User Tag List

Page 24 of 82 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Taufik Hidayat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't get panda eyes asking taufik ''hey, you got a slim chance of winning a biggie so you should come to usa or canada more often''

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is most heartening to see in IO10 about Taufik is how motivated and physically improved he is. He should not be underestimated as long as his motivation is high. There are clear indications that his stamina and fitness are better than ,say,two years ago. Taufik (and PG) only lose to LCW and LD because of speed. In two years, anything can happen to LCW and LD's natural speed. If their speed comes down, then the speed gap will be minimal and LCW and LD will have little speed advantage over TH and PG; the matches should get interesting.
    I hope both PG and TH maintain themselves until OG12 because both are terrific badminton kings and by continuing to play at a high level and regularly at tournaments, at the expense of being 'upset' by younger players, their contribution to badminton is priceless and probably will be unmatched in that sense by both LCW and LD. LD plays for himself and now is only interested to win 'big' ones; PG and TH play for the sport of badminton, even if their chances of winning a title is slim. But I believe both PG and TH will have the chance to win a title in the run-up to OG12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

totally agree with Badmania on his statement:

Fact is: TH is an Olympic Gold Medallist, 2x Asian Games Winners and a World Champion.
    PLUS : Taufik Hidayat is the first player ever in Badminton History that WON Olympic Gold and WC at the same time...and he won them all in the best manner (OLD SCORING SYSTEM)... ..also...2 x Asian Games winner..2002 (old Scoring System) and 2006 (new scoring system)...on route of winning the 2006 asian games ..he beat BCL, LCW and LD all in straight games....in 2005 WC also LCW and LD straight sets...

INA SS, Singapore SS, etc are just another name for what used to be the INA Open, Singapore Open, etc. And, Taufik had won those events before.

So to all taufik hidayat haters......pls think carefully before throwing a comment into the BC forums

also what more can you ask taufik to prove?????

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..go ask RSLvictorSOTX as he wants to see Taufik win another biggie..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Another PEMUDA is born at last....
    bc members certainly hope not another one pemuda...

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    that is a good way to pass the button in a men's relay team event..

when the fact is ...

it was your turn to pick up the button

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    bc members certainly hope not another one pemuda...

that is a good way to pass the button in a men's relay team event..

when the fact is ...

it was your turn to pick up the button
    button?? or baton
    btw, chris ctjcad and hauge are partner during the friendly tourney in KL during TC..
    now i know why they lost the game just kidding..
    cheer up....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    button?? or baton
    btw, chris ctjcad and hauge are partner during the friendly tourney in KL during TC..
    cheer up....
    ya, should be baton not button, sorry

as i also found it funny after posting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bh185008 View Post

So to all taufik hidayat haters......pls think carefully before throwing a comment into the BC forums

also what more can you ask taufik to prove?????
    if you are referring to the last few pages in this thread and to a particular member

i think this member is not a hater, its probably a guy who thinks he can prove taufik's winning future

and he messed it up and end up with a lot of members thinking that he is anti-taufik

i maybe wrong but i know the discussion was so looong....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TH has always been my favourite MS player and will probably for a very long time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps I/we should roam around and search everywhere and see if ctjcad is all about what he is saying...

For example, a guy/gal who's won boatloads and is sure past his/her prime should just let go in trying to win some more (if not one more)?

Another example would he ctjcad's undying insistence that one title is bigger than another so not bagging a certain title is no biggie? ...yet ctjcad's insists that if TH wants to win one more, it should be the AE! Why, another WC is lesser a title?

ctjcad probably is philisophical, he didn't really pass the baton or throw the ball back at my court... ...maybe, moving the GOALPOST was an alternative?

Why is it so hard for us to enjoy what TH, LCW or even LD can bring to this sport we love w/o being too hard on the players as well as WE, the enthusiasts/supporters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryim_ View Post
    TH has always been my favourite MS player and will probably for a very long time!
    I second that. I also know he's been in a decline since OG2004.

I do agree with Chris that the chance of Taufik winning another big one is slim. Not entirely impossible but slim. I do not think it's any worse than say BCL or CJ or PG winning another big one though, but certainly way better than SS, SDK, BP or NTM. Afterall, the "chance" has to be divided with the two main contenders (LCW + LD) who already had the lion's share.

I think he's playing better today than in 2005-2007. He's much more serious but the age is definitely showing in terms of speed. Stamina is always Taufik's achilles heels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post

I do agree with Chris that the chance of Taufik winning another big one is slim. Not entirely impossible but slim. I do not think it's any worse than say BCL or CJ or PG winning another big one though, but certainly way better than SS, SDK, BP or NTM. Afterall, the "chance" has to be divided with the two main contenders (LCW + LD) who already had the lion's share.

I think he's playing better today than in 2005-2007. He's much more serious but the age is definitely showing in terms of speed. Stamina is always Taufik's achilles heels.
    Even though chances seem slim, I do want to see him win another big tournament.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Hau-ge,
    Well, that is my opinion on Taufik's chances of winning another biggie. Realistically. I gave as sound reasonings as possible on why i think that way. If he would, i'll be glad if he proved me wrong.
    I wrote slim chance so that i won't upset his supporters (incl. you)..of course slim is not zero..

Attacking TH for no reason??..nah, i was merely pointing out facts (in case there are those who are reading & don't know much abt his accomplishments)..

I will try to ask him a few (interesting ) questions when he's here for the U.S. Open and share with you guys (maybe will show a video interview w/him)..

And i'll pass him your warmest regards, too..
    Yeah chris, whatever doubt u have or any questions that are always in your mind about taufik hidayat, you are always welcome to ask Taufik Hidayat during the USA open.. Should not be a problem actually. I think TH will be there to answer your question very friendly.. Hope he doesn't punch you though.. haha.. joking tho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    button?? or baton
    cheer up....
    ..maybe Hau-ge is still upset with me for losing that match during the BC baddy get-together..
    Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    Another example would he ctjcad's undying insistence that one title is bigger than another so not bagging a certain title is no biggie? ...yet ctjcad's insists that if TH wants to win one more, it should be the AE! Why, another WC is lesser a title?
    ..because the AE is one of the major tourneys in pro badminton, despite it being held annually, simply based on its prestige and long history. Probably worth even more than the WC..Also, it just happens AE has the SS at the end of it..The WC got its worth because it used to be held biennially (every 2 yrs); but since it's held annually, thus TH winning/not winning another WC will not prove the WC is worth more or less..Winning another OG Gold, now that would be something..
    Seriously, you really don't know abt all the biggie tourneys or just pretending to not know anything abt them??..
    And please don't put words into my mouth as i didn't mention he should just let go in trying to win some more..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-07-2010 at 04:43 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post

I think he was still really good in 05.
    06 after WC he was in decline with his smash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..if Taufik wants to go out with a bang, i mean a BIG BANG, and not walk out and shine in his past reflected glory, then i think he should target and win the AE (the only missing major title from his back pocket)...that's what i would do if i were him..

Putting words on your mouth?

Chronologically WC is up next, AE, next year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, you really don't know abt all the biggie tourneys or just pretending to not know anything abt them??..
    And please don't put words into my mouth as i didn't mention he should just let go in trying to win some more..
    So who put words into your own mouth?

Page 24 of 82 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 74 ... LastLast