User Tag List

Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 81 ... LastLast

Thread: Taufik Hidayat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched TH's quarters and semis game (have yet to download the final) however in comparison to the 2007, 2008, and 2009 form of TH, i think ths years world championship shows more desire and effort to his game (like it was back in 2004-2006.
    IMO, His natural ability is what has kept him competitive through the recent years, however, in the latest tournament it showed a little more effort rather reliance on ability alone. Smashes have gone closer to line as well as having more venom, net play is looking sharper and even retrieval and allowance to lengthen rallies and stay patient. These things have been a big weakness after 2005/6 from TH.
    Its nice to see him try and finish on a positive note.
    Hope he stays on the international circuit for a couple of more years

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to add. This is actually my post from another thread but it is relevant. Here you go:

I understand though that any international player of any nationality does things in their own ways to gain an unfair advantage. Nothing to do with ethnicity specially in todays GLOBAL VILLAGE.

Admittedly, there are ardent fans who'd construct their arguments so that they sound completely neutral. The thing is, if these people were truly neutral, they would not have gone back again and again in the circus after the show is over. Truly neutral people would lose interest...the fact these people come back and hammers out theories upon theories (supposedly) of blabber to fill the gaps speaks for themselves (ulterior motives masks in neutrality).
    Last edited by RSLvictorSOTX; 09-01-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inconsistency of Taufik Hidayat is proven
    (haha me as a th fan getting wild now!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Oh BTW if TH wins, he will be the first person to win WC twice after 5 years apart. Then it will make me wonder, what was he doing in between??
    Being a father. And husband. Just like anyone else. And oh yes, carrying the weight of a whole country's expectations on his dodgy back.

The question to ask would be: what were SS and SDK and the rest of them doing in those 5 years???? And yes, what indeed was PBSI thinking?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh BTW if TH wins, he will be the first person to win WC twice after 5 years apart. Then it will make me wonder, what was he doing in between??
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Being a father. And husband. Just like anyone else. And oh yes, carrying the weight of a whole country's expectations on his dodgy back.

The question to ask would be: what were SS and SDK and the rest of them doing in those 5 years???? And yes, what indeed was PBSI thinking?
    how i wish taufik had won the wc 2010

and answer you 2, cobalt and yoppy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    how i wish taufik had won the wc 2010

and answer you 2, cobalt and yoppy
    he's maybe thinking i will go for a 6 yrs gap, that would be even harder for anyone to achieve hahaha...

but on a serious note, this yr WC been the most exciting to watch TH in years (not just because he went to the final) cos i can see the flash of his magic again. Even on the final againts CJ, it was actually TH who produce some amazing shots. Just so unfortunate that his smash and attack did not eventuate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's maybe thinking i will go for a 6 yrs gap, that would be even harder for anyone to achieve hahaha...

but on a serious note, this yr WC been the most exciting to watch TH in years (not just because he went to the final) cos i can see the flash of his magic again. Even on the final againts CJ, it was actually TH who produce some amazing shots. Just so unfortunate that his smash and attack did not eventuate
    i think towards the 3rd set even when chen jin was leading, he was still so cool

notice there were more than one occasions when chen jin tap him near the net

and he returned the shuttle so smoothly like he has done it many times before!

what a good anticipation i must say!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This may make me sound like a romantic, but no other player that I know of has been able to touch the hearts of so many people, like TH does when he takes to the court.

Makes you smile and feel just joyous. The anticipation of experiencing a special, magical moment. And finally, the person himself. No airs, no arrogance. He doesn't just bring his brilliance and talent to the court; he brings all of himself and his values. The best ambassador of the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeehah, I especially like that GAP YEAR bit of yours...optismistic eh? Let's hope that he'll stick around a li'l longer only if he can still be competitive and pips in the occasional BIG ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    Yeehah, I especially like that GAP YEAR bit of yours...optismistic eh? Let's hope that he'll stick around a li'l longer only if he can still be competitive and pips in the occasional BIG ones.
    hahah just crossingmy fingers mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may make me sound like a romantic, but no other player that I know of has been able to touch the hearts of so many people, like TH does when he takes to the court.

Makes you smile and feel just joyous. The anticipation of experiencing a special, magical moment. And finally, the person himself. No airs, no arrogance. He doesn't just bring his brilliance and talent to the court; he brings all of himself and his values. The best ambassador of the game.
    Very true. I can only heard how Liem Swie King and Rudy Hartono also had the same charm and persona, but Im lucky to see TH in my life time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos! Very well said! Me thinks alike as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taufik Commented in Japan Open that he could not control the shuttles.. Sounds to me like he was using the Arc-Z :-P

I think he has been tricked by Yonex marketing department to use a racket with poor control :-D

/Twobeer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Beats me why they can't allow players of that calibre to use what the players want. TH would probably still opt for a 700 or 900T if he had his way, I guess. And if YY can't deliver what their "Advisory Staff" are asking for, then maybe they should just take a step back and figure out a better way to please the masses and the "Advisory Staff."

This way, it's YY who would be responsible for unsatisfactory performance and the player's possible fall in rankings as a result of foisting/forcing an incompatible racquet on the player...

just my blurry thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Taufik Commented in Japan Open that he could not control the shuttles.. Sounds to me like he was using the Arc-Z :-P

I think he has been tricked by Yonex marketing department to use a racket with poor control :-D

/Twobeer
    twobeer, thats bad news!

did taufik mention anything about racket?

and please provide link to the report

thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a WC finalist one moment ago to SS 1st round loser now. I did not watch the JPN match but something im sure of is that he was a different TH in JPN and in FRN, and I really cant explain why, it just does not make sense. I want to know if TH really wants to play SS anymore, or is it something prevented him doing so? Maybe stamina, motivation/psycological, or something else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From a WC finalist one moment ago to SS 1st round loser now. I did not watch the JPN match but something im sure of is that he was a different TH in JPN and in FRN, and I really cant explain why, it just does not make sense. I want to know if TH really wants to play SS anymore, or is it something prevented him doing so? Maybe stamina, motivation/psycological, or something else.
    maybe a combination of all those? maybe time? he has a baby daughter also. maybe issues at the TH Arena?

Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 81 ... LastLast