User Tag List

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Taufik Hidayat

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Taufik, Liliyana Pull Out of Sudirman Cup Squad

Taufik, Liliyana Pull Out of Sudirman Cup Squad

Ami Afriatni | May 18, 2011

The Indonesian Badminton Association on Wednesday said it respected Taufik Hidayat’s decision not to play in next week’s Sudirman Cup after the men’s singles shuttler was called up for the national team to boost its ranking in the tournament.

Hadi Nasri, head of the athletes’ development at the association, also known as PBSI, said Taufik’s name was included in the Indonesia roster to get a better seeding in the tournament, which will be held in Qingdao, China on May 22-30.

“We had an agreement that we would name him to the squad for seeding purposes, while we would let him decide whether to play or not,” Hadi told the Jakarta Globe.

“He decided not to play and we respect his decision.”

Taufik said on Tuesday that he withdrew from the Cup because he believed “a younger shuttler was more deserving of his slot.”

“I think this is the right time for the younger generation to have a bigger role in representing our country in major international tournaments,” he said.

Full story: http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sport...p-squad/441750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a player like taufik to make way for his younger country men in the coming sudirman cup

is .... u n b e l i e v a b l e ...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    For a player like taufik to make way for his younger country men in the coming sudirman cup

is .... u n b e l i e v a b l e ...
    Problem seems, the younger shuttlers are not very eager to take his place!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with all due respect to taufik, imo its a good decision to withdraw from the tournament. He had criticized PBSI publicly before for not bringing up younger generation players to carry the traditionally strong INA badminton squad. Now that PBSI gathered a bunch of young talents it only fits for him to step down and really give the youngsters chances to gain experience and prove themselves on the international stage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes good decision by TH. I was already wondering why he was still on the list.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Yes good decision by TH. I was already wondering why he was still on the list.
    Because for the rest, the way things are just now, you may as well just toss a coin...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice pic buddy.... thank u

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Taufik Hidayat and the 2012 London Olympics

An excerpt:

Still on the show Celebrity Smash, Taufik Bulutangkis.com asked whether still have the desire to perform at the London Olympics in August 2012.
    Taufik mengungkapkan secara pribadi masih ada keinginan untuk mengulang sukses yang sama seperti di Olimpiade Athena tahun 2004.
    Taufik disclose personally still have a desire to repeat the same success as Olympic Games in Athens in 2004.
    Namun Taufik menyatakan pada prinsipnya tidak keberatan memberikan kesempatan pada junior-juniornya untuk tampil di Olimpiade tahun 2012 mendatang, tapi bukan karena Taufik diminta mengundurkan diri karena poinnya lebih tinggi dari junior-juniornya.
    But Taufik expressed no objection in principle gives way to the junior-juniors to perform at the Olympics in 2012, but not because Taufik asked to resign because it point higher than the junior-junior.

Taufik Hidayat berharap agar junior-juniornya mampu menggesernya melalui prestasi murni.
    Taufik Hidayat hopes for junior-juniors be able to slide through genuine achievement.
    Sebuah tantangan manis dari seorang Taufik Hidayat untuk atlit tunggal putra Indonesia lainnya agar mampu melanjutkan estafet tunggal putra Indonesia dari Taufik Hidayat.
    A nice challenge from a Taufik Hidayat to athletes of other Indonesian men's singles to be able to continue the relay men's singles Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.

Full story: http://www.bulutangkis.com/mod.php?m...cle&artid=6998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    An excerpt:

Still on the show Celebrity Smash, Taufik Bulutangkis.com asked whether still have the desire to perform at the London Olympics in August 2012.
    Taufik mengungkapkan secara pribadi masih ada keinginan untuk mengulang sukses yang sama seperti di Olimpiade Athena tahun 2004.
    Taufik disclose personally still have a desire to repeat the same success as Olympic Games in Athens in 2004.
    Namun Taufik menyatakan pada prinsipnya tidak keberatan memberikan kesempatan pada junior-juniornya untuk tampil di Olimpiade tahun 2012 mendatang, tapi bukan karena Taufik diminta mengundurkan diri karena poinnya lebih tinggi dari junior-juniornya.
    But Taufik expressed no objection in principle gives way to the junior-juniors to perform at the Olympics in 2012, but not because Taufik asked to resign because it point higher than the junior-junior.

Taufik Hidayat berharap agar junior-juniornya mampu menggesernya melalui prestasi murni.
    Taufik Hidayat hopes for junior-juniors be able to slide through genuine achievement.
    Sebuah tantangan manis dari seorang Taufik Hidayat untuk atlit tunggal putra Indonesia lainnya agar mampu melanjutkan estafet tunggal putra Indonesia dari Taufik Hidayat.
    A nice challenge from a Taufik Hidayat to athletes of other Indonesian men's singles to be able to continue the relay men's singles Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.

After watch SS defeated by PG at Sudirman Cup 2011 and then Sony DK still injury, i think a TH still be required in INA squad for OG 2012.
    In fact, until now no one is looking or be indication can replace TH even SS. Maybe SS is younger than TH but not into category young player. Be caused Simon Santono is 26 years old now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luvina View Post
    After watch SS defeated by PG at Sudirman Cup 2011 and then Sony DK still injury, i think a TH still be required in INA squad for OG 2012.
    In fact, until now no one is looking or be indication can replace TH even SS. Maybe SS is younger than TH but not into category young player. Be caused Simon Santono is 26 years old now.
    I wonder how Li Mao is faring with his coaching job in Indonesia.
    I have not seen him at tournaments where Ina players have played, till now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    I wonder how Li Mao is faring with his coaching job in Indonesia.
    I have not seen him at tournaments where Ina players have played, till now.
    The same as my curiosity

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked that question many times too. All we got for an answer is LM is on leave in China
    I don't want to speculate but to me thats a bit strange

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    An excerpt:

let's hope the Indonesian Juniors do their best in this year to catch up with Taufik's performance.. otherwise, i think it's still better to just sent him, although it will be difficult if Taufik is against LCW or LD..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luvina View Post
    i agree with u....
    i think SS still more mentality coaching to be like TH in peak perform....

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Taufik 'upset' over Indonesia badminton slump

Taufik 'upset' over Indonesia badminton slump

AFP, Thu Jun 9, 4:14 am ET

JAKARTA (AFP) – Ex-Olympic badminton champion Taufik Hidayat has slammed Indonesia's men over their dire showing at the Sudirman Cup, with one top official to call for an "urgent" fix, a report said Thursday.

An angry Taufik lashed out after the men managed just one singles win at the world mixed-teams championship held last month in China, only a year away from the 2012 London Olympics.

"The young players did not show the fighting spirit during the Sudirman Cup, and I?m upset," Taufik said, according to the Jakarta Globe.

"Can you tell me which Indonesian is in the top 10 ranking besides me? I really hope somebody can replace me once the Olympics come along."

Full story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110609...20110609081423

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taufik skill and game plan is still the best. Look at how the young Chen Yuekun simply had no answer. You have to possess good speed and power to defeat Taufik, not with skills.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T63_vMMWBtA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hidayat as the no.1 seed in LiNing SO 2011, has been defeated by Wang ZhengMing (non seeded player) .. a bad start before Indonesia Premier SS
    really, compared to Gade as another veteran yet even older than him, his consistency is too dissappointing
    while he's showing generous support for his junior, I hope he still display a true fighting spirit that'll inspire his junior even further

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast