How Long Do Strings Last?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Byro-Nenium, May 19, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I've been using my Slim 10 for a while with intensive and aggressive play now and its been strung ever since i got it with a BG-65 at 21lbs. The strings are the same as the ones on my Winex T-3. And the Winex T-3 seems to be much more powerful. But i've used my Slim 10 much longer.

Are my Slim 10 strings getting worn out or is the Winex T-3 just better? I'm confused.......

Should i change the string? Btw, i've used almost all the Yonex strings and quite alot of others too. Which Yonex string do you people reckon is the best?

thanx for all replies.....

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

BG 65 has a tendency not to maintain tension for long even though it has good life.

When did u string the winex t-3? If it was not too long ago then i think it would be very fair to string your Slim 10 and then compare.

Does the string show you wear and tear. Then i think u might change them.

Personally i feel that for punch play u should choose Bg85 or 80

Though their life is bad.

i hope this helps

3. Derek

Derek Guest

I personally replace strings once they start to fray, which is about every month to two months, I use Yonex BG-80 and 85, I don't use plastic birds so these strings give me really good feel with feathers.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Byro,

When I talked to a badminton rep from a sport store where I go to, he saids that the strings should be changed about two times a year at least if you play regularly. You may have to change maybe a bit more or less depening on how much you play.