Malaysia 2006 TC Team::Doomed from the Beginning

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by prince_hector, May 9, 2006.

1. prince_hector

prince_hector Regular Member

this team is a disaster to begin with. and it makes me think how lousy the BAM is, even after all this while. by the fact,having 2 grps of players by yap kim hock and misbun sidek is an act of extreme foolishness. in a team event such as thomas cup, team spirit is very important. look at china, denmark, and all others, one flag, one team. dat is why in the semi-finals, kuan bh and hafiz h are the ppl who failed the team and shamed Malaysia. absolutely no fighting spirit at all. shame to BAM entirely.

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    mmm. Well they did meet their goal for semis. And why should BAM be shameful of?

3. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    omg how could you say these things :eek:

i'm in no position to fight for them bcoz i don't know the team that well. but i certainly believe they have HUGE fighting spirit.it just happened that the Danes played better that day.

4. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Yeah they did meet their goal :cool: There's nothing to be ashamed of.

5. prince_hector

malaysian brought the biggest team contigent to japan, their main aim WAS to bring the cup home. this was declared in their main English daily, thestar.com.my. hafiz hashim and kbh was shameful and cannot match the 2nd rate danes. look at how China destroyed them in the final. and dun give silly excuses like wong ch injured. heck, even if lin dan injured, china can still thrash the danes.

6. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    Wow... I mean, how much do you know about the Malaysian team that you can so boldly make such comment about them?

7. prince_hector

josh, it doesn't take a genius to look at thgs that are plainfully obvious! whr got under one flag got so many divisions? it is obvious yap kh hands are tied ! due to misbun's influence in the association, he cannot pick his best team. otherwise, he'll pick lee ts instead of that kbh and hafiz h (a one-off flukish all-england chumpion). and now bcos of that, malaysia had shamed once more.

8. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? I mean, everyone's entitled to her/his opinion and all, but calling the entire finalist team as second rate? Lower ranked, perhaps, but second rate?

9. svp97

svp97 Regular Member

2nd rate Danes?!

:mad:

Please make more sense... soon!

If you have a trick in your hat that can make the Malaysian players beat the best Chinese players so easily I suggest you pull it out now...

10. smash23

smash23 Regular Member

So what if Malaysian brought the biggest team to Japan?

It made Malaysia more shameful only.

The point is whoever won the trophy was champion. Not whoever brought biggest team was champion. That is a waste of money only. See now, it is wasting government money again on those 2nd grade players.

BAM should advise Misbun to retire already as his style of playing was 1980 era. His style of playing was too conversative. It is not suitable for 21 point format.:mad:

11. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Hey mate, the word is conSerVative ;) just letting you know. But I agree with you about Misbun's style.

On another note, let this thread die, obviously the guy is trolling the forum and expects a huge response. CBF entertaning people like that.

12. yling

yling Regular Member

i think the problem lies with the player's skill or fitness etc etc and NOT on the team spirit
    i went to thomas cup QFinal and SFinal,
    and from what i see, malaysia team has the highest team spirit compared to the others
    each time a players play, the other players from other country will sit down quietly and watch the player playing
    i seldom hear any cheering or applause from them
    on the other hand, msian players support, cheers, shout at the player in action
    even the players who will go down the court later cheers for his team mate too
    well, i dunno whether this is good or not as some might says that it waste too much energy but i think this does really give support to the player playing
    indonesian team was queit, denmark team too, they only cheers when a player finally won a game, korea.. i think their players are sleeping there..
    only china and malaysia team players shout and cheers
    so,i dun think team spirit is the reason why we lost

13. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    high expectation always hits malaysia players moral

14. siaowei

siaowei Regular Member

pharmacist
    hi Prince Hector, eh..sorry but I think u r being a bit too negative here. No one wants to lose in a game, not the coaches nor the players, I'm sure the Malaysians have very high team spirit as other countries, but high spirit does not equal to winning u see! There are a lot of factors of losing a game. It's not too late for the Malaysians to start looking at them now! We should give more support to them not being mad at them. May be I'm being a bit naive here, but is winning really that important? Is that the whole point of participating in competitions? I'm sure the team would have gained something meaningful from the competition, may be these are more valuable than the trophy, the fame or even the money!!!

15. smash23

smash23 Regular Member

What is the point if you go to competition not looking for win. If this is the case, why Malaysia have to formed BAM? Just simply go to roadside and have a roadshow. Ask around anyone want to represent Malaysia to Thomas Cup and register on the spot. Don't know how to hold badminton racquet also nevermind. Our aim is to go to Japan to show face only.

Do you think Malaysia's team will start looking at the own mistake or problem.

I don't think so. How many years already since they lost the cup? Did any improvement from BAM? The answer is NO.

They only know how to keep and help Sidek Brothers (they call it genius in Badminton).:mad: :mad:

16. siaowei

siaowei Regular Member

pharmacist
    Hi Smash23, I totally agree with u that everyone looks forward to winning when it comes to competitions.But getting too wrapped up in winning and losing or in how well the team performed will only make you lose sight of other important goals of going to a competition. I am very certain that they will start learning from other people's strengths and correcting their own weaknesses after TC is over and they will for sure, improve for next time. They would have learnt how to stretch between past experiences and future expectations, also to exhibit excellent sportmanship..even to develop stronger friendship, trust between players and coaches-players..etc etc.....I believe that BAM is also there to make Malaysians more aware of the sport- badminton and to attract more participations...not only to win??!!
    So, lighten up Smash23, it's okay....no need to show TWO angry faces...also please stop taunting on the players/coaches, respect our players and thank for their heroic efforts!!!