Fake Nanospeed 7000?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Randino, May 7, 2006.

1. Randino

Randino Regular Member

Hi my friend bought a nanospeed 7000 from thailand and was curious if it was fake or not. I don't own or know anyone who owns a nanospeed 7000, but something about the gold paint seems wrong (very light and bright). No pictures online give a decent glimpse of the racket's paint. Can anyone give me a close up picture of their nanospeed 7000? (just the head where the gold paint is).

2. hahahalol

hahahalol Regular Member

gold paint?..i dont own a ns7000 but i thought the majority of the head is in red..

3. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

its red all the way around, but its got a small band of gold/yellow/pale-bronze thats between the silver of the throat and shaft and the red.

its not very dark if tahts what you're worried about it.
    it sounds about right to me.

how about posting pictures of your friend's racquet?

4. blinan8088

blinan8088 Regular Member

IT Programmer
    I have seen a fake NS8000 before and surely I can tell the difference from the gold part of the frame. The fake one has more goldish or more shiny gold parts.

Maybe you can ask leehsim to check your racket serial number and also don't forget to mention from where you get the racket. :)

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31873

5. Randino

Randino Regular Member

Here is a picture of the frame, im sorry if the quality isn't very good. The reason the gold paint caught my attention was because it looked exactly like the same gold paint used on a fake nanospeed 8000 my other friend bought. My friend who bought this racket doesn't know i suspect his racket is fake, I wanted to make sure first before i told him. His father got it for him from a store in Thailand. Other than the paint, the serial number, the overall look, and other signs that the racket that might be fake aren't apparent.

Attached Files:

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The color looks suspicous to me!

Could you take a picture of the cone area where it saids "YONEX"?

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ask how much he paid for the racket. If something like less than US$30, 99.9999% is a fake. :cool:

8. blinan8088

IT Programmer
    Since you have this NS7000 in your hard, have you tried to play with this racket? I think fake rackets might look 100% exactly like the real ones, but they surely perform better. From my experience, fake rackets are usually very whippy/flexible and they cannot make good sound when hitting shuttlecock. I think you should give it a try. :)

9. Randino

Randino Regular Member

I did play with the racket first hand, and it seemed much lighter than I expected, even though it was 3U. I own a nanospeed 8000 and I expected the two to be a little bit similar in hitting, but it was very opposite. Im curious though, the shaft of the suspected nanospeed 7000 is very thick, i would estimate it to be twice the thickness of my 8000's shaft, is this true? I wish I could take better pictures and even get the serial number down, but my friend is very protective :p.

btw the gold paint on the nanospeed 7000, is it bright gold, with no sparkles like the rest of the racket?

10. blinan8088

IT Programmer
    Oooopsss... after re-reading my post, it could be misleading. The word they refers to real rackets. :)

I really don't think that the shaft for NS7000 is twice bigger than NS8000, but from the picture you took, the shaft looks fine.