User Tag List

Page 25 of 82 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Taufik Hidayat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..because the AE is one of the major tourneys in pro badminton, despite it being held annually, simply based on its prestige and long history. Probably worth even more than the WC..

Seriously, you really don't know abt all the biggie tourneys or just pretending to not know anything abt them??..
    And please don't put words into my mouth as i didn't mention he should just let go in trying to win some more..
    Oh you don't know? Or just like accusing? ctjcad, ctjcad, don't mince your words!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    Perhaps I/we should roam around and search everywhere and see if ctjcad is all about what he is saying...

For example, a guy/gal who's won boatloads and is sure past his/her prime should just let go in trying to win some more (if not one more)?

Another example would he ctjcad's undying insistence that one title is bigger than another so not bagging a certain title is no biggie? ...yet ctjcad's insists that if TH wants to win one more, it should be the AE! Why, another WC is lesser a title?

ctjcad probably is philisophical, he didn't really pass the baton or throw the ball back at my court... ...maybe, moving the GOALPOST was an alternative?

Why is it so hard for us to enjoy what TH, LCW or even LD can bring to this sport we love w/o being too hard on the players as well as WE, the enthusiasts/supporters?
    You know why the AE? Because Taufik should complete the collection. Taufik has already proved himself, past his prime, to be known as a player who has won everything, he should get the AE. For LCW, he has only won the AE, so any other major would be good for him. For Lin Dan, all he needs is one more Asian Games Gold, and chances are that he'll grab it this year...

LOL, in terms of majors won, LCW is totally the opposite of TH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    You know why the AE? Because Taufik should complete the collection. Taufik has already proved himself, past his prime, to be known as a player who has won everything, he should get the AE. For LCW, he has only won the AE, so any other major would be good for him. For Lin Dan, all he needs is one more Asian Games Gold, and chances are that he'll grab it this year...

LOL, in terms of majors won, LCW is totally the opposite of TH.
    I wouldn't be a self confessed TH and LD fan if I didn't know. As time is of the essence... ...therefore WC is up next in thing (Won it already? Win some more!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be a self confessed TH and LD fan if I didn't know. As time is of the essence... ...therefore WC is up next in thing (Won it already? Win some more!).
    Oh, I understand now. Hehe, good luck, but I think you guys have no point continuing the debate already. When both sides are stubborn, this isn't getting anywhere.

The 4 heavenly kings are not about titles won or what... it is their skills, and the joy to watch them play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I understand now. Hehe, good luck, but I think you guys have no point continuing the debate already. When both sides are stubborn, this isn't getting anywhere.

The 4 heavenly kings are not about titles won or what... it is their skills, and the joy to watch them play.
    Well I won't bug you reading everything but (and ctjcad can honestly attest to this no doubt) I started egging TH to win some more big tournaments! I am saying he is not done yet and EVEN with the big boys being in their RPGs, so long as TH participates, he will have a fair chance of winning (on relative terms of course) just as everyone will have a fair chance of losing (whether due to elective non-participation, getting booted out early or losing vis-a-vis).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    if you are referring to the last few pages in this thread and to a particular member

i think this member is not a hater, its probably a guy who thinks he can prove taufik's winning future

and he messed it up and end up with a lot of members thinking that he is anti-taufik

i maybe wrong but i know the discussion was so looong....
    Well if he can guess it right, then we should start calling him OCTOPUS
    Oh... BTW TH favourite dish is sambal octopus
    Last edited by Yoppy; 07-08-2010 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with this. These 4 kings are with their each unique skill style and achievements.
    As a fan (especially to this sport), I would just enjoy their game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Well if he can guess it right, then we should start calling him OCTOPUS
    Oh... BTW TH favourite dish is sambal octopus
    omg! octopus? ok will keep that in mind

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by naistav View Post
    Agree with this. These 4 kings are with their each unique skill style and achievements.
    As a fan (especially to this sport), I would just enjoy their game.
    yup
    but recently found out that
    only lcw vs kenichi tago is the most exciting in tc
    other is kinda one sider(the match which include either one or two of them)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh you don't know? Or just like accusing? ctjcad, ctjcad, don't mince your words!
    ..what made you think i minced my words?..because i use the word "probably"??. Well, my friend, i wrote that because that is my (and perhaps others) opinion on the worth between AE, OG & WC. Others, like you, might view their (WC & AE) worth differently. I would probably even put the AE as equal to the OG in terms of value. OG and WC are 2 biggies because of the rarity factor (for the former; not so much for the latter anymore because it's now held annually).

And where did i mention "Taufik should just let go in trying to win some more"??..
    Well I won't bug you reading everything but (and ctjcad can honestly attest to this no doubt) I started egging TH to win some more big tournaments! I am saying he is not done yet and EVEN with the big boys being in their RPGs, so long as TH participates, he will have a fair chance of winning (on relative terms of course) just as everyone will have a fair chance of losing (whether due to elective non-participation, getting booted out early or losing vis-a-vis).
    ..you know when it comes time for the biggies, LD, LCW, CJ and BCL will most likely show up..And what are the chances all 4 of those players will be eliminated in earlier round (before QF)?..And if any 4 of those players meet Taufik, when was the last time Taufik beat any of those players??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-08-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..what made you think i minced my words?..because i use the word "probably"??. Well, my friend, i wrote that because that is my (and perhaps others) opinion on the worth between AE, OG & WC. Others, like you, might view their (WC & AE) worth differently. I would probably even put the AE as equal to the OG in terms of value. OG and WC are 2 biggies because of the rarity factor.

And where did i mention "Taufik should just let go in trying to win some more" as you mentioned??..

..you know when it comes time for the biggies, LD, LCW, CJ and BCL will most likely show up..And what are the chances all 4 of those players will be eliminated in earlier round (before QF)?..And if any 4 of those players meet Taufik, when was the last time Taufik beat any of those players??..
    Good afternoon ctjcad, yesterday I watch an enjoyable movie.

So until Taufik hangs it up and calls it a career... ...will see, ok?

Oh, just for the record, in my book AE, OG & WC, in that order are the biggies. TH may retire soon, thus WC is next in the firing line. I am not sure about his contractual obligations whether he has to see it out or not, so looking as far ahead at the AE next year is... ...what if he announces at the start of year that he is calling it off?
    Last edited by RSLvictorSOTX; 07-08-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..yes, i know, GrayDark, metalorange, Brooks, FIVES...are you familiar with those usernames???>>>..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breaking news:
    Taufik lost to Wong Choong Hann...he tried his best, but yes, he lost to Wong Choong Hann in last week's M'sia Open GP Gold in straight games..
    Taufik will try his luck again in the upcoming N. America GP series the next couple of weeks (Canada Open and then U.S. Open)..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No..... he did not try his best, its just a GP for him. He performed so differently compare to the 2010 IO final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    No..... he did not try his best, its just a GP for him. He performed so differently compare to the 2010 IO final.
    Yup...... he was laughing happily at bad line call.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Taufik's draw at this yr's WC..

where's that RSLvictorSOTX (or should i call him Brooks/metalorange?) fella:
    have you seen this yr's WC MS draw and which half of the draw Taufik is in?..check it out
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...e-draw-is-done
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...hips-2010-DRAW!
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-09-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breaking news:
    Taufik lost to Wong Choong Hann...he tried his best, but yes, he lost to Wong Choong Hann in last week's M'sia Open GP Gold in straight games..
    Taufik will try his luck again in the upcoming N. America GP series the next couple of weeks (Canada Open and then U.S. Open)..
    Happy for you that you can see you fellow countrymen. Hopefully this time he can put up a good show.

Page 25 of 82 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 75 ... LastLast