Racket Most Resembles the OLD MP77

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by KOTA88, May 8, 2006.

1. KOTA88

KOTA88 Regular Member

I've been trying to find a spare racket that closely resembles the performance/feels of my MP77 (old version) which has been discontinued. The new MP77 with the new color scheme just doesn;t cut it (ie. lacks power). Those who have used both the versions will know what I mean.

I believe the racket should be slightly head heavy with a stiff shaft (as opposed to extra stiff). I have tried MP100, Ti-10 and SOTX Woven 9 but they do not come close even though they are excellent and powerful rackets in their own rights (Therefore I'm selling these off to make fund for my quest).

Wondering if AT700 3U would come close? Appreciate your inputs/comments.

2. blinan8088

blinan8088 Regular Member

IT Programmer
    I haven't tried MP77 yet, but I think if you are looking for a slightly head heavy racket, AT700 is not in that category. AT700 is very head heavy. However, of course the best situation is if you have a chance to try it first before you purchase it. :)

3. PandaLord

PandaLord Regular Member

Student
    Hmm theres and old and new-er MP77 ? How do you tell and whats the difference ? I'm asking this since im a MP77 player as well, i have(or rather had) two. One's color scheme was abit dull, i broke it while pretending to smash..hit the ceiling fan. The one i use now has a bright blue paintjob to it.

Well anyways, i myself am trying to find a racket similar to MP77 to buy just like you, so how about we help each other if we have any info on rackets we tried ? :)

4. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Baddy Fanatic/Addict FULL-TIME!!!
    Hey KOTA88, do u mind a Oval-head racket??? if u dun mind, a Carbonex 30 Muscle will fit yr description of slight head heavy and stiff shaft...with more den adequate power. Link : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13644

But have always tot and heard from alot of pple that MP100 2U version which u are selling shld be the ultimate pounder amongst rackets.... thou i myself have never tried it before....not strong enuff to wield it. :eek:

5. KOTA88

KOTA88 Regular Member

If I remember correctly, new MP77 has some purplish (or is it blueish) color while the old version is greyish. I actually don't mind if it is more headheavy so long as the shaft is not dead stiff. Will most like try out AT700 next.

6. KOTA88

KOTA88 Regular Member

Hi, slacker. Thks for your suggestion but ever since I switched to my 1st iso-matrix racket (MP77), oval racket just doesn't seem to feel right anymore, may be due to the difference in the size of the sweet spot. Also I want something newer (than MP77) as they have better technology and material.

You're right MP100 2U is a boomer, absolutely the most powerful racket I have used, even more than the Ti-10 3U you just bought. The combination of the weight and the extra shaft stiffness is just deadly. Frens would be amazed by your newly "acquired" smashing power :), at the expense of slower overall speed though. Ti-10 smashes feel more "crisp" for lack of a better word to describe, while that of MP100 has booming sound. I'm giving this up now that I go to gym (to pump iron) less often than in the past, plus I want a more balance of power and speed, or should I say I want both:eek: Is there such a racket besides my beloved MP77?