Results 698 to 714 of 1272
Thread: Taufik Hidayat
11-17-2010, 09:23 AM #698
Your suggestion is not realistic... I am not a professional badminton player. My condition indicates nothing regarding TH's condition. For example, if I play on Friday, I feel very tired on Saturday, but on Sunday I can play again. Does that mean TH should feel the same? Nonsense. Right?
TH's getting single digit from LD and LCW for quite a few times. Why can't he get single digit from CJ? After all CJ's level (in big tournaments) is very close to that of LD and LCW. If you really want a reason besides "level", I would say the "single digit" is partly because TH got very frustrated in the 2nd game. He lost his cool.
11-17-2010, 02:59 PM #699
So, let me ask, if you play on Friday then rest on Saturday and then play again on Sunday, do you feel "fresher" on a Sunday or a Friday?..
All i'm doing in bringing up the scenario is to counter your notion that a "fresher" Taufik would beat JOJ. Well, both met earlier this yr, playing in the 1st Rd. and probably feeling very fresh and yet Taufik lost. And prior to that encounter, TH barely won against JOJ. So, it's more of the case that JOJ's playing experience vs. Taufik was getting better and better.
- The single digit game examples, of TH vs. LD and CJ, is to show you an example of, imo, a likely tired TH. I could tell from his court movements in that 2nd game (of last yr's WC, CJ was basically dictating everything). I use the scoreline as a basis to show a tired Taufik, just like i mentioned earlier abt TH vs. JOJ in the DO. How many pts did TH get against JOJ in the DO MS Final? and compare that to the examples i gave of him vs. LD & CJ..
- So now your reason (or excuse) why TH got single digit vs. CJ, after he got 16 pts in the 1st game of last yr's WC Semis, was partly because he lost his cool/got frustrated? How so? If he lost his cool and got frustrated, then don't you think he simply lost the motivation to fight? Tired not a factor? How about in Taufik's loss vs. LD in the 2006 JO MS Final?
Last edited by ctjcad; 11-17-2010 at 03:04 PM.
11-17-2010, 04:58 PM #700
Last edited by Yoppy; 11-17-2010 at 05:02 PM.
11-17-2010, 05:00 PM #701
11-17-2010, 07:55 PM #702
Hmm.. this thread is becoming really boring with too many expert chefs. You are all correct and/or have been grossly misunderstood by each other, lets agree to disagree and move on. Then again, do any of us really need the validation that we have speculated correctly and ours is the best and only explanation for TH/LD's performance/achievements? Such event is not even close to "The Big Bang"??
For a fact, yes, Taufik is growing older and younger players have already surpassed him. But like what Taufik said, and as confirmed by LD, he is around to just enjoy badminton. He's happy to play and give his best (which obviously fluctuates depending on many factors).
His best may not be up to mediocre for LD or LCW (or any top CHN MS) but so what? He may have mixed results (not winning any SS till FO2010, but yet is OG2004/WC2005 champion), does not have as many medals (whether they count) as LD or LCW but so what? For fans, we just like to watch him work his magic and hope (with a long neck) that he occasionally get that lucky break (or whatever you call that).
But seriously, so what if your hero than mine? Let it go and stop these petty arguments.
11-17-2010, 08:26 PM #703
11-17-2010, 08:37 PM #704
11-18-2010, 12:25 AM #705
I just watched TH play the Taipei player...TH certainly is back. TH stamina has vastly improved and with no pressure, TH could surprise a lot of people. But I am also thinking TH seems to be playing a controlled pace and if he plays LD, CJ or LCW and they up the pace and speed of the game, how would TH respond.
11-18-2010, 09:07 AM #706
11-18-2010, 12:53 PM #707
I don't know TH will get tired or not. What I said is basically "TH looks tired to me in DO final, but looks fresher in FO final". Similar to you, I make this conclusion based on his court movement. Then I use the big difference in his opponents to explain my observation. Got it?
Of course I am fresher on Sunday. Because Friday night I am usually drained mentally after a week's hard work. In particular, if I work very hard on Friday, I totally suck on Friday nights.
So TH "looks tired" to you in WC. But how come? In 2009 WC CJ is the very first strong opponent he met. How can TH not be "tired" after beating Tago and DPY in hard games, but was "tired" after easily beating HYH, who is almost as old as TH himself, and plays a style that does not cost TH much energy? And yes I think he lost his motivation to fight, in both the 2nd half of WC09 and JO06.
Considering the big difference between JOJ's level and LD/CJ's, I would say if TH can get 6 pts from a CJ who is in best form, getting 19 pts from JOJ is not surprising at all.
Finally, look at LHI vs CJ today. If CJ is more motivated, LHI definitely will get single digit in the 2nd game. Is LHI tired from playing one or two nobodies in the past two days?
11-18-2010, 12:56 PM #708
11-18-2010, 03:09 PM #709
- You sure you're fresher on a Sunday? Maybe cos you don't have to go all out on Friday? How about this, go play all out on a Friday night and come play again on the Sunday. Or if you feel tired on Friday cos of work, don't play Friday and Saturday but play all out on Sunday. Then come back and play on a Monday or Tuesday night and tell me which day you feel fresher.
- To me, besides the scoreboard, i see TH's court movement and body language, in his match vs. CJ in last yr's WC, as a sign of him being tired (as part of the reason he lost his motivation). As for TH's not being tired in this yr's DO after he faced Tago and DPY, have you read the other members mentioning TH's fitness seems to improve this yr. That he can last longer rallies...hmmm..Even recently, in this yr's WC Final vs. CJ, TH was able to score double digits in both games..
- As for the "the big difference between JOJ's level and LD/CJ's", my friend, as i already mentioned before, TH nearly forced LD to a rubber game in this yr's AG Men's team event. Just consider your TH's fitness/stamina is better this yr..
- As for the CJ vs. LHI comparison, all i'll mention is i can't judge much abt LHI's fitness condition (or whether CJ was more/less motivated). All i know is, LHI hasn't been competing much this yr, just on and off. So, my guess is, it could be his form or just less fit. And partly, CJ was overall in better form and fitter.
Last edited by ctjcad; 11-18-2010 at 03:18 PM.
11-18-2010, 07:28 PM #710
2010 Asian Games: Hope that Taufik Hidayat can perform well at 2010 Asian Games
From what I have read and heard, Taufik's fitness is now at its best (talking about over the last 4 years).
Hope that Taufik can perform well at this 2010 Asian Games.
11-18-2010, 09:15 PM #711
Taufik has just lost to Park Sung Hwan in straight games 15-21; 16-21.
11-18-2010, 09:57 PM #712
PSH looked very sharp in early rounds... TH gave it his all... but ran out of steam...
11-18-2010, 11:26 PM #713
I am officially in mourning. DND
11-18-2010, 11:49 PM #714
i think we all under estimated park
beating taufik in straight games isn't easy
must see the games, maybe tired after 3 straight tournaments
By James. in forum Market PlaceReplies: 6: 11-03-2010, 12:28 PM
By lalanthier in forum Canada EastReplies: 107: 01-10-2009, 08:09 PM
By AzNl3oi89 in forum Indonesia Professional PlayersReplies: 20: 04-11-2006, 01:10 AM
By hidayat fan in forum Indonesia Professional PlayersReplies: 1: 05-07-2005, 01:45 AM
By Pebulutangkis in forum Indonesia Professional PlayersReplies: 8: 04-26-2004, 01:01 PM