should i get mp99 or mp100? price

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by yoyomonkey, May 8, 2006.

1. yoyomonkey

yoyomonkey Regular Member

I'm not sure why but the mp100 is cheaper tha mp99 for some reason.

Well, i currently have a mp100, and so far it's still pretty strong. Now i'm thinking of getting another as a backup racket. This because everytime my string broke i have a hard time adjusting back to the mp100 after i use my other racket. Plus i play like 3 times a week.

I'm not sure if i should go for the mp99 or mp100. The mp99 seems to be pretty durable, plus the color is pretty. MP100 has bad reputation of being fragile, maybe yonex first patch always crappy. But since i already have a mp100 maybe i should get another.

So please help me out. Thanks

2. the fujman

the fujman Regular Member

if you like the mp100 then go for it. it's not very good to keep switching rackets as you already know. the mp100 is also cheaper. I find that it's got too slow of a swing for me since I play defensively, but everyone to their own preference.

3. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

if you find it hard switching between racquets then get another mp100.

4. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    I would say u should test out the mp99 first..im pretti sure u will find the mp99 to be a better choice cuz of its great control and all around play..it is definately a good racket if u wanna up ur game..and i dun like the mp100 all tht much cuz itz somewhat slower..thtz cuz i mostly play in quick pase games..but in the end..itz all about preference..=)

5. yoyomonkey

yoyomonkey Regular Member

what do you guys mean "it's slower", like swing speed or manuver?(I usally hold the racket a little higher so my swing radius is smaller for a quick net play) I have never tried a mp99 before. I guess i ask my friend for me to try this wednesday. The reason is because i'm selling my 800df to a friend cause he broke his. (Plus, it's a pain for me switch back and forth between armortec 800 and mp100)

Which one is more durable 99 or 100? i had a chance to hold a mp99 and eventhough the guy own it for a while, there are no paint chips on it. Mean while, my mp100 had paint chip all over the place. May be my bad style... :(

If both rackets were the same price, which one do you get?

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

This is pretty much the reason why I will say MP100. ;)

7. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Mp100

I have used the MP100 for a few years - yes it is a slow swing/manoeuvre racket and I would never use it for doubles, but for singles you don't need too much quick defense - it is about lobs, drops and opportune smashes. I don't have a strong arm, so the head heavy and stiff shaft are good to beef up my smashing power.

I find it is a trade off for doubles - a powerful smashing racket is normally head heavy and a long feel, so slowing down swing time and reaction time. A head light that is good for net shot and defense is great but lacks he offensive advantage.