to compete in IO-06. Among them only 2 'big names' in CHN's squad (LD and CJ). Completely, CHN's contingent consist : 5 MS (LD-CJ-Chen Yu-Lu Yi-Qiu Yanbo--the last two names are newcomers?!) ; 3 WS (Zhu Lin-Wang Lin-Chen Li) ; 3 pairs unpopular MD ; 3 pairs WD (Du Jing/Yu Yang-Zhang Dan/Zhao Tingting-1 pair newcomer). For XD division CHN will use same shutllers in MD+WD with mix-and-match format (total are 5 pairs XD). I think INA's team will fight all-out in their homeground (minimum target: same with last year achievement--2 titles from MD (Markis/Hendra) and XD (Nova/Lily). Hopefully Sony and Simon will perform their best in Surabaya!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Finnish Defence Forces (army)
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hm I think Chen Jin will be a tough test especially for LCW. Anyway, I believe Lin Dan is still in his form and is kinda unbeatable, despite the new scoring system . Well I'll cheer for him.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,674
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my matches i'm looking forward :

    1. lin dan vs lcw
    2. chen jin vs simon santoso
    3. shen jin vs sony
    4. kido/hendra vs ckk/kkk

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    UK - London, Birmingham
    Posts
    768
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't forget Tony and Candra!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,428
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CLELY
    According to ANTARA News Agency CHN will send 20 players to compete in IO-06. Among them only 2 'big names' in CHN's squad (LD and CJ). Completely, CHN's contingent consist : 5 MS (LD-CJ-Chen Yu-Lu Yi-Qiu Yanbo--the last two names are newcomers?!) ; 3 WS (Zhu Lin-Wang Lin-Chen Li) ; 3 pairs unpopular MD ; 3 pairs WD (Du Jing/Yu Yang-Zhang Dan/Zhao Tingting-1 pair newcomer). For XD division CHN will use same shutllers in MD+WD with mix-and-match format (total are 5 pairs XD). I think INA's team will fight all-out in their homeground (minimum target: same with last year achievement--2 titles from MD (Markis/Hendra) and XD (Nova/Lily). Hopefully Sony and Simon will perform their best in Surabaya!
    WIth the absence of Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun and the top Denmark pairs, the only pairs that could match Indo's pairs are CCM/KKK and CTF/LWW. I hope Markis/Hendra will be able to retain their title.

    As for Nova/Butet, unless the top 4 pairs are there (Zhang Jun/Gao Ling, Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen, Nathan Robertson/Gail Emms, or Lee Jae Jin/Lee Kyung Won), otherwise, they will once again win with ease.

    The focus will be on the progress of INA's young and upcoming players:
    MS -- Tommy Sugiarto, Alamsyah Yunus, Andre Kurniawan, Faudzi Adnan
    WS -- Pia Zebadiah
    MD -- Hendra Gunawan/Joko Riyadi, Yoga Ugikasah/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki, Rendra Wijaya/Frans Kurniawan, Bona Septano/Mohd Aksan
    WD -- Nitya Krishinda/Nadya Melati, Purwati/Meiliana Jauhari
    XD -- Lingga/Yulianti, Bona Septano/Pia Zebadiah

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S'ngor, Malaysia
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist
    my matches i'm looking forward :
    4. kido/hendra vs ckk/kkk
    it's CCM (Chan Chong Ming), not ckk

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My prediction :

    1. BAO/LCW for the Singles title
    2. CTF/LWW for the Doubles title

    Sorry, if the above offends you.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball
    My prediction :

    1. BAO/LCW for the Singles title
    2. CTF/LWW for the Doubles title

    Sorry, if the above offends you.

    YOu guys seem to have forgotten about or 2000 Olympic gold medalists, Tony Gunawan & Candra Wijaya. If these two are still in shape, I believe they are unstoppable together.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If i'm not mistaken,CTF & LWW will not compete in IO. There will only be Fairuzizuan-Woon Fui and Gan Teik Chai-Mohd Zakry Latif, for the doubles that is.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,674
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erin_hakkinen
    If i'm not mistaken,CTF & LWW will not compete in IO. There will only be Fairuzizuan-Woon Fui and Gan Teik Chai-Mohd Zakry Latif, for the doubles that is.
    MD title will go to ina pairs

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist
    MD title will go to ina pairs
    You wish

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    1,136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LYB was very smooth by sending 3 WS who failed to made it into Uber Cup squad. Its probably like a consolation prize for this 3 girls.

    I just hoping Indonesia send all of their WS and WD players. It will be pretty ironic if PBSI pulled the "we are so poor and don't have enough money to send players" scam again.

    And yes, I know it will be play in Surabaya, Indonesia.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Indonesian or Chinese Style Smashing - need help deciding
    By blackvictor in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 9
    : 04-13-2010, 09:33 AM
  2. Indonesian Players - English/Chinese Names
    By EastDevil in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 61
    : 04-30-2007, 05:38 AM
  3. MALAYSIA OPEN - Malaysians looks for 2 titles
    By yannie in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007
    Replies: 0
    : 01-20-2007, 11:35 AM
  4. Malaysians rule at Swiss Open
    By ants in forum Swiss Open 2006 / German Open 2006
    Replies: 2
    : 01-09-2006, 10:31 AM
  5. To Indonesian Chinese People
    By Byro-Nenium in forum General Forum
    Replies: 12
    : 05-22-2001, 12:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •