User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 30
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jamtland, Sweden
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Light but multifaceted for beginners?

    I want to buy an orderly racket that's very light but still rather good at control and so on. Not to expensive, still I want quality.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    143
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default light racket.

    Karakal any model number range from 70-85 is super light.
    they are not expensive.
    their model number = weight e.g. 70=70g

    http://www.karakal.com/products/badm...tml?cat=Racket
    all 2006 models are nano graphite now.
    i m using their older models with the short shaft, oval shape.
    i donno pricing, but for sure cheaper than YYs.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jamtland, Sweden
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What about Yonex Isometric 75 MFLT? The thing is that I live in Sweden, and the range isn't that big here.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The MP30 could be a decent investment.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    Karakal any model number range from 70-85 is super light.
    they are not expensive.
    their model number = weight e.g. 70=70g

    http://www.karakal.com/products/badm...tml?cat=Racket
    all 2006 models are nano graphite now.
    i m using their older models with the short shaft, oval shape.
    i donno pricing, but for sure cheaper than YYs.
    Wow... , Karakal has a 70g racket? I've got to get me one of those.
    Where can I buy one? any links or shops?

    My 77g racket is fast, but with a 70g...super defense.

    Anyone got any pics of what the racket looks like?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London area, UK
    Posts
    3,929
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viper2005
    My 77g racket is fast, but with a 70g...super defense.
    Not necessarily. I played with this racket for a year; although its lightness made it maneuverable, its head-heavy balance slowed it down.

    It's far less maneuverable than my At-800 DE, for example, despite being 10 grams+ lighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viper2005
    Anyone got any pics of what the racket looks like?
    http://www.karakal.com/products/popu...&colour=0000FF

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum
    Not necessarily. I played with this racket for a year; although its lightness made it maneuverable, its head-heavy balance slowed it down.

    It's far less maneuverable than my At-800 DE, for example, despite being 10 grams+ lighter.



    http://www.karakal.com/products/popu...&colour=0000FF
    I clicked on your link and my explorer just shuts down! Does the site have a virus or worm? I got to see the picture for a few seconds, Orange color and oval head. It has the weight at 70-75g.

    My current racket is 73-77g, so actually 2g difference at the high end.
    If they can make it 66g-70g, that would be truely light. Still worth a look.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    143
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viper2005
    I clicked on your link and my explorer just shuts down! Does the site have a virus or worm? I got to see the picture for a few seconds, Orange color and oval head. It has the weight at 70-75g.

    My current racket is 73-77g, so actually 2g difference at the high end.
    If they can make it 66g-70g, that would be truely light. Still worth a look.
    i have 2 x discontinued SL-TI80 short shaft/oval, even balance. 80g. mid flex very durable. breaks several other players rackets but not mine , sorry guys. accidents happens.
    owned and sold my TI-75 short shaft/oval, even balance. 75g. very stiff and thick shaft. very durable as well.

    seems like u r a fan of kason. what kason model do u recommend that has the following spec: 3U=85g or less, even balance, stiff and long shaft, iso head, muscle power frame preferred.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    i have 2 x discontinued SL-TI80 short shaft/oval, even balance. 80g. mid flex very durable. breaks several other players rackets but not mine , sorry guys. accidents happens.
    owned and sold my TI-75 short shaft/oval, even balance. 75g. very stiff and thick shaft. very durable as well.

    seems like u r a fan of kason. what kason model do u recommend that has the following spec: 3U=85g or less, even balance, stiff and long shaft, iso head, muscle power frame preferred.
    I have a Kason TSF 100 Ti, it's 3U, 85g, very similiar to the Yonex Ti-10.
    Also has the muscle power frame. I use it in tournaments mostly.

    For the stiff shaft, I have the Kason TSF 200. Rarely have the chance to use it. Only if I get to play against someone like Howard Bach.

    The regular racket or all around racket is the Kason Carvel U3, ultra-light, 77g, medium flex. Plays very will with my speed and control.

    I'm an advanced player so, smashing at beginners and intermediate players is a no-no, so I use light rackets to practice control & defense.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You could always give the Black Knight Superlight line a try as well, lots of players at my club uses them, they're 75 grams.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wasdy
    You could always give the Black Knight Superlight line a try as well, lots of players at my club uses them, they're 75 grams.
    Is that racket a square-iso type head or oval head?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by birgit
    What about Yonex Isometric 75 MFLT? The thing is that I live in Sweden, and the range isn't that big here.
    I bought the ISO75MFLT but found it a little heavy headed so exchanged for Cab8600. Both are 3U but the 8600 is more agile with decent power. It is pretty durable too.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Check the official black knight website, www.blackknight.ca There are 3 racquets in the superlight series. 1 that's oval and long, 1 that has all of their technology, Vibraplate technology + Power Channel, and the other has only Power channel. Their stiffness differs also i believe between the last 2.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    856
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Beginners lack power. A light racket will give them less power. Less power will keep them as beginners for years to come.

    Best thing to do is get a heavier racket with even balance and low string tension. Then you can hit the shuttle to the baseline of your beginner opponent, and he will have no way of returning it back to you without collapsing into a heap of heavy breathing mass. With the power sorted out, you can then improve other areas of your game while your beginner opponent stay a beginner and wondering why he can't imrpove as much as you can, and resign to the fact that just as the experts have told him, his technique is bad.
    Last edited by CoolDoo6; 05-13-2006 at 10:21 AM.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London area, UK
    Posts
    3,929
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viper2005
    I clicked on your link and my explorer just shuts down! Does the site have a virus or worm? I got to see the picture for a few seconds, Orange color and oval head. It has the weight at 70-75g.
    It's a pop-up window, so I guess your browser killed it.

    Either disable your pop-up blocker or navigate the site yourself: www.karakal.com

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London area, UK
    Posts
    3,929
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDoo6
    With the power sorted out, you can then improve other areas of your game while your beginner opponent stay a beginner and wondering why he can't imrpove as much as you can, and resign to the fact that just as the experts have told him, his technique is bad.
    I await the sh*tstorm that typically occurs when someone suggests equipment can substitute for good technique

    Although no racket will allow you to overcome bad technique, a beginner using a very light racket will probably be at a disadvantage for the reason that CoolDoo6 describes. It will be better for him to use a heavier racket (say, 90-100g).

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    856
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Karakal SL70 is definitely not light in the normal sense. It feels a lot heavier than my Ti-10's. If you are looking for a fast swinging racket, SL70 is not it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Soft flex + Light weight + head light = Poor smash? Not for guys?
    By bmtfreak123 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 7
    : 04-01-2012, 07:55 AM
  2. carbonex 8600 light, AT 300, carbonex 8000 light, MP23, MP25, MP28, MP30, MP44
    By bwchaos in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 9
    : 08-28-2007, 10:49 AM
  3. Iso 665 Light, Iso 75MF Light,or Cab 8600Ti
    By iWayx3 in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 1
    : 03-26-2007, 05:35 AM
  4. Isometric 60 MF light vs. Carbonex 8000 light
    By hnvn123 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 3
    : 10-28-2006, 01:40 PM
  5. What's type stiff, light, not long and head light
    By talktojeng in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 20
    : 08-02-2003, 11:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •