User Tag List

Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Taufik Hidayat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    yes th won't give up for another biggie thats why we all still see him around

if he keeps trying and improve on himself he still has a chance

we can't say he got no chance because lcw, ld, bcl or cj are around

saying that would, for one example would be insulting lyb

why send bcl or cj to any biggie when ld is playing, why......?

that was just one example...

everybody is there to compete

only their chances could be different

if it happens, it happens
    Absolutely, that is the spirit of competition! Being mindful of the opponents but not to the extent of being fearful of who they will meet.

Agree very much with the point regarding: why send BCL & CJ while LD is playing?...because it serves its purpose most of the time but not all the time!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BCL & CJ got sent and they still won several SS titles..
    LCW, LD & PG has several SS titles (all have the AE title in the back pocket)..
    Taufik?? supposedly one of the 4 Heavenly MS Kings, how many SS titles does he have in his back pocket??..
    Even Simon freakin'-Santoso has a SS title in his back pocket!..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what we are saying here even when the chances are not that high taufik should still participate

in fact taufik should play more this year especially china team is concentrating on certain tournaments only

accept for lcw whom taufik still has problem

without lcw present and top china players, other players i think also in taufik's back pocket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every player has his ups and downs, it just happens that TH is still struggling with his form. Although PG, BCL, LCW, SDK and CJ(you can add in Simon Santoso if you want to) are performing better than TH recently, they have yet to win the WC and OG.

If TH works hard enough, I think he is going win a super series title sooner or later. Anyway, I though super series are just tournaments which are so insignificant that Chinese players(especially the one, you know who he is...) don't wanna participate in? So what's the big deal if TH hasn't able to win a small tournament title like this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- How many yrs have we all waited and waited to see if Taufik can break from his struggling form and win another biggie (AE, WC or OG)?
    - Taufik is considered one of the 4 Heavenly MS Kings in the current baddy history. Not being able to even win 1 SS title, esp. after the other 3 Heavenly MS Kings already secured 1, really speaks a lot of the level he is in. I'll just add another name in the mix of who has won a SS title: Boonsak Ponsana.
    - As for winning the OG, sorry, it doesn't happen often. At least not like the SS where it happens almost 12 times a yr. Thus it's considered difficult.
    - WC can also be considered one of the rare big tourneys. If not for it being held annually, then we would probably see different winners every time. Thus i consider it as quite difficult.
    - If the SS tourneys are considered a small tournament, then why can't Taufik win it (he's had more than 3+ yrs to win it)? Or is he waiting to be in the right situation without the presence of LD, LCW, CJ & BCL and maybe PG to finally win it?

Back to the discussion on Taufik chances of winning another big one (AE, WC or OG) and a SS title.
    No one is questioning he should participate in as many tourneys. The question is whether he can win a SS title or one of the big ones.
    Think about this, what are the chances of LD, LCW, CJ, BCL, PG missing out on those big tourneys? If knowing their chances of missing them are slim and none, then what chances does Taufik have in winning any of them again?..thus i mentioned, he most likely will not win another biggie (consider also his age and his hectic schedule as a family man, the focus won't be there)..
    As for Taufik's chances winning another SS, imo, he has a bit of chance, knowing some of those names will be absent from time to time. Yes, most likely he has to pick and choose whether any of those players will compete in a SS or not..
    *i recall, there were a couple or so chances where Taufik could've played in a SS without any of those players participating, but he didn't play..

That's why i mentioned, in order for Taufik to win a SS or any of the biggies, LD, LCW, CJ, BCL and maybe PG will have to be absent or all to be completely eliminated before he faces any of them...and what are the chances of that happening??..
    And if that chance were to arise, will Taufik take advantage??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-04-2010 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    - How many yrs have we all waited and waited to see if Taufik can break from his struggling form and win another biggie (AE, WC or OG)?
    - Taufik is considered one of the 4 Heavenly MS Kings in the current baddy history. Not being able to even win 1 SS title, esp. after the other 3 Heavenly MS Kings already secured 1, really speaks a lot of the level he is in. I'll just add another name in the mix of who has won a SS title: Boonsak Ponsana.
    - As for winning the OG, sorry, it doesn't happen often. At least not like the SS where it happens almost 12 times a yr. Thus it's considered difficult.
    - WC can also be considered one of the rare big tourneys. If not for it being held annually, then we would probably see different winners every time. Thus i consider it as quite difficult.
    - If the SS tourneys are considered a small tournament, then why can't Taufik win it (he's had more than 3+ yrs to win it)? Or is he waiting to be in the right situation without the presence of LD, LCW, CJ & BCL and maybe PG to finally win it?

Back to the discussion on Taufik chances of winning another big one (AE, WC or OG) and a SS title.
    No one is questioning he should participate in as many tourneys. The question is whether he can win a SS title or one of the big ones.
    Think about this, what are the chances of LD, LCW, CJ, BCL, PG missing out on those big tourneys? If knowing their chances of missing them are slim and none, then what chances does Taufik have in winning any of them again?..thus i mentioned, he most likely will not win another biggie (consider also his age and his hectic schedule as a family man, the focus won't be there)..
    As for Taufik's chances winning another SS, imo, he has a bit of chance, knowing some of those names will be absent from time to time. Yes, most likely he has to pick and choose whether any of those players will compete in a SS or not..
    *i recall, there were a couple or so chances where Taufik could've played in a SS without any of those players participating, but he didn't play..

That's why i mentioned, in order for Taufik to win a SS or any of the biggies, LD, LCW, CJ, BCL and maybe PG will have to be absent or all to be completely eliminated before he faces any of them...and what are the chances of that happening??..
    And if that chance were to arise, will Taufik take advantage??..
    Chris...even LD won all BIG titles..he even could not smaller events like Asian games ( TH won twice) or LD culd not win East asian games where there was no star in that tournament...could you explain??

I think you should ask TH when he is in US...no points arguing here again in this forum...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asian Games and EAG happen, what, every 4 yrs??..one is lucky to be able to make it..LD will get another chance this yr for another AG..for EAG, maybe another chance in 2013..Further the AG and EAG or the CWG are not IBF/BWF sanctioned events; nothing significant to garner from those tourneys..
    Different story with SS tourneys....they have that nearly 12 times a yr...already at least 36x (chances) for Taufik to win a SS...yet???..

I can ask him why he hasn't won a SS yet when he's here for the U.S. Open..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-04-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what this ctjcad is trying to say is

th, you are old please retire because you are not winning small ss for a long time

at any one ss tournament how many players below taufik's level?

out of 64, there will be 60 + preliminary rounds players

out of 32, there will be 28 + preliminary rounds players

and just why are these 60 or 28 ++ still participating?

practically when more than 50% of them has zero chances of winning

is it the same as saying this?:

when the china team participate in any ss and lin dan is coming

a note should be sent to bcl, cj and cl

don't bother to come when lin dan is around

you all have no chance

the same goes to indonesian team.............

i wonder who is left to participate in any ss...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am certainly against the idea of asking a player to retire just because he is no longer as dominant as before. As long as that particular player still feel fit to play, what's wrong with him trying to play in a tournament? Ultimately that player get to choose whether to play for himself, his family, fans or maybe just taking this up as a hobby. And he is not or should not compete/not compete just to please a certain someone here.

Fact is, if one is still in (a)competition, he will still always have chance/hope to nail a title(albeit it maybe low). PBM has nailed it, if everyone competes only when you have more than 50% to claim the title, who's left to participate in a SS or major tournaments? Who are we to decide that whether he/she should even be participating in a tournament?

It is also true that some individuals here are hard to please. They just like to nitpick and criticize on everything that doesn't fit a perfect mold. These sort of individuals are everywhere and you were be surprised that even Lin Dan was under their criticism for not winning a major a few years back (when he still struggled to win a major but won countless other minor tournaments. Currently, LCW is undergoing the same process(criticized for not winning a major despite being a champion in SS tournaments). And to no surprise, all these criticisms(or belittlement if you wanted to call them) came from the same type of critics.

Now, we have a new flash, a former Olympic champion and World Champion got criticized for not winning minors. Same things go to Lin Dan, for people still criticize him for not being able to win in SEA(formerly got criticism for not winning in Asia outside of China, those critics quickly shut up after LD won his first BAC in 2010).

I do not know the actual agenda of those critics - was it just for the sake of argument? Or was it an effort to make themselves feel a little bit better by belittling the weaknesses of a particular top player? Or was it just trying to make fun of certain professional players? I do not know and have no idea what's the purposes of those criticisms(call it a constructive criticism if you want to, but I can't see anything constructive coming out of it). But one thing those critics fail to understand is, we fans, who love to see TH play have accept his strength and weaknesses. We have come in terms with his human's faults and are just happy to give our full support to him whenever he is competing(same things goes to those fans who are still guarding in LCW's thread), regardless of whether he is winning or losing.

Of course it is disappointing if your favourite players lost in a tournament but we always tell them to bounce back stronger in the coming tournaments. For those critics who are highly opinionated, you are welcome to give your inputs here. However, when they started to sound like an old recorder(repeating the same thing over and over again, just like those belittlements, opps sorry, I meant "criticisms" posted in LCW's thread) those "criticism" will serve nothing but annoys everyone who reads it. If this happened, I think it's better for those high profile individuals to keep their opinions to themselves(or post it in other threads which has less TH's fans reading it, e.g. LD's thread) so we can all leave this forum happily.

Peace and enjoy the summer.
    Last edited by lcleing; 07-05-2010 at 08:06 AM. Reason: typos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ctjcad : LD is younger than both TH and LCW.. But, I'm certain that after getting married, his performance will be getting down...ckckcck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    I am certainly against the idea of asking a player to retire just because he is no longer as dominant as before. As long as that particular player still feel fit to play, what's wrong with him trying to play in a tournament? Ultimately that player get to choose whether to play for himself, his family, fans or maybe just taking this up as a hobby. And he is not or should not compete/not compete just to please a certain someone here.

...we fans, who love to see TH play have accept his strength and weaknesses. We have come in terms with his human's faults and are just happy to give our full support to him whenever he is competing(same things goes to those fans who are still guarding in LCW's thread), regardless of whether he is winning or losing.

Of course it is disappointing if your favourite players lost in a tournament but we always tell them to bounce back stronger in the coming tournaments.

Peace and enjoy the summer.
    Personally, I don't see how TH's stature can be diminish because he did not have a boat -load of all of the (other) titles there is to acquire. He is great already the way he is, just like LCW is (I am personally a fan of TH and LD)! I don't see why it is audaciously impossible for TH to win another big title, so long as he participates, he'll have an even chance with everyone that's in competition; just like everyone else!

Sign...I hope TH wins some more to prove the detractors otherwise.

RvS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Who in the world is suggesting TH should not participate because he is no longer dominant? Who in the world is suggesting he should or should not compete just to please someone?..Again, i for one don't mind him competing as long as he wants..
    - Again, CJ and BCL got sent and they could still win several SS titles. And last time i check, Taufik i don't think is in the same class as Joachim Persson, Marc Zweibler, Hu Yun..
    - The question/issue, however, is: what are the (realistic) chances of him winning another biggie (AE, WC & OG)? There are those who think he still got what it takes to win another biggie (under what other reasonable or rational explanation other than he has the same chance as the other competitors?). My opinion is, his chances are very2 slim to none for the reasons i already mentioned (his age/lack of time for FT training and the fact that his toughest competitors will compete in those big tourneys. Add also to the fact, Taufik hasn't beaten any of those top competitors in the last, what, 3-4 yrs; in fact, he's lost to them by a pretty sizeable margin almost every time they met)..Now, if those top competitors are absent or to be eliminated early in the tourney, then Taufik has a chance..
    Again, that is my opinion and i've backed it up with reasonable and rational explanations; you guys can agree or disagree..
    I don't know what's not so clear abt that..??..
    Quote Originally Posted by trequartista View Post
    @ctjcad : LD is younger than both TH and LCW.. But, I'm certain that after getting married, his performance will be getting down...ckckcck
    off-topic:
    ..you've confirmed this with someone close to the CHN team??..or just relying on BWF data and/or other website sources..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-05-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    - Who in the world is suggesting TH should not participate because he is no longer dominant? Who in the world is suggesting he should or should not compete just to please someone?..Again, i for one don't mind him competing as long as he wants..
    - Again, CJ and BCL got sent and they could still win several SS titles. And last time i check, Taufik i don't think is in the same class as Joachim Persson, Marc Zweibler, Hu Yun..
    - The question/issue, however, is: what are the (realistic) chances of him winning another biggie (AE, WC & OG)? There are those who think he still got what it takes to win another biggie (under what other reasonable or rational explanation other than he has the same chance as the other competitors?). My opinion is, his chances are very2 slim to none for the reasons i already mentioned (his age/lack of time for FT training and the fact that his toughest competitors will compete in those big tourneys. Add also to the fact, Taufik hasn't beaten any of those top competitors in the last, what, 3-4 yrs; in fact, he's lost to them by a pretty sizeable margin almost every time they met)..Now, if those top competitors are absent or to be eliminated early in the tourney, then Taufik has a chance..
    Again, that is my opinion and i've backed it up with reasonable and rational explanations; you guys can agree or disagree..
    I don't know what's not so clear abt that..??..

off-topic:
    ..you've confirmed this with someone close to the CHN team??..or just relying on BWF data and/or other website sources..
    Chris...what you argued about TH is just "RECYCLE" what you did in the past ( on TH)...
    The problem that I have is you are trying to corner TH..why he could not win any SS..etc? dont you think he did not want to win SS? if he could not win SS despite of few close ones..what you wanna do on TH? tell him to retire or not to play again??
    The whole arguement the way I looked it is you are trying to push TH to corner....like you cant win big titles....pls do not play anymore..

At least TH is trying to popularize the badminton , fyi, compare to other players who has not done anything on badminton..plus he did win BIG titles before...if he could not win SS,,it is not the end of the world...no player is perfect to win everything even LD has not won everything either...

Why dont you do same thing on Peter Gade? he did win SS but he has not won OG or WC?
    Last edited by huangkwokhau; 07-05-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Chris...what you argued about TH is just "RECYCLE" what you did in the past ( on TH)
    The problem that I have is you are trying to corner TH..why he could not win any SS..etc? dont you think he did not want to win SS? if he could not win SS despite of few close ones..what you wanna do on TH? tell him to retire or not to play again??
    The whole arguement the way I looked it is you are trying to push TH to corner....like you cant win big titles....pls do not play anymore..

At least TH is trying to popularize the badminton , fyi, compare to other players who has not done anything on badminton..plus he did win BIG titles before...if he could not win SS,,it is not the end of the world...no player is perfect to win everything even LD has not won everything either...

Why dont you do same thing on Peter Gade? he did win SS but he has not won OG or WC?
    also did LCW ever won OG?AG?WC?
    if ever, ctjcad tell to me..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why don't you guy just tell him what he wants to hear?

''taufik has no chance to win ss even though he tries his best''

then tell him one by one other player also no chance

accept the you-know-who

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    why don't you guy just tell him what he wants to hear?

''taufik has no chance to win ss even though he tries his best''

then tell him one by one other player also no chance

accept the you-know-who
    that is not a better idea cos it would make him like a 5yrs old kid

but i take your advice anyway. So here i go:

I think that TH is not the same as TH before, no motivation to win also not capable physically anymore. As an INA fan its not easy to say that, but thats the reallity even TH admits that him self. I also heard that there is a public secret that TH fake his age, he's actually a few yrs older than what is registered in BWF data base. TH also mantioned that he's sad that currently in INA he's still the numero uno MS player and hope that someone can replace him. So basically he feels that he's done enough, very satisfy with his career (won everything except AE), perhaps enough money, and i believe already prepared life after pro badminton (where he runs the training centre). Therefore whatever he's playing now is almost like a hobby to him.

Having said that, we all see how he still tried hard to win in the big games where it really matters to him. Example the AE, TC and more recently INA open. All of which he place high importance. To me, Im happy enough to witness one of the badminton warriors in my life time. No matter what he's already a legend and still to this day no one can do backhand as well as him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    that is not a better idea cos it would make him like a 5yrs old kid

but i take your advice anyway. So here i go:

I think that TH is not the same as TH before, no motivation to win also not capable physically anymore. As an INA fan its not easy to say that, but thats the reallity even TH admits that him self. I also heard that there is a public secret that TH fake his age, he's actually a few yrs older than what is registered in BWF data base. TH also mantioned that he's sad that currently in INA he's still the numero uno MS player and hope that someone can replace him. So basically he feels that he's done enough, very satisfy with his career (won everything except AE), perhaps enough money, and i believe already prepared life after pro badminton (where he runs the training centre). Therefore whatever he's playing now is almost like a hobby to him.

Having said that, we all see how he still tried hard to win in the big games where it really matters to him. Example the AE, TC and more recently INA open. All of which he place high importance. To me, Im happy enough to witness one of the badminton warriors in my life time. No matter what he's already a legend and still to this day no one can do backhand as well as him
    well, that's something better to hear than the recycled stuff in the last few pages and threats

taufik still missed the all england and i think he won't give up just yet

Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 72 ... LastLast