User Tag List

Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 697 of 1386

Thread: Taufik Hidayat

  1. #681
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,721
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    thats a good question but watch out for different answers, mate!

    not every member think taufik was great and is stilll great,

    here i really don't understand and i don't wish to find out either...lol
    Sure, I am aware that a lot of people would love to spin it according to their convenience or beliefs No problem. It's a free world, and each is entitled to his/her, errrr... opinions.

  2. #682
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Sure, I am aware that a lot of people would love to spin it according to their convenience or beliefs No problem. It's a free world, and each is entitled to his/her, errrr... opinions.

    taufik has inspired a lot of the younger generations worldwide

    and its already been more than 10 yrs

    i wonder why some still can't notice it?

  3. #683
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,770
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Taufik Hidayat is still our best INA player

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    taufik has inspired a lot of the younger generations worldwide

    and its already been more than 10 yrs

    i wonder why some still can't notice it?
    .
    Me too.

    I always wonder why some BCers talked so negatively about Taufik Hidayat when he is still one of our top 10 players in the world (in Mens Singles). Taufik played well for more than 10 years now. Taufik is still our best INA player.

    When fans talked positively about their heroes, I can understand them.

    But when BCers talked negatively about our top 10 players who are not one of their heroes/idols, I just don't understand it and I get confused.
    .

  4. #684
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,721
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does anyone know which racquet Taufik was using in the WC-2005 and AG-2006?

  5. #685
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Then our experience differ... My own experience is that I would feel much better the 2nd Friday.

    When you considering the opponents, I don't think playing Rajiv is harder than a normal session of training for TH, actually I doubt the whole week of FO costs TH more energy than one week of regular training. but playing three young guns Tago, DPY, and JOJ in a row...

    How interesting... Honestly I don't think TH was tired in either WC match he lost to CJ. His movements were quite normal -- just that "normal speed" of TH is already not enough to catch up with CJ anymore.

    Luck is a big factor. If TH's string did not snap at 19:20, who knows whether he would win 2007 JO or not? And who did Simon beat in his first SS title? Are they any stronger then those opponents TH lost to in his 8 finals?

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    - I would feel one would still be beat by the end of the 2nd week, no matter how much one spends the energy during the 1st week. Again, it goes back also to the factor of who the opponents are. And if you believe pro players train to last them for a certain duration of tournaments, then TH being tired, after just competing in the first of back-to-back tourneys, should be out of the question. Even a few of the members also praised TH for his seemingly hard work and recent improvement in his durability.
    If you want to see a tired Taufik, check out his lost to LD in the 2006 Japan Open MS Final and last yr's WC Semis vs. CJ.
    - Let me ask, do you think TH is "fresher" playing in an earlier round or in the Final Rd.?
    - Why TH lost, you ask? I already explained it a few times. Even mentioned it in my previous reply.
    - You might not spot TH's "lapse of concentration". But others might notice it.
    - In comparing BP and TH, if BP has one SS title before TH, then of course he did better than TH in the SS (partly depends on the level of competition). Same deal with TH; he just won the FO, of course he did better than BP. And that's exactly, i'd like to know why a player w/a level like BP can win a SS title before TH won his. Even Simon Santoso won a SS title and SDK won a few titles as well before TH finally won his!

  6. #686
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    Then our experience differ... My own experience is that I would feel much better the 2nd Friday.

    When you considering the opponents, I don't think playing Rajiv is harder than a normal session of training for TH, actually I doubt the whole week of FO costs TH more energy than one week of regular training. but playing three young guns Tago, DPY, and JOJ in a row...

    How interesting... Honestly I don't think TH was tired in either WC match he lost to CJ. His movements were quite normal -- just that "normal speed" of TH is already not enough to catch up with CJ anymore.

    Luck is a big factor. If TH's string did not snap at 19:20, who knows whether he would win 2007 JO or not? And who did Simon beat in his first SS title? Are they any stronger then those opponents TH lost to in his 8 finals?
    - How about this for comparison. Try to play baddy for 2 straight weeks. You can choose to play doubles or singles, if you dare (i've never done that but i'd like to try it myself). Say from Tuesday til Sunday in the 1st week. Then take 2 days off and then continue with the same routine as the prior week. Basically the same format as the DO and FO. You can increase your level of playing competition for the 1st week, find some tougher opponents in the 1st week. Then, after you're done with the 2 weeks of playing, tell me if you feel fresher after the 1st week or after the 2nd week.
    - Like i already mentioned, if you believe pro players are trained to last them for a brief period of time to compete, then using tiredness as an excuse for TH's loss in the DO Final should be null and void. Heck, he could even force a rubber game vs. LD in this yr's AG Men's team semis tie, esp. after 2 weeks of literally continuous competition. Are you going to come up with a different type of excuse (whatever it may be) should TH lose his future match(es)??
    - Speaking about considering the opponents, that's why i mentioned earlier it's more about the level of your opponents/competition more than being tired in why you perceive Taufik had a bit of difficult time in the DO. yes, Tago, DPY and JOJ are much better in terms of skills and competitive level (besides younger) than TH's opponents in the FO. TH lost to JOJ because JOJ played better...all the reasons i already mentioned before..not because TH was tired..
    - About TH's loss to CJ in last yr's WC Semis, i think it's either he was tired or lost the motivation (for the "speed" reason between CJ and TH) or both. How else can you explain TH getting single digit in the 2nd game? Same deal with his loss to LD in the 2006 Japan Open Final. I also saw the video of his WC match from last yr and certainly TH just couldn't keep up w/the pace esp. in the 2nd game; in essence CJ was simply toying with him.
    - Yes, i wouldn't mind factoring in luck/being unlucky for TH (it happens to all players). If you want to include that in his DO's loss this yr, i would consider it..
    - In my opinion, like i already mentioned, an Olympic and WC champion and a talent and caliber player like Taufik should've at least gotten 1 SS title in his 8 (or how many) SS appearances. I know in some of those SS, he didn't have to meet any CHN players. He certainly could beat LCW (as he proved recently in the WC); i recall once or twice TH lost to LCW in the Final Rd. of a SS.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 11-16-2010 at 04:01 PM.

  7. #687
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,721
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Does anyone know which racquet Taufik was using in the WC-2005 and AG-2006?
    Hi Cobalt,
    I don't know, but when I find out I will let you know.

  8. #688
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    www
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    This is a point you have brought up earlier as well in this thread. Your argument does not make sense to me. There are too many variables and subjective issues that may restrict one person from performing at his optimum level one week (indeed, even one day!) as against another's experience. As well, their success/failure at any given time would also depend to some extent on the (different set of) variables that others in the tournament are simultaneously experiencing. It is by no means apples-apples! And I wish people would just understand and accept that fact instead of expecting robotic efficiency from human heroes.

    There are many who would like to insist that LD has always been a superior player to Taufik. Notice the emphasis on "always been." If so, how come Taufik won OG, WC and AG golds before Lin Dan got anywhere close to smelling gold? Especially when so many claimed he (LD) was "ready" to claim those medals? Would that not by the parameters of your own arguments, make Taufik a permanently superior player to Lin Dan?

    So I would like to paraphrase your last question back to you with a substitution of names:
    "And that's exactly, i'd like to know why a player w/a level like TH can win a OG, WC and AG title before LD won his."
    i only agree to one of your point, that people should understand and accept that fact, this include author like yourself.

    You should know that TH is 2.18 older than LD, so this mean TH should logically peak 2.18 earlier than LD.

    Here is the fact, LD won the 2006 WC at an earlier age than TH got his WC in 2005.
    TH and LD both lost in their first time playing the OG

    Regarding OG and AG, they only come around every 4 years, LD technically can not win these titles until the next OG om 2008 and hopefully 2010 AG.

    LD beat TH twice and won the team 2006 AG team title. Have TH won any team AG title or beat LD in other event? Not even close. Why the magican took 8 attempts on super series before he lands a title where LD were absence in most of the SS ?

  9. #689
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Hi Cobalt,
    I don't know, but when I find out I will let you know.
    wkwkwkwk......dont be too sad bro. We all too busy reading ye333 and ctjcad conversations.
    as far as i remember TH was using AT series before Arc10, but to be honest i cant be for sure

  10. #690
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,721
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isometric_kid View Post
    i only agree to one of your point, that people should understand and accept that fact, this include author like yourself.
    Pardon me, but which fact would you be referring to? And which fact do you think I was referring to?

    You should know that TH is 2.18 older than LD, so this mean TH should logically peak 2.18 earlier than LD.
    Taufik won the OG2004, so should I then assume by your logic that LD should have rightfully won the AG2006? BTW, I love your "2.18 older"

    Here is the fact, LD won the 2006 WC at an earlier age than TH got his WC in 2005. TH and LD both lost in their first time playing the OG
    So LD peaked earlier chronologically than TH? Is that good or bad? What about Rudy Hartono? He peaked for some 6-8 years; do you have a ready explanation? Or Morten Frost? Or Zhang Ning? What is your correct, text-book age (give or take a few days, or course) for peaking? And how long is it supposed to last? (give or take a few days, of course...)

    Regarding OG and AG, they only come around every 4 years, LD technically can not win these titles until the next OG om 2008 and hopefully 2010 AG.
    Yes, even a dumb guy like me knows that even LD cannot quite achieve the feat of winning an OG between 2 consecutive OGs. But what exactly was your point?

    LD beat TH twice and won the team 2006 AG team title. Have TH won any team AG title or beat LD in other event? Not even close. Why the magican took 8 attempts on super series before he lands a title where LD were absence in most of the SS ?
    All I can say is: welcome to the out-of-context club. Instead of your vitriol, you should have taken the time to read and understand my post in it's entirety, not skew words and facts to suit your agenda.

    But of course, if it makes you feel better, you're the man!
    BTW, I wonder if you can help me. Do you know which racquets TH used at the WC2005 and AG2006?

  11. #691
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,721
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    wkwkwkwk......dont be too sad bro. We all too busy reading ye333 and ctjcad conversations.
    as far as i remember TH was using AT series before Arc10, but to be honest i cant be for sure
    No worries! Just hoping to find out eactly which AT he used back then...

  12. #692
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In regards to Iso_kid comment on post #688, why dont you search at what age TH won his major titles?? At that age perhaps LD was still drinking milk.

    TH won INA open, Sudirman cup, and went on to the AE open at the age of 17. At the age of 18, he won Thomas cup, Malaysia Open, another INA open, Asian Champion, and another final appearance at AE.

    Forget about SS, SS is just another name for Open. There is no need for TH to win it to complete his colections.

    And as far as i know LD did not win his first major title until he was 20yrs old at 2003 China Open.
    Last edited by Yoppy; 11-16-2010 at 08:54 PM.

  13. #693
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,721
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    In regards to Iso_kid comment on post #688, why dont you search at what age TH won his major titles?? At that age perhaps LD was still drinking milk.

    TH won INA open, Sudirman cup, and went on to the AE open at the age of 17. At the age of 18, he won Thomas cup, Malaysia Open, another INA open, Asian Champion, and another final appearance at AE.

    Forget about SS, SS is just another name for Open. There is no need for TH to win it to complete his colections.
    Very correctly said, sir!

  14. #694
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,770
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow What rackets Taufik used in what year

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Does anyone know which racquet Taufik was using in the WC-2005 and AG-2006?
    .
    I guess we get no answer because we have forgotten.

    Hint: Ask Yonex, I am sure they have records of what rackets Taufik used in what year.
    .

  15. #695
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    www
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    In regards to Iso_kid comment on post #688, why dont you search at what age TH won his major titles?? At that age perhaps LD was still drinking milk.

    TH won INA open, Sudirman cup, and went on to the AE open at the age of 17. At the age of 18, he won Thomas cup, Malaysia Open, another INA open, Asian Champion, and another final appearance at AE.

    Forget about SS, SS is just another name for Open. There is no need for TH to win it to complete his colections.

    And as far as i know LD did not win his first major title until he was 20yrs old at 2003 China Open.

    wow, so TH can't compare to LD's career accomplishment and now you guys want to push it to a contest of who won first title at the earliest age?? Desperate effort indeed.

    The difference between INA and china is china has too much talent, getting into #1 team and get more opportunity to play in bigger title tournament is not as easy as say, TH. Let assume TH peak earlier, so what? An early peaker is automatic a star or legend material? Hafiz won AE before LCW, how come HH play second fiddle to LCW? Using comparison of who won what earlier is scraping the bottom of the barrel argument i might say. I bet TH has his first pimple before LD too.

    Are you sure you're guys are TH fan? Even i know what racket he was using in 2005. It was AT700. Do you need to know what U and G too? string used too? tension too?

    The 2.18 years age difference is important number because TH was better than LD in 2004, 2005 and small part of 2006, ~ 2.18 year. However, LD is better than TH in large part of 2006, all of 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and counting.

  16. #696
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,721
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isometric_kid View Post
    wow, so TH can't compare to LD's career accomplishment and now you guys want to push it to a contest of who won first title at the earliest age?? Desperate effort indeed.

    The difference between INA and china is china has too much talent, getting into #1 team and get more opportunity to play in bigger title tournament is not as easy as say, TH. Let assume TH peak earlier, so what? An early peaker is automatic a star or legend material? Hafiz won AE before LCW, how come HH play second fiddle to LCW? Using comparison of who won what earlier is scraping the bottom of the barrel argument i might say. I bet TH has his first pimple before LD too.

    Are you sure you're guys are TH fan? Even i know what racket he was using in 2005. It was AT700. Do you need to know what U and G too? string used too? tension too?

    The 2.18 years age difference is important number because TH was better than LD in 2004, 2005 and small part of 2006, ~ 2.18 year. However, LD is better than TH in large part of 2006, all of 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and counting.
    Wow, kid, maybe you should use this for your next thesis. OTOH, I sincerely thank you for the AT700 info.

    And just to clarify, I am a fan of TH. And LD. And LCW. And PG. And many more. But I am not a badminton historian. That is the truth, whether you believe it or not. And if you wish to dissect my sentences and selectively respond or detract, then go rght ahead. To me, beyond a point, its just a complete waste of time.

  17. #697
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    TH won INA open, Sudirman cup, and went on to the AE open at the age of 17. At the age of 18, he won Thomas cup, Malaysia Open, another INA open, Asian Champion, and another final appearance at AE.
    I don't think Taufik ever won the Sudirman Cup. The only time INA won the Sudirman Cup was in 1989... Taufik must be around 10 years old at that time. Susi Susanti was only 18 when she won the 1st match for INA in the finals against KOR. INA was down 0-2, Susi played the 3rd match, down 1 game and 1-10 in game 2 [still using the 11 point non-rally-point system]... Somehow, Susi won game 2 and 3... Then later, INA won 3-2. Taufik was not in that Sudirman Cup win...

    Quote Originally Posted by Isometric_kid View Post
    The 2.18 years age difference is important number because TH was better than LD in 2004, 2005 and small part of 2006, ~ 2.18 year. However, LD is better than TH in large part of 2006, all of 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and counting.
    Uhm, Taufik was also better than LD in 1999 [when Taufik first reached the All England final], 2000, 2001 [I think TH reached #1 WR around this time], 2002 [when Taufik was part of the INA Thomas Cup team, that defended the Cup for 5th straight times], 2003... then on to Taufik's peak years in 2004 + 2005, ...and Taufik bested LD in the end of 2006 [Asian Games 2nd title, beating LD in the finals]...
    Last edited by Krisna; 11-17-2010 at 01:52 AM.

Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Taufik Black and Gold shirt, Taufik Hidayat Line.
    By James. in forum Market Place
    Replies: 6
    : 11-03-2010, 12:28 PM
  2. Taufik Hidayat in TO Dec. 27
    By lalanthier in forum Canada East
    Replies: 107
    : 01-10-2009, 08:09 PM
  3. Taufik Hidayat
    By AzNl3oi89 in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 20
    : 04-11-2006, 01:10 AM
  4. Taufik Hidayat
    By hidayat fan in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 1
    : 05-07-2005, 01:45 AM
  5. Taufik Hidayat
    By Pebulutangkis in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 8
    : 04-26-2004, 01:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •