STRING GAUGE, AND STRING TENSIONS

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Momo, May 17, 2001.

1. Momo

Momo Guest

I play religiously with BG66; however I recently tried out a more durable string in the BG70pro.
    I only string my racquets at roughly 25lbs with the BG66, when I moved up to a higher tension on my BG70 racquet (all cab22), the strings did not sound as tight, nor did they feel as tight.
    My stringer is one of the most consistent stringers around, and knows his stuff as he has strung racquets for well over 30 years!
    Now my question is, does the string gauge, affect the tension/feel of the tension at all? as my BG66, still feel tighter than the BG70 do, even though the BG70 are at a higher tension.

by the way, mostly feather shuttle players use BG66, and it is not recommended for people playing with plastic shuttles.

The BG70pro, has been said by many of my peers to be best for nylon shuttle play, so I decided to put some on, as they are supposedly the most durable of all strings.
    I'm going to take some more time to test out the actual string, but I would like some opinions from others who have experience with both these strings; as this baffles me as to why the string would not feel nor sound as tight as the other racquet.

-Momo

2. Momo

Momo Guest

One more thing.
    Does the BG-85 react the same way compared to the BG80 strings at all?
    If the BG85, are similar in play to the BG66, I will give them a try later. If not, I'll stick with the BG66.

3. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    Do they have Aqua 70 Pro strings!!!?

4. C-Fu

C-Fu Guest

No they do not have Aqua available at all.
    The only bluish colors Yonex manufactures are like, light blue (BG65), Royal Blue (kinda purply in color), Berry Blue (deeper blue), lavender (like a light purple tint).
    As for those BG70pro someone wrote before there's white, black, royal blue, yellow, and a firey red color, not sure what the name is.
    hope that answers you.

5. C-Fu

C-Fu Guest

Through my experience, the lower the guage of the string, the tighter the tension feels... only my experience.