How do you grow bigger in width??

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by mrgrape, May 8, 2006.

1. mrgrape

mrgrape New Member

k im kind of buff but skinny. i dont really care about growing in height or muscles. I just want to know how do you grow in width like size???? I eat A LOT and when i say a lot i eat a lot. If I were to eat bowls of rice for a dinner meal id eat 5 bowls of rice with the main meal. When i got to buffets I eat about 12 dishes completely full. But still im kind of skinny and when i eat it only goes in front of my stomach. And I cant grow in width as in size. Im 5'7 and i weigh 120 but i have a skinny buff chest. Let me say when I look sideways my chest is the same size as my nonfat stomach. I guess I have a six pack because im skinnyand looks like it but i weigh 120.....
    So basically i look pretty buff but my upperbody is kind of small if you may say. How would you gain width or size?? ty

2. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

Like you want to get a bigger chest? To increase the size between your pecs and deltoids? Your profile says your 22 so your not growing anymore. Basically unless your juice the only way is to do weights for your upper body.

3. mrgrape

mrgrape New Member

nonono. like How do u grow in size?? not bigger msucles. like how do you gain weight in a good way is maybe what im thinking

4. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

you gain weight by getting bigger in a part of your body.... thats the only way to gain mass, get bigger. Muscle weights more than fat but fat is easier to gain.

5. hahahalol

hahahalol Regular Member

eat,lie down,sleep..lol..i stil dont get wat you are saying?..the only way to grow in width is to grow ur muscles..ohter than that...i guess u can be fat by eating junk food and do the three thing i mentioned in this post...

6. qinglong

qinglong Regular Member

could have been your natural metabolism. My condition is similar to yours; for an Asian, I am tall but lanky and regardless of the amount of food I eat, I stay lanky. Its not easy to change your body profile by mere diet control if you have a naturally high rate of body metabolism. You should see a doctor for this. Its perhaps a more safe and clinical way to achieve a more desired body shape but it is a much slower process. My doctor has prescribed multi-vitamins for a long period of time; I have yet to see any visible result.

Second is your bone mass. Structurally, weak bones cannot withstand a heavy muscle weight (they will fracture under stress) and I believe this could be another factor in you unable to achieve increased body build.

7. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

not gaining muscle or bone mass, in a good way i dont think is possible. only thing thattl give you weight then is fat = not good. your 22 so your bones wont be growing that big ne more, gain more muscle and youll get heavier, muscle weighs more then fat anyways.

8. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

Teach yourself to eat more. Eat on a schedule, not just when you're hungry. Eat extra meals between the usual three. Drink protein shakes between meals.

It takes time and preparation, but it works.

9. dkroft

dkroft Regular Member

student
    on the other hand, you might be an unlucky ectomorph. three body types (maybe this is outdated but it seems true) endomorphs, people who are kind of chubby no matter what (think shaquille o'neal, he's in great shape but still has that kind of gut thing) people who look muscular (mesomorphs) but aren't necessarily, and ectomorphs (people who are really skinny and pretty much stay that way no matter how much they eat. It has to do with how fast your metabolism is; I can't gain weight either. At any rate, I'm just confused as to why you want to gain weight/ get wider etc etc.

10. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    Eat on time, get more than usual sleep, Protein Shakes or bars will be great. :)

11. Bigman

Bigman Regular Member

Student!
    Out of intrest how do you go about reducing the size of your chest?
    I'm 6"1' and 250lbs approx and a bit poofy round the edges.

12. waldo98

waldo98 Regular Member

IT
    I would probably suggest increasing your cardio and maintaining a diet will help you out. I've lost about 15 lbs and reduced my overall body mass, within this year. Try cutting back on the fast food and start eating more healthier :)

13. Zhangjia

Zhangjia Regular Member

Heres ur Macdonalds diet plan for the next month

Breakfast -
    Hashbrowns
    Egg McMuffin
    Bacon Egg McMuffin

Lunch -
    Double Cheeseburger
    McChicken
    Big Mac
    Quarter Pounder

Dinner -
    Same as lunch, x2

Try it out for a month, hopefully you dont die.

14. madman

madman Regular Member

What about tea and supper? I think they are too important to omit for our dear friend who want to grow horizontally sideways unilaterally.....

15. Zhangjia

Zhangjia Regular Member

Dinner and supper are the same thing

and for tea

He can drink a Gallon of Coke.
    and instead of cookies
    he'll have a whole apple pie
    if hes going extreme
    make it meat
    its "meatier"
    ::cool:

16. ManuelUK

ManuelUK Regular Member

Bank

You are joking right?!!!

17. r0adk1ll

r0adk1ll New Member

IT Person
    have you tried taking amino's? As you mentioned, you eat a lot, but as it appears, you eat more carbs than protein.

Try this:

1. High protein shakes to drink after your workouts at the gym.
    2. Take amino pills to boost the protein intake.

5'7" and about 175lbs should be about right, coz if you go close to 200lbs of buff muscles, you'd look massive.

BEEFCAKE!!! Hehehe...

Remember, Arnold Swartzenegger was once a thin man...

18. r0adk1ll

r0adk1ll New Member

IT Person
    Howdy!

You on the other hand need ephedrine-free fat burning pills to complement your workout! :)

19. r0adk1ll

r0adk1ll New Member

IT Person
    This reminds me of the movie "Supersize me!"

20. zoboz

zoboz Regular Member

I guess it depends on a few things:
    1. Your bone/body structure. Some of us have big bones (heavier) and some small (lighter).
    2. Maybe more intake of protein is needed but you have to workout. This is the only way, in my opinion, that you can increase your width. Grow your muscle.
    3. Vitamins

Don't go for the Mc Donald diet. You will prob put on weight but on the tummy side and it will make you look bigger in size but it will be flabby.

But regardless how our body look like, 1 thing important is to keep it healthy and fit. Good luck.