Mp99/ns9000s/x/at800-off/ns8000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tingc222, May 10, 2006.

1. tingc222

tingc222 Regular Member

Can anyone rate these top rackets in the following categories, numbered 1-5, where 1 is the best and 5 is the worst (in reference to each other, regardless of price)? I want to see how these top of the line rackets perform and compare, and thus help me find a racket...

Power

Control

Speed

Feel

User friendliness (which suits more of the general public)

Durability

Overall

I am a intermediate player and improving fast, and in search of a good racket that will last me through to the more advanced stages. I have been recommended the NS9000S and the MP99 due to their user friendliness, but I just want to do a study and see if I am missing anything in the other good rackets. I am doing this mainly because the local store is out of NS9000S and it will take another few weeks for the new batch to come in, and I want to see if there are alternatives.

2. h220wnzj00

h220wnzj00 Regular Member

Well, the MP99 is probably the most well rounded racket on that list and also the cheapest. Personally I would go with it. I have one and I love all aspects of it.

3. Lin Dan-Fan

Lin Dan-Fan Regular Member

I've used the armortec 800 of and currently using the mp 99. The armortec 800 had great power, i dont know about control because i wasnt that good when i played with it. The racket was also very fast being 4u, i think theres a problem with durability since i broke mine and seen others as well. The mp-99 is also a great racket, the power is there and control is great. The mp-99 is better all around racket then the AT-800 but it's kinda hard to get use to.

4. tk009

tk009 Regular Member

Supposedly at uni studying
    ns8000
    Power- 4
    Control- 5
    Speed-5
    Feel-3
    User friendliness-3
    Durability-5 (have yet to break either of mine 18 months old)
    Overall- 4
    Comments: Good racquet if you know how to hit, and once you have gotten used to it. Otherwise its a big waste of money they cost alot!

ns9000 type X
    Power- 4.5
    Control- 5
    Speed-5
    Feel-3.5
    User friendliness-3.5
    Durability- no idea
    Overall- 4+
    Comment: Dont own one Ive tried it. Very similar to my 8000's packs a bit more punch so it is better for smashing and clearing. Probably more user friendly since I got used to it very quickly but that could be that I own 2 ns8000's. Once again I dont suggest buying such a exspensive racquet for a intermediate player but this racquet can generate a fair bit of power if you like to smash and clear lots.

#4 tk009, May 12, 2006
    Last edited: May 12, 2006
  5. blinan8088

blinan8088 Regular Member

IT Programmer
    tingc222's rate is 1 being the best and 5 being the worst. So, I think you must "reverse" tk009's rate when reading it. :D

6. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Ok, there are the correct scores on the desired scale.

7. tingc222

tingc222 Regular Member

haha thanks. This really helps :)

8. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    I find the NS8000 is the best racket I ever played with in my life. The feel is just awesome, then again I haven't tried the NS9000 yet so I don't dare say it's better than the NS9000.

Then again I find I got use to the NS8000 instantly and fell in love with it on my first hit. "I never felt like that before" I thought to myself after executing a high singles baseline serve. Really an amazing racket to have. To me, it's very user friendly. And I rate myself an intermediate player. :)

9. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    i've tried the ns8000 for a few clears and a jump smash. the sound it made on the smash was very nice XD. the speed and power was krazee too. however, it overthrew my wrist by a little bit....and so did the other nanos. ns9000-S i've felt on the swing before and it was rly nice. gonna get this racket on friday cuz i loved it so much XD