Howto train for the new scoring system 3x21?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by baumbaer, May 8, 2006.

1. baumbaer

baumbaer Regular Member

It is through, we have a new scoring system and the training has to be adapted to it. What do you think are the greatest changes or adjustements in daily training. And howto train to achieve maximum performance under the new scoring system.

My first thought is that more time on practicing services has to be spent. The same holds for the return of services.
    Now my question is on what else should we concetrate on and how is it trained best?

Thanks for your answers!

2. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    i would train more on

stamina so that u dont get worn out in a power game.

smashing power and accuracy

net spins

and speed on court to play a power game.

B4 the new system i would play more placement and less smashing so i guess tactics too.

3. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

The physical training is still pretty much the same, trying to excell in basic strength, speed and power, stamina and endurance.

4. robc06

robc06 Regular Member

Editor
    Running is always good for stamina. Foot work drills also helps with your fitness and stamina.

5. Chire

Chire Regular Member

I would and will be doing some high pace training, lifting up your tempo and maintaining it is important as the matches are shorter. Not so much pure stamina needed anymore, I'll concentrate on sharp and quick movements as well as accuracy.

6. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    I've been playing the new system for a while and the first aspect I'd suggest is serve.

We noticed that we didn't high serve much anymore - given that I'm gifted with a rather hard smash, my opponent simply quit high serving to me.

I'd also work more on explosive power as their is now a limited number of rallies played per match.

The last aspect is mental. There is no relaxing with each point. If anything, we've found that menatlly you have to stay more focuessed for a shorter period of time.

You have to forget your mistakes and no let downs when you gain serve.

7. Southern

Southern Regular Member

Icky scoring system! Change is good @_@

ViningWolff is right - but more so in singles. If you go into your singles game with a fast attacking style with a good short serve, you can be far ahead in no time! The era of percentage badminton is gone, I think.

You don't just need to train the shots though. You need to train your mindset now. Singles players don't understand serve variety as well as doubles players, because really a good high serve that hits the baseline 8 out of 10 times will win you the point 8 out of 10 times. The problem is, that the point and the serve is to your opponent as soon as the shuttle is just too long.

Developing the short serve for a singles player is now very important, as is the block return of the short serve, into a corner ideally. The further you can move your opponent towards you, the more the court opens up for you :cool:

8. checkthemc

checkthemc Regular Member

None/Student
    I think pure stamina is far less important now. Speed is the key. Less long distance running and much more sprinting.