going to train in china over the summer

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by isojoeUK, May 9, 2006.

1. isojoeUK

isojoeUK Regular Member

hey guys just wanting to share that i am so excited to be accepted by the province of guangzhou to train for just over a month. although i did try to find IBF i have found that i can go to traing with non IBF people which are in the provincal team. i shall let you guys know when i come back from this wonderful chance and oppotunity to improve my badminton to another level.
    have any of you guys been before?

2. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    thats sweet man. im going back to china to train this year too! =D my aunt is a provincal swim teacher and she knows the badminton coach and hooked us up!

3. B3nny H4nn4

B3nny H4nn4 Regular Member

hey,
    I will be going to guangzhou over the summer also...and ive been desperately looking for an intensive training camp only to find nothing...i was wondering if u can give me more informantion about what the training place ur going to...cause im very interested! Thanks alot, i appreciate ur help!

4. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

I was about to go to guang Zhou as well, but I know the program they run there is always very full....and full of imported kids too. I'm going to another province now :p

5. Coolaid

Coolaid Regular Member

Wow, it seems like everyone is going to Guang Zhou-.- Anyhow I'm also going to GZ this summer aswell and I would love to know of a place to go for high intensity training/camp and maybe the prices in CDN dollars. Also anyone know of high reputated badminton racquet/equipment stores in GZ?

6. irnov

irnov Regular Member

guys, how much do you have to pay for this and where do you get the info?

7. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

nice =)so whats so good about guangzhou anyways?

8. isojoeUK

isojoeUK Regular Member

hey guys
    the only way of putting it is that i got into this place via someone knowing the main coach inside. but the problem is that he told me that if someone asks him to go in not every body is allowed in i guess i am lucky. but the price in 45USD a day and the place is called the guangzhou province training camp
    hope this helps

9. Coolaid

Coolaid Regular Member

Oh, how many hours is it ruffly? and to re-ask my question...anyone know of high reputated badminton racquet/equipment stores in GZ?

10. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    im goin to a city called huibei, wuhan city. the coach who trained gao ling will be training me over the summer at the provincal training centre. :) so excited, cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

Wow. I'm guessing all you guys play on the national circuit in Canada? Anyone else going to U23 nationals in montreal next week?

12. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    If you like spicy food, Wuhan get quite a variety. Remember washroom is not what you expect in the western sense, unless you live in a 5 Star hotel :D. Have you had your Hep A & B shots yet?

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, talking about spicy food, Hubei is nowhere near Hunan or Sichuan. :p

14. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Sichuan and Hunan restaurants are widely available in Wuhan :D.

15. BostonU

BostonU Regular Member

i know badminton pros who charge 100RMB/HR in guangzhou, and i also have an apt there. i went have some trainings with the GUANGZHOU TEAM at the city sports academy last summer and the IBF imported camp was only 1 court next to me, that camp was very slow and boring with more than 30 players but only one coach, not worth it cuz the training never gets individualized. its just a quick way to earn $$ for the academy.

16. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    100 RMB isn't that bad ... it's around $15 Canadian Dollars /Hour ... a lot of clubs in Canada charge that much already ... o_0

There's this Yonex store inside Tian He Sports Centre that's pretty good. The stuff there is relatively cheap and they don't sell fakes either.

17. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

Hello all, I've been accepted into the Guangdong provincial training centre too, but it's rather far for me so I don't know if I am going there or another place in guangzhou. Hopefully I will be able to see you all :D.

18. tinkerbella122

Student
    Wow, awesome!! ... I already went last year so there's no way I can afford going again this year :(. I'm planning to work two part time jobs so I can get enough money to go next summer ... it really sucks since I use to live just 15 min walk away from the training centre ( my grandfather lives 10 min away) and my aunt lives right across from it. When I went to China last year, it was basically for shopping and meeting family and such. I really want to go there sometime solely for badminton purposes.

Anyways, hope you guys will have a good time there! And check out this new mall beside Tian He Chen. It's huge and it's supposedly one of the largest mall in China! Omg... I miss shopping so much <3 :p

19. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

Umm...quick question, what is the training like in the heat? How hot does it get?

20. tinkerbella122

Student
    This couple of days in the GTA had been really hot! (32 degrees celsius and around 40-ish with the humidity). Well, GuangZhou is definitely hotter! This is like their regular temperature :( . When I went there last year, it got as high as 39.5 degrees celsius ... and plus the humidity... :eek: , it was unbelievably hot and sticky [​IMG] I had to shower like at least twice a day, or maybe more! I am not too sure about what's it like training though... hopefully you will have air conditioning. The heat is not that bad once you get use to it though... I just hate the fact that the warm weather always makes you sweat... it's so sticky and... gross :(