User Tag List

Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Taufik Hidayat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, rather disappointing results for taufik

maybe, as some said probably due to the semi final..

it must be some overloading!

anyway, good job disposing few younger players along the way, dpy, kt...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This time Jan O jorgensen stopped Taufik from winning his 1st ever SS title.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Taufik Interview

Here's a link to an interview given by Taufik to an Indian site. Brilliant!
    I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/interv...idayat_1460060

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an excerpt of an interview given by TH as published on Sunday, Oct 31, 2010, 3:22 IST by Dev S Sukumar, Place: Mumbai, Agency: DNA

“What does badminton mean to you?
    It’s not my life. It’s something I love. It’s a way, it’s a bridge for achieving what I want to do. But so many players can’t make a living out of it. I can, so for me it’s a means to a better life. It’s about earning a living.”

I respect TH’s sentiment but he must not over-compete but must be very selective on the tournaments he plays so as to have a chance of winning the SS and the AE singles titles. At 29 years of age, time is running out and new young players are also chasing for glory.
    TH is still INA number one player and Indonesia may still have to rely on him for the 2012 Olympics. He also lamented at the lack of new INA players. So TH has to stay fit to last until 2012.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    (snip)

I respect THís sentiment but he must not over-compete but must be very selective on the tournaments he plays so as to have a chance of winning the SS and the AE singles titles. At 29 years of age, time is running out and new young players are also chasing for glory.
    TH is still INA number one player and Indonesia may still have to rely on him for the 2012 Olympics. He also lamented at the lack of new INA players. So TH has to stay fit to last until 2012.
    Well, someone's got to keep the Indonesia flag flying at international events! If the other players would step up to the plate, I'm sure Taufik would appreciate some more quality time with his daughters.

But to expect him to take OG2012? I'm not saying its impossible; but certainly improbable. How I hate saying this!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love this part:

"It’s not too hard. I train and play with my heart. If I enjoy it, I can play. If I don’t want to play, if I don’t feel like it, I think it’s my bad luck, and I lose. If I feel like it, I can do anything."

it s so TH

"I don’t like the Chinese players."
    "But they have set the standard in badminton, right?
    It’s like, when you walk on the way, they’ll pick you and make you a world champion. They’re like a machine, you know. Players have short careers, they last four or five years maximum.""

This part is so funny hahahahha.....

"And Lin Dan?
    I have respect for him. He’s got all the big titles, like the World Championship three times, the Olympics, the All England. But he’s still waiting for the Asian Games gold. You must be lucky, you know. Take (world No 1) Lee Chong Wei. He’s got so many Super Series titles, but he never has an Olympic gold or a World Championship or an Asian Games or even a SEA Games gold. He’s not lucky. I’m lucky. You can win ten Super Series titles and nobody will know, but if you win one Olympic gold, everybody will know.

"
    Woww....he respect him....good

"My idol was Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen. Also, there was Joko Suprianto. Joko was a complete player, and pleasing to the eye. He was an entertainer. I didn’t want to be like Poul-Erik. I already knew how to play by the time I saw him in action. I played him twice, I lost one and I won the other. When he became Olympic champion I was 15, and he was 32. So I know I can also win the Olympics again, although I’m 29 now."

it s surprising me, cos as far as i know they didnt have good relationship when in pelatnas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Here's a link to an interview given by Taufik to an Indian site. Brilliant!
    I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/interv...idayat_1460060
    Thank for the article cobalt, thats should answer all of our questions about him. He even mention Pele and Maradona lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote TH: "He taught me not only to play, but to entertain people who are watching badminton."

Thats why we call him the magician now

Quote TH: "It’s not too hard. I train and play with my heart. If I enjoy it, I can play. If I don’t want to play, if I don’t feel like it, I think it’s my bad luck, and I lose. If I feel like it, I can do anything."

Thats it folks, now we can just relax and sit back and enjoy TH no matter the result.

Quote TH: "When he became Olympic champion I was 15, and he was 32. So I know I can also win the Olympics again, although I’m 29 now."

Anything is possible and impossible is nothing. GO Taufik!!!
    Last edited by Yoppy; 11-01-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Thank for the article cobalt, thats should answer all of our questions about him. He even mention Pele and Maradona lol
    Olden day players are slow mo compared to now, that's what he believes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

["My idol was Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen. Also, there was Joko Suprianto. Joko was a complete player, and pleasing to the eye. He was an entertainer. I didnít want to be like Poul-Erik. I already knew how to play by the time I saw him in action. I played him twice, I lost one and I won the other. When he became Olympic champion I was 15, and he was 32. So I know I can also win the Olympics again, although Iím 29 now."

On the above comment..Taufik forgot that he beat Poul Eric twice...
    1. All England 1999 - Semifinal Match - Taufik won in straight sets
    2. Thomas Cup 2000 - Semifinal Indo vs Den - Taufik won in straight sets as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an great interview, I like how he tells his feeling without holding back and his "I don't give a damn" attitude. TH is certainly a player that create sparks.

It is a shame that he lost Denmark Open, he is that close (like if he didn't lose his string in the 1st game) from his first SS. And he can certainly could beat JO but it is not his day. TH has now officially become the "Mr. Runner up".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=pejantan;1551901]i love this part:

"It’s not too hard. I train and play with my heart. If I enjoy it, I can play. If I don’t want to play, if I don’t feel like it, I think it’s my bad luck, and I lose. If I feel like it, I can do anything."

it s so TH

"I don’t like the Chinese players."
    "But they have set the standard in badminton, right?
    It’s like, when you walk on the way, they’ll pick you and make you a world champion. They’re like a machine, you know. Players have short careers, they last four or five years maximum.""

LD played since 2001 and is still in good shape. ZJH played more than 8 years. He may refer to Ji xinpeng who beat him in Olympic 2000 and won gold medal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too bad. Not easy to stay on top all the while. He is married with 2 kids. Give him some credits and let him entertain us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post
    Olden day players are slow mo compared to now, that's what he believes.
    Yes, I agree.
    If you were to watch matches of the past champions prior to the LD and LCW era, you would not see any of them diving to retrieve shots, got up and hit winners. Some of these champions won the AE from 4 to 7 times and they were not fast compared to today's players. The standard was just lower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    What an great interview, I like how he tells his feeling without holding back and his "I don't give a damn" attitude. TH is certainly a player that create sparks.

It is a shame that he lost Denmark Open, he is that close (like if he didn't lose his string in the 1st game) from his first SS. And he can certainly could beat JO but it is not his day. TH has now officially become the "Mr. Runner up".
    He was just a Slash away from winning in Denmark :-)

I am pretty confident he would have won if he would have used pretty much any other racket than the Z. having to switch racket 3 times in a match is costly in such a tight match.

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    He was just a Slash away from winning in Denmark :-)

I am pretty confident he would have won if he would have used pretty much any other racket than the Z. having to switch racket 3 times in a match is costly in such a tight match.

/Twobeer
    Yes, a slash away.....so near, yet still far for him to grab his 1st SS Title.....but it just another SS title.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Yes, a slash away.....so near, yet still far for him to grab his 1st SS Title.....but it just another SS title.
    Yes, so close yet so far.

But somewhat he is right about the part that he is lucky while LCW is the unlucky one. LCW have won countless first places but could not crowned as legend cause he have yet win OG or WC. But in fact lot of the SS LCW won has much tougher draw than TH had in OG.

Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast