User Tag List

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 867 of 1379

Thread: Taufik Hidayat

  1. #851
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,666
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Taufik, Liliyana Pull Out of Sudirman Cup Squad

    Taufik, Liliyana Pull Out of Sudirman Cup Squad

    Ami Afriatni | May 18, 2011

    The Indonesian Badminton Association on Wednesday said it respected Taufik Hidayat’s decision not to play in next week’s Sudirman Cup after the men’s singles shuttler was called up for the national team to boost its ranking in the tournament.

    Hadi Nasri, head of the athletes’ development at the association, also known as PBSI, said Taufik’s name was included in the Indonesia roster to get a better seeding in the tournament, which will be held in Qingdao, China on May 22-30.

    “We had an agreement that we would name him to the squad for seeding purposes, while we would let him decide whether to play or not,” Hadi told the Jakarta Globe.

    “He decided not to play and we respect his decision.”

    Taufik said on Tuesday that he withdrew from the Cup because he believed “a younger shuttler was more deserving of his slot.”

    “I think this is the right time for the younger generation to have a bigger role in representing our country in major international tournaments,” he said.

    Full story: http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sport...p-squad/441750

  2. #852
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For a player like taufik to make way for his younger country men in the coming sudirman cup

    is .... u n b e l i e v a b l e ...

  3. #853
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,666
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    For a player like taufik to make way for his younger country men in the coming sudirman cup

    is .... u n b e l i e v a b l e ...
    Problem seems, the younger shuttlers are not very eager to take his place!!

  4. #854
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    with all due respect to taufik, imo its a good decision to withdraw from the tournament. He had criticized PBSI publicly before for not bringing up younger generation players to carry the traditionally strong INA badminton squad. Now that PBSI gathered a bunch of young talents it only fits for him to step down and really give the youngsters chances to gain experience and prove themselves on the international stage.

  5. #855
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes good decision by TH. I was already wondering why he was still on the list.

  6. #856
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,666
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Yes good decision by TH. I was already wondering why he was still on the list.
    Because for the rest, the way things are just now, you may as well just toss a coin...

  7. #857
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nice pic buddy.... thank u

  8. #858
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,666
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Taufik Hidayat and the 2012 London Olympics

    An excerpt:


    Still on the show Celebrity Smash, Taufik Bulutangkis.com asked whether still have the desire to perform at the London Olympics in August 2012.
    Taufik mengungkapkan secara pribadi masih ada keinginan untuk mengulang sukses yang sama seperti di Olimpiade Athena tahun 2004.
    Taufik disclose personally still have a desire to repeat the same success as Olympic Games in Athens in 2004.
    Namun Taufik menyatakan pada prinsipnya tidak keberatan memberikan kesempatan pada junior-juniornya untuk tampil di Olimpiade tahun 2012 mendatang, tapi bukan karena Taufik diminta mengundurkan diri karena poinnya lebih tinggi dari junior-juniornya.
    But Taufik expressed no objection in principle gives way to the junior-juniors to perform at the Olympics in 2012, but not because Taufik asked to resign because it point higher than the junior-junior.


    Taufik Hidayat berharap agar junior-juniornya mampu menggesernya melalui prestasi murni.
    Taufik Hidayat hopes for junior-juniors be able to slide through genuine achievement.
    Sebuah tantangan manis dari seorang Taufik Hidayat untuk atlit tunggal putra Indonesia lainnya agar mampu melanjutkan estafet tunggal putra Indonesia dari Taufik Hidayat.
    A nice challenge from a Taufik Hidayat to athletes of other Indonesian men's singles to be able to continue the relay men's singles Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.

    Full story: http://www.bulutangkis.com/mod.php?m...cle&artid=6998

  9. #859
    Regular Member luvina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    An excerpt:


    Still on the show Celebrity Smash, Taufik Bulutangkis.com asked whether still have the desire to perform at the London Olympics in August 2012.
    Taufik mengungkapkan secara pribadi masih ada keinginan untuk mengulang sukses yang sama seperti di Olimpiade Athena tahun 2004.
    Taufik disclose personally still have a desire to repeat the same success as Olympic Games in Athens in 2004.
    Namun Taufik menyatakan pada prinsipnya tidak keberatan memberikan kesempatan pada junior-juniornya untuk tampil di Olimpiade tahun 2012 mendatang, tapi bukan karena Taufik diminta mengundurkan diri karena poinnya lebih tinggi dari junior-juniornya.
    But Taufik expressed no objection in principle gives way to the junior-juniors to perform at the Olympics in 2012, but not because Taufik asked to resign because it point higher than the junior-junior.


    Taufik Hidayat berharap agar junior-juniornya mampu menggesernya melalui prestasi murni.
    Taufik Hidayat hopes for junior-juniors be able to slide through genuine achievement.
    Sebuah tantangan manis dari seorang Taufik Hidayat untuk atlit tunggal putra Indonesia lainnya agar mampu melanjutkan estafet tunggal putra Indonesia dari Taufik Hidayat.
    A nice challenge from a Taufik Hidayat to athletes of other Indonesian men's singles to be able to continue the relay men's singles Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.

    Full story: http://www.bulutangkis.com/mod.php?m...cle&artid=6998
    After watch SS defeated by PG at Sudirman Cup 2011 and then Sony DK still injury, i think a TH still be required in INA squad for OG 2012.
    In fact, until now no one is looking or be indication can replace TH even SS. Maybe SS is younger than TH but not into category young player. Be caused Simon Santono is 26 years old now.

  10. #860
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvina View Post
    After watch SS defeated by PG at Sudirman Cup 2011 and then Sony DK still injury, i think a TH still be required in INA squad for OG 2012.
    In fact, until now no one is looking or be indication can replace TH even SS. Maybe SS is younger than TH but not into category young player. Be caused Simon Santono is 26 years old now.
    I wonder how Li Mao is faring with his coaching job in Indonesia.
    I have not seen him at tournaments where Ina players have played, till now.

  11. #861
    Regular Member luvina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    I wonder how Li Mao is faring with his coaching job in Indonesia.
    I have not seen him at tournaments where Ina players have played, till now.
    The same as my curiosity

  12. #862
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I asked that question many times too. All we got for an answer is LM is on leave in China
    I don't want to speculate but to me thats a bit strange

  13. #863
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    An excerpt:


    Still on the show Celebrity Smash, Taufik Bulutangkis.com asked whether still have the desire to perform at the London Olympics in August 2012.
    Taufik mengungkapkan secara pribadi masih ada keinginan untuk mengulang sukses yang sama seperti di Olimpiade Athena tahun 2004.
    Taufik disclose personally still have a desire to repeat the same success as Olympic Games in Athens in 2004.
    Namun Taufik menyatakan pada prinsipnya tidak keberatan memberikan kesempatan pada junior-juniornya untuk tampil di Olimpiade tahun 2012 mendatang, tapi bukan karena Taufik diminta mengundurkan diri karena poinnya lebih tinggi dari junior-juniornya.
    But Taufik expressed no objection in principle gives way to the junior-juniors to perform at the Olympics in 2012, but not because Taufik asked to resign because it point higher than the junior-junior.


    Taufik Hidayat berharap agar junior-juniornya mampu menggesernya melalui prestasi murni.
    Taufik Hidayat hopes for junior-juniors be able to slide through genuine achievement.
    Sebuah tantangan manis dari seorang Taufik Hidayat untuk atlit tunggal putra Indonesia lainnya agar mampu melanjutkan estafet tunggal putra Indonesia dari Taufik Hidayat.
    A nice challenge from a Taufik Hidayat to athletes of other Indonesian men's singles to be able to continue the relay men's singles Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.

    Full story: http://www.bulutangkis.com/mod.php?m...cle&artid=6998
    let's hope the Indonesian Juniors do their best in this year to catch up with Taufik's performance.. otherwise, i think it's still better to just sent him, although it will be difficult if Taufik is against LCW or LD..

  14. #864
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    solo
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvina View Post
    After watch SS defeated by PG at Sudirman Cup 2011 and then Sony DK still injury, i think a TH still be required in INA squad for OG 2012.
    In fact, until now no one is looking or be indication can replace TH even SS. Maybe SS is younger than TH but not into category young player. Be caused Simon Santono is 26 years old now.
    i agree with u....
    i think SS still more mentality coaching to be like TH in peak perform....

  15. #865
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,666
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Taufik 'upset' over Indonesia badminton slump

    Taufik 'upset' over Indonesia badminton slump

    AFP, Thu Jun 9, 4:14 am ET

    JAKARTA (AFP) – Ex-Olympic badminton champion Taufik Hidayat has slammed Indonesia's men over their dire showing at the Sudirman Cup, with one top official to call for an "urgent" fix, a report said Thursday.

    An angry Taufik lashed out after the men managed just one singles win at the world mixed-teams championship held last month in China, only a year away from the 2012 London Olympics.

    "The young players did not show the fighting spirit during the Sudirman Cup, and I?m upset," Taufik said, according to the Jakarta Globe.

    "Can you tell me which Indonesian is in the top 10 ranking besides me? I really hope somebody can replace me once the Olympics come along."

    Full story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110609...20110609081423

  16. #866
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    village
    Posts
    1,996
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Taufik skill and game plan is still the best. Look at how the young Chen Yuekun simply had no answer. You have to possess good speed and power to defeat Taufik, not with skills.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T63_vMMWBtA

  17. #867
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hidayat as the no.1 seed in LiNing SO 2011, has been defeated by Wang ZhengMing (non seeded player) .. a bad start before Indonesia Premier SS
    really, compared to Gade as another veteran yet even older than him, his consistency is too dissappointing
    while he's showing generous support for his junior, I hope he still display a true fighting spirit that'll inspire his junior even further

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Taufik Black and Gold shirt, Taufik Hidayat Line.
    By James. in forum Market Place
    Replies: 6
    : 11-03-2010, 12:28 PM
  2. Taufik Hidayat in TO Dec. 27
    By lalanthier in forum Canada East
    Replies: 107
    : 01-10-2009, 08:09 PM
  3. Taufik Hidayat
    By AzNl3oi89 in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 20
    : 04-11-2006, 01:10 AM
  4. Taufik Hidayat
    By hidayat fan in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 1
    : 05-07-2005, 01:45 AM
  5. Taufik Hidayat
    By Pebulutangkis in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 8
    : 04-26-2004, 01:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •