My jumpsmash technique

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Akirika, May 10, 2006.

1. Akirika

Akirika Regular Member

2. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

i didnt see the ball/bird =(

3. KOTA88

KOTA88 Regular Member

Hi I think the timing of the hit is too late. Your feets already landed prior to hitting the shuttle, therefore the momentum and thrust of the body plus gravity is not transfered, making it even less effective than a standing smash. If not mistaken, this particular shot hit the net? Try jumping higher and hit it while just on the way down.

4. Akirika

Akirika Regular Member

youtube reduced the quality of the video by alot. the white shuttle plus my white strings make it hard to locate the shuttle at the point of impact. i actually one-shot killed that ralley, but we werent playing seriously...just fooling around

5. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

hehe mabye u could try taping it for a couple of shots 3 far?3 close,3 closer,and stuff.

6. Isometric_kid

Isometric_kid Regular Member

Student
    YOUR AWESOME lol thats how i jump smash sorta

7. xkenji

xkenji Regular Member

it didnt look like you got alot of air, and yea youtube killed the bird, couldnt see the angle of the shot after you hit it or where you hit it. But the good thing is you managed to pull it off and it was pretty quick/fast?

8. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    WAY too late, and it looked as if u did a clear rather than a smash. u gotta jump higher and contact shuttle earlier.

9. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    your jumping way to late and your not getting enough height. it seems like you contact the birdie exactly when you hit the ground, therefore there will be no angle on your shot which defeats the purpose of a smash. try to get right underneth the birdie. you should be able to plant your feet and then go for the jump smash. also, arch you back as much as possible, it gives you more power.

i hope that helped

10. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
  11. nelsonkong

nelsonkong Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    i think the timing of the jump is a lil too early...you kinda hit the ball while you are kinda falling back to the ground...Try jumping higher and hit it while just on the way down...and the timing..jump later..you are jumping too early..

12. chopstickZ

chopstickZ Regular Member

13. Chire

Chire Regular Member

Hm I agree you should jump a lot higher. In addition to that, don't jump backwards, it reduces the power quite a lot. Also try to execute the bending part better, like use your abs as well and then staighten your legs.

Anyway, this topic was a good idea, I think I'll record my jump smash as well and let you guys help me improve it as well.

14. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

The jump is not adding anything to your stroke, since you appear to hit as you are landing, not while you are in the air.

More importantly, you are hardly turning your body at all during the smash. You land with your right leg behind; you should turn your body and land with your left leg behind instead. You also allow your torso to collapse forwards as you hit, instead of remaining upright and balanced. This makes recovery more difficult and also reduces the quality of your smash.

Forget about jump smashing for a while, and concentrate on a good basic smash.

15. AKFT

AKFT Regular Member

THIS is a jumpsmash: Gunawan at Boston Open 2003: Sorry, I tried to put a video of a Gunawan jumpsmash but not succeeding. Can anyone tell me what format I can post it in? :crying:

#15 AKFT, May 11, 2006
    Last edited: May 11, 2006
  16. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

Definately way too late, you are also jumping backward. BTW you can see me in that vid :D I'm middle court ;)

17. Isometric_kid

Isometric_kid Regular Member

Student
    i kinda jump smash like that but i step back than i jump forward it very affective give it a try

18. DietCokeMan

DietCokeMan Regular Member

Forget about tat jumping smash. You should learn how to smash properly first. Also, do a lot of skipping as it can help you later.

19. bufung

bufung Regular Member

recently play a bit agressive.. do quite a bit of jump smash.. I can feel my jump smash only good when I have very good energy level that day.. and also have very good "feel/form" that day..

hmm.. when I jump and during smash time.. I tend to "forget" about my bottom part of my leg.. I concentric all my energy to upper part of body..
    so. just let my leg "fly" freely like that.. :p

there is a problems.. I found my right leg always come down first.. and the impact that I jump/smash/touch ground are too hard.. till I hurt my ankle n knee recently..

help help.. wat can I do??