User Tag List

Page 64 of 82 FirstFirst ... 14 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,072 to 1,088 of 1379

Thread: Taufik Hidayat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But he just beat a crop of young guys during the Axiata cup finals?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Taufik pulls out of the 2012 Badminton Asia Championships

Quote Originally Posted by jks_niceguy View Post
    Another sad news from TH, he retired at first round of BAC 2012. TH knew that he is not young and his physic is not at the top anymore, then why force himself to plays in too many tournaments.
    Only to loose at the first round. Too bad....
    I have just posted the news about Taufik pulling out of the 2012 Badminton Asia Championships in this link:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...84#post1883184

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taufik. His name remains not only popular but always strikes the minds of fans and amateur badminton followers as 'genius'.

To me he is and will always be the youngest player to be a 'child prodigy'. Unlike LCW who was only romp into BAM around 17ish. Too many that is considered late. But LCW turn out to be a late bloomer. In fact a world champion late bloomer.

Taufik, though a 'prodigy' due to his burst not only into the badminton scene but also scalped a handful of senior players who possessed much more experienced and 'worth of salt' than him - in this still slows down due to age.

And I am afraid that will ultimately happen to LCW too. No matter how much of a genius or talented player you are. As age comes up against you, you are no longer able to sustain and recover from training, don't even talk about tournaments.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Taufik warns of English challenge after winning Axiata Cup
    Sunday, April 15, 2012

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=61912

Excerpts:

Taufik Hidayat has taken on the persona of elder brother to his teammates and like an elder sibling, he knows when to encourage and when to chide them.

...“I consider all of them to be part of my (Indonesian) family and I want them to do well. Unfortunately, right now, only our doubles pairs have shown better results,” said Taufik, who posed for pictures with his daughter Natarina Alika Hidayat (above), after Sunday’s finals.

The former Asian champion explained the Thomas Cup would be a much harder after Indonesia were drawn to meet China and England in the group stages.

“Only the top two teams will progress to the quarter-finals and we cannot underestimate the English team. It would be easy and this is why I hope the younger singles players will be able to rise to the challenge from now till then,”

...Taufik is the only player to have played in all six matches in the Axiata Cup and he finished with a 100% winning record.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Name:  taufik-hidayat-indonesia-returns-shot-20120425-062414-875.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  26.6 KB
    Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia returns a shot against Yu Hun of Hong Kong during the Yonex-Sunrise India Open 2012 badminton tournament at the Siri Fort Sports Complex in New Delhi on April 25, 2012. AFP PHOTO/ MANAN VATSYAYANA (Photo credit should read MANAN VATSYAYANA/AFP/Getty Images)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hidayat: I can still win Olympics
    By Shrikant Shankar
    Wednesday 25th April 2012

http://www.espnstar.com/other-sports...-win-Olympics/

Excerpts:

...Hidayat beat Yun Hu of Hong Kong 21-11, 21-19 in the ongoing Indian Open Super Series badminton championships at the Siri Fort Sports Complex in New Delhi on Wednesday. “Yes, I have a chance of winning the Olympics. Every player who plays in the Olympics has a chance to win,” said the 7th seed after winning the match.

“Sometimes you have luck. Like in 2004, my ranking was 16 but I managed to win. You need luck to win big tournaments,” added Hidayat. “I mean, it’s not only luck. You need to perform also. But the most important thing is talent.”

The London Olympics will be Hidayat’s fourth Games and he said this could be his last chance. “I’ll be too old in another four years’ time. So, probably this could be my last shot at another Olympics gold medal,” he quipped.

...Last year, the Indonesian maestro lost in the quarter-finals at the Indian Open. Asked about his possibilities this time around he said, “I want to take it one game at a time. I will concentrate on tomorrow’s opponent. I’m playing Zhengming Wang of China. If I win then I play world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, so not looking too far ahead.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think, if Taufik can win any medal in this coming olympic(gold, silver, or bronze), It is already considered as a surprise. At this state, i'm not sure if he can beat Chen Long to get Bronze. Hopefully Chen Long choked at the olympic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Hidayat: I can still win Olympics
    By Shrikant Shankar
    Wednesday 25th April 2012

http://www.espnstar.com/other-sports...-win-Olympics/

Excerpts:

...Hidayat beat Yun Hu of Hong Kong 21-11, 21-19 in the ongoing Indian Open Super Series badminton championships at the Siri Fort Sports Complex in New Delhi on Wednesday. “Yes, I have a chance of winning the Olympics. Every player who plays in the Olympics has a chance to win,” said the 7th seed after winning the match.

“Sometimes you have luck. Like in 2004, my ranking was 16 but I managed to win. You need luck to win big tournaments,” added Hidayat. “I mean, it’s not only luck. You need to perform also. But the most important thing is talent.”

The London Olympics will be Hidayat’s fourth Games and he said this could be his last chance. “I’ll be too old in another four years’ time. So, probably this could be my last shot at another Olympics gold medal,” he quipped.

...Last year, the Indonesian maestro lost in the quarter-finals at the Indian Open. Asked about his possibilities this time around he said, “I want to take it one game at a time. I will concentrate on tomorrow’s opponent. I’m playing Zhengming Wang of China. If I win then I play world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, so not looking too far ahead.”
    Sir Taufik, please win gold in this coming olympics and silence all your critics, ESPECIALLY MIQILIN7 aka MIQI MOUSE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistically, I think a bronze will be as good as it gets, but that in itself will be quite an achievement for TH.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    Sir Taufik, please win gold in this coming olympics and silence all your critics, ESPECIALLY MIQILIN7 aka MIQI MOUSE
    Taufik Hidayat knows that Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei are the 2 players most expected to win the 2012 Olympic Gold medal.

IMHO, if Taufik can defeat one of them, then only will he have a 50% chance of winning the 2012 Olympic Gold medal.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 04-26-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Taufik Hidayat knows that Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei are the 2 players most expected to win the 2012 Olympic Gold medal.

IMHO, if Taufik can defeat one of them, then only will he has a 50% chance of winning the 2012 Olympic Gold medal.
    Hmm, so you give him 50/50 chance of beating them? I think that is generous considering taufik hasnt beat lin since 2005 and int the past three years LCW leads TH 8-1..... According to the WBF h2h.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey James, did you considered the Asian Games 2006 as well? TH beat Lin Dan there fair and square.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Hmm, so you give him 50/50 chance of beating them? I think that is generous considering taufik hasnt beat lin since 2005 and int the past three years LCW leads TH 8-1..... According to the WBF h2h.
    I said "If Taufik can defeat one of them, then only will he have a 50% chance of winning the 2012 Olympic Gold medal".

What I meant was: As soon as Taufik can defeat one of them (either Lin Dan or Lee Chong Wei), he will be as good as the top 2 players in the world, therefore he will have a 50% chance of winning the 2012 Olympic Gold medal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan92 View Post
    Hey James, did you considered the Asian Games 2006 as well? TH beat Lin Dan there fair and square.
    Nope, just looked at BWF head to head.

Ok, so once in 6 yrs...... sound much better than once in 7!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee Chong Wei will struggle tomorrow because he is not going to smash a lot against Taufik...when you play against Taufik, trickshots wont work effectively against him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taufik changed his racket for the India Open 2012. I saw it when he was facing LCW and was applying some grip powder O.o anyone know which racket ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perfektion View Post
    Taufik changed his racket for the India Open 2012. I saw it when he was facing LCW and was applying some grip powder O.o anyone know which racket ?
    \
    Arcsaber 10 Premium 2012

Page 64 of 82 FirstFirst ... 14 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast