Dangers of wrong shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by DutchRion, May 8, 2006.

1. DutchRion

DutchRion Regular Member

Student
    Hey there everyone, i have a question which has bothered my mind lately after scrolling some threads about it.

What are the effects of Having two small shoes, or to big shoes?

Lately my foot is somewhat more 'sour' (because of the motion of my slightly to big shoe) not really something to worry about right?
    2 weaks earlier after something like 5 hard singles in a row, i got pain just beneath the front of my knee (my sister who also plays badminton seems to describe it as irritated tissue that binds my knee (dont know the medical term or the proper english term, sorry for that). I have the shoes for like 3 months now. the blow when you jump and you land on your foot, is to be absorbed by your shoes, if i have to big shoes, will this effect the blow is such a way that not my shoe but my knee is taking tiny blows from landing each time?

Could there maybe just be an other explanation for my injury something like: you just overplayed, or you made a wrong move?

I have Yonex 99 shoes... and they are still pretty new, so i am not to eager to buy new ones just because of some injury that might not be due to my shoes......i think i just overplayed, but what are the long term difficulties of to large shoes? if there are any? (note that they are not very to big, only a bit).

Please no speculations in this thread, but only people with sufficient experience/understanding in this subject, thank you :)

Greetings,

Rion

2. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    5 hard single in a roll, i'd be supprise if u don't feel some pain one way or the other, i wouldn't worry too much unless u give it some rest and the pain still doesn't go away

3. DutchRion

DutchRion Regular Member

Student
    well, only 2 games were against 1st team players, the rest was pretty easy BTW..... so i hit the wall two times :S..... but i tend to push myself to the limit, as i have done always, thats how i am, i always go for it and i always want to play, because i just love a good piece of workout and especially badminton :D

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    A good rule of thumb for selecting court shoes size would be to get a 1/2 size bigger than your regular size. As we move around the court, our feet size will increase temporarily. That 1/2 size differential is to take account of that increase. If it's too tight, you're gonna hurt your feet. Too loose, your shoes will wear out faster and not to mention tripping and hurting yourself in the process:p.

5. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    yap, its fun taking off your socks realizing yr toe nail pop rite out with it

6. DutchRion

DutchRion Regular Member

Student
    wahahaha yup, indeed

7. nickspeed9900

nickspeed9900 Regular Member

RJCAF
    Wrong Footwork

hi, there are several issues that can led to injury. From my perspectives, your injury and 'sour' sound like coming from wrong footworks. You check again your footwork next time you play... everytime you lunge, is your landing foot in front or at the back of your knee? Make sure it's in front, otherwise your knees will take the excessive impact and shock = injury. Shoes... Make sure it's not too tight and too loose. Comfort and traction is very important too. Good shoes act like exoskeleton, it supposed to help than to hurt. Keep your eyes on footwork, i don't think it's shoes issue.