NS series fragile?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tingc222, May 8, 2006.

1. tingc222

tingc222 Regular Member

I was just wondering, for all you nanospeed owners...

I've read in a lot of places that the nanospeed series, especially the 8k and the new 9k, are quite fragile and that is worrying me...

I sometimes play with younger people and they tend to have bad experience, and racket clashes are not uncommon. The clashes are not extreme but still make a good clatter. I was just wondering if the nanospeed series (specifically the 9k) are able to withstand some clashes...

How is their strength compared to, say, an AT800 4U or a Isometric 90VF :confused:

(My old 90VF has been quite durable throughout my beginner years, and the AT800 4U is just for comparison).

2. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

well, a lot of racquets are fragile if you're putting it through frequent clashes, regardless of severity.

lighter racquets, new thinner materials and such will make the situation less in favor for your racquet's survival.

keep the good racquets for "safer" partners. use the older ones, such as your 90vf or more durable racquets like cabs, for more "dangerous" partners.

3. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    I known a guy that broke his ns8k at the 1 o'clock position but I also know a guy that hasn't broke his ns8k for 18months alrd. But not to worry, I strongly believe that the NS9k is much much more solid and tough and reliable in the Durability factor. Not sure about the feel. But I own a NS8k. Hope I don't get into any clashes but the fact is, the frame and the neck area is slightly thinner compared to other rackets due to the slim shaft, it's wind resistance and lighter but on the durability factor. I'm not very bold to recommend the ns8k but the 9k should be reliable in this kinda situation.

I LOVE MY NS8000!! It's just amazing... I love the it's feel very much. Can instantly get use to it and fall in love with it on my first hit. Really different and from other rackets.

Cheers

4. bchaiyow

bchaiyow Regular Member

I have an nsk8 since october 2005 ...i think...almost 10 clashes...no problem so far, just paint chips..lotsa them :crying: ... make sure you get the later batches (2005) if you are getting nsk8

bchaiyow

5. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    yup... Like what my friend stated that the new batch of ns8k are more durable. :D