User Tag List

Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Taufik Hidayat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    Reality is, Taufik's level of competition now is probably around PG, NTM, Boonsak, SS, Simon's level...it's time for him to visit the North American continent to win his first ever Canada Open GP and defend his U.S. Open title>>those are where he truly belongs..

Speaking of LD, you guys probably don't know that he's older than both TH and LCW, do you??..
    If that is true, hypothetically let's assume it is true, so you are saying LD is much more fit: physically, mentally and technically superior to TH and LCW despite his advance years?

I doubt TH thinks that he is at PG's level now, how hard could it be for him not to let go and pursue the matches he can actually win and defend if he thinks so?

RvS
    Last edited by RSLvictorSOTX; 06-28-2010 at 04:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TH is at PG's level meaning, once he meets the likes of LCW, LD or even BCL or CJ, the chances of him winning goes tremendously down..that's the reality..when was the last time Taufik beat any of those 4 players??..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TH is at PG's level meaning, once he meets the likes of LCW, LD or even BCL or CJ, the chances of him winning goes tremendously down..that's the reality..when was the last time Taufik beat any of those 4 players??..
    Before the end of this year he'll outdraw anyone of them. How did you know about LD being older (like the gymnast girls upping their age? what good is it in baddy terms)? Older by how much? Like Pete's years?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    Before the end of this year he'll outdraw anyone of them. How did you know about LD being older (like the gymnast girls upping their age? what good is it in baddy terms)? Older by how much? Like Pete's years?
    Outdraw anyone of them??..meaning??..

Off topic:
    Abt LD's age, through another person who is close with one of the CHN team's members..Not as old as Gade..Think abt it, too, XXF is almost 30, i don't think LD is younger than her..
    Think abt age advantage for Junior tournaments...Last yr's WJC, there was some mention abt CHN Juniors looking a bit older than the other competitors. This yr's WJC, i was there, and i also noticed a few of their players look (facial & physically) a bit older than the other junior players..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like gunslinging, TH with his wits and experience coupled with conditioning (if LD can so can TH, physically at least.) will get them if he motivates himself (mentally) that this is going to be the year of the (LAST) REAL THING.

Now that you said it, it kind of make total sense b'cos in the case of girl gymnasts, younger is indeed an advantage.

Even so, being an age-group champion or juniors champion is not bigger than grown-ups champions, right? Does it mean, older is not necessarily better except in collecting all the junior titles? Hypothetically if I were a pro, I'd rather collect multiple pro AE, OG, WCs than be number one junior with all the junior titles to boot, no?
    Last edited by RSLvictorSOTX; 06-28-2010 at 04:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question unbelievable !!!!

Speaking of LD, you guys probably don't know that he's older than both TH and LCW, do you??..

Abt LD's age, through another person who is close with one of the CHN team's members..Not as old as Gade..Think abt it, too, XXF is almost 30, i don't think LD is younger than her..
    Think abt age advantage for Junior tournaments...Last yr's WJC, there was some mention abt CHN Juniors looking a bit older than the other competitors. This yr's WJC, i was there, and i also noticed a few of their players look (facial & physically) a bit older than the other junior players..
    though this is off topic i can't help asking...

am i seeing correctly?

ld is over 30 yrs old? because you think/guess so and because xxf is almost 30?

other than your presumption the only source of info comes from an unknown person who is close with one of the chn team's member?

any member has more info?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean older than Taufik's official age (29)? A few INA BCers have posted before that Taufik's supposed to be 2 yrs older than his official age
    XXF (29) is 2 yrs older than LD, or rather LD's official age, if your source says LD is older than 27.
    LCW is 28 this year, PG will be 34
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 06-28-2010 at 06:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.. I thought XXF is one year older than LD which will not make her 30 yet... Almost, but not quite.

Back to Taufik, he played brilliant badminton last evening in Game 1. Just didn't have enough stamina after the punishing 19-18 point to take the set. Taufik managed quite a feat moving LCW off balance and putting quite a few stings. Game 2 is a Taufik's out of steam. He was playing risky and pushing the shots far outside his comfort zone.

Personally, I think that Taufik is still in same league as PG, BCL and CJ and a cut above the rest. Of course, LCW and LD are leagues ahead.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    the thing is:taufik is not the ONLY one who are older than his official age

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is all that nonsenses about peolpe lied about their ages! I'm sure none of you have any proof. and what was the purpose of that, so that one can enter junior t'ment to play with kiddies?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah
    i recall when people mention taufik is older than his official age
    his fans cant accept it
    when people mention fu hai feng have a son
    his fans cant accept it
    when people mention lin dan is older than taufik
    let wait and see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His record is definitely not easy to emulate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is the truth ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Hang in there

TH came in the tourney with a game plan well rehearsed (in his head), he executed and mix his shots superbly...ultimately however, he didn't had a plan on how to outlasts LCW.

I hope he will stick around till OG 2012 and bag at least another AE, WC and OG! His game will not evaporate in an instant and he won't fade away to oblivion just yet if he gets back to the drawing board and draw revamp game to suit his current game/mind set.!

Most elite-flight players might not fear him anymore but he sure will be an obstacle to anyone along the way, everytime... ...and on a good day, in his day, he'll crush the opposition and prove that he is capable of finishing an entire Championships with enough left in the tank for celebrations!
    Last edited by RSLvictorSOTX; 06-28-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    what is all that nonsenses about peolpe lied about their ages! I'm sure none of you have any proof. and what was the purpose of that, so that one can enter junior t'ment to play with kiddies?
    just wait for ctjcad to clarify

maybe somebody is pulling his legs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TH came in the tourney with a game plan well rehearsed (in his head), he executed and mix his shots superbly...ultimately however, he didn't had a plan on how to outlasts LCW.

I hope he will stick around till OG 2012 and bag at least another AE, WC and OG! His game will not evaporate in an instant and he won't fade away to oblivion just yet if he gets back to the drawing board and draw revamp game to suit his current game/mind set.!

Most elite-flight players might not fear him anymore but he sure will be an obstacle to anyone along the way, everytime... ...and on a good day, in his day, he'll crush the opposition and prove that he is capable of finishing an entire Championships with enough left in the tank for celebrations!
    yes taufik should stay on as he still have a good chance

he can still beat simon which isn't easy at all

maybe he should concentrate more onto his training

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like gunslinging, TH with his wits and experience coupled with conditioning (if LD can so can TH, physically at least.) will get them if he motivates himself (mentally) that this is going to be the year of the (LAST) REAL THING.
    ..the way i see it, realistically, unless Taufik dedicates the rest of the yr off to 110% training, i don't see it happening. What with him having to take care of 2 kids now. He probably will win the upcoming Canada Open & U.S. Open GP, but in bigger tournaments with better competitors, it'll be a big challenge for him. Right now, he is cruising and basically enjoying the last remaining yrs of his career as well as to promote to sport worldwide.
    Motivation to compete is there, but without the proper training & the body...

Btw, TH is the only 4 heavenly baddy kings who hasn't won a single SS. What does that tell us??..

Off topic:
    For the Junior baddy tourneys, of course "older" kids would have a slight advantage..
    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post

though this is off topic i can't help asking...

am i seeing correctly?

ld is over 30 yrs old? because you think/guess so and because xxf is almost 30?

other than your presumption the only source of info comes from an unknown person who is close with one of the chn team's member?

any member has more info?
    ..my man, you don't have to believe what i wrote. It's your choice. You can say my legs are being pulled, that's fine and dandy with me. And no, i'm not guessing or think.
    Yes, that member who told me is a BCer, still active, though only logs in every so often. That member is also a big fan of one of the recently retired CHN players. Yes, i've met & chatted with that member, in person, and have seen actual pics of that member attending one of the private events of the player.
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    You mean older than Taufik's official age (29)? A few INA BCers have posted before that Taufik's supposed to be 2 yrs older than his official age
    XXF (29) is 2 yrs older than LD, or rather LD's official age, if your source says LD is older than 27.
    LCW is 28 this year, PG will be 34
    ..Taufik could be older, i don't really care. But all i know is LD is older than his actual age.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    ..you don't believe in age cheating? The CHN gymnast who got busted for age cheating didn't convince you?..it's unfortunate but reality is, it happens everywhere (not just in CHN)..
    I mentioned it because someone brought up the comparison between the 4 heavenly badminton kings and their age in comparison to another.

*Enough comments from me on LD's actual age.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-28-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 69 ... LastLast