User Tag List

Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 18 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast
Results 1,140 to 1,156 of 1379

Thread: Taufik Hidayat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    I remember nothing but notable defeats in the hands of Viktor Axelsen, Marc Zwiebler, Lee Chong Wei and most recently Chong Wei Feng.

As it stands, even Marc Zwiebler has won his last two encounters against Taufik Hidayat.
    Thoose are good player. And why just by some loses then you have right to say that he should retired. Despite some loses he still have much more winning and progres till the last stage of a tournaments than kicked out at early rounds. How about Chen Long, Chen Jin, Kenichi Tago, Peter Gade and others. You want tell them to get retirement too ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where you got that ?? from a book ???
    Hope someone could translate it to english. I don't think I'm capable to do it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wrote on his twitter he won't retire till after Indonesia Open 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    In the picture post by Duke Chen he say that he will be retired after IO 2013

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

confusing ok thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He mentioned in an interview somewhere that his YY contract runs at least until then, so he will be around to fulfil his obligations....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah it is true, INA OPEN 2013 will be his last tournament because he said there was so many memories about INA OPEN, but before that he will play in sometournament including local competition in china (i bet he has to many fans there), French Superseries and All England (last hope) so far those country is really meant a lot for his career, and than he will be a trainer for the youngsters at TH Arena, good luck for taufik

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TH will playing selective tourney until INA SSP next year as his farewell event...

Taufik Hidayat Ready to Put Finishing Touches on Successful Career

Ami Afriatni | August 15, 2012

With the London Games as his final Olympics event, Taufik Hidayat is preparing to close the final curtain on his career.

The former Olympic and world champion announced his official retirement from the national team and will make a few appearances before ending his long and decorated career at the 2013 Indonesia Open in June.

Im officially retired from the badminton, Taufik said on Wednesday, just five days after his 31st birthday. But I will play in select tournaments as a farewell. I plan to make a memorable farewell celebration in the 2013 Indonesia Open.

He will play in the Japan Open, French Open and China Open this year, and next years Malaysia Open, All England and Indonesia Open.

I have good memories from these tournaments and I have many friends and fans in China, Taufik said.
    --------------------------------------------
    Full article : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badminton/taufik-hidayat-ready-to-put-finishing-touches-on-successful-career/538482
    Last edited by CLELY; 08-15-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

excuse me, i wanna cry now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My free translation from INA local newspaper KOMPAS article on 15 Aug 2012:

JAKARTA, Kompas.com - shuttlers Taufik Hidayat decided to retire from his professional career, and dedicated himself to coaching young athletes in Indonesia.

Taufik, 2005 badminton world champion and 2004 Olympic gold medalist said in Jakarta on Wednesday (8/15/2012), that he would stop completely his professional career after Indonesia Open 2013 as planned.

"I will focus on developing Taufik Hidayat Arena (THA), especially in coaching young athletes potential," said Taufik.

In developing the THA at Ciracas, East Jakarta, he will also cooperate with badminton clubs in Indonesia, including his club "SGS Bandung, West Java".

Besides cooperating with clubs, he said, he along with a team that has been formed, will directly monitor the seeds of athletes, including monitoring the Indonesia National Circuit (SIRNAS) matches that have been going well in Indonesia.

"We will assist talented young athletes to develop their capabilities," said Taufik whom is Minister of Women Empowerment (Linda Gumelar)'s son in-law.

Taufik admitted, THA will also provide an opportunity for young athletes who come from poor families to join. All expenses including accommodation will be borne entirely.

"Percentage of athletes who will be fully assisted is 20 percent of the total that will be recruited. The recruitment process will be done after Lebaran Ied Fitri," said the Asian Games gold medalist in 2002 and 2006.

In developing the THA, Taufik will be fully supported by several experienced coaches including his coach who has been supporting him in both national and international arena, Mulyo Handoyo.

"A lot of young talent there. So we will assist in developing the capability of those athletes," said Mulyo optimistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    TH beat LCW in the WC. This should silence his critics. TH is not finished yet, when he's in motivated form he still can beat anyone.
    So TH was not in the motivated form so many times, that's why he already lost 126 times, includes 3 editions of Olympics (2000, 2008 & 2012), 6 editions of World Championships (1999, 2003, 2007 - 2011)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    I like Taufik style better compared to Lin Dan because it's so natural and doesn't require much effort. It's easier for a normal person to aspire to play like Taufik. It's because he doesn't use much energy in his game and despite this, his shots are so effective in winning points.
    TH doesn't use much energy in his game ? and why he can't win back to back titles (in 2 consecutive weeks) in his entire career, especially when he still young ? TH shots are so effective in winning points ? And why he can't win as many titles as Lin Dan. Plus why he already lost 126 times ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    TH doesn't use much energy in his game ? and why he can't win back to back titles (in 2 consecutive weeks) in his entire career, especially when he still young ? TH shots are so effective in winning points ? And why he can't win as many titles as Lin Dan. Plus why he already lost 126 times ?
    According to your logic, a player that does not use much energy should win back to back titles, on top of that, he should also win as many titles as Lin Dan, and also is not allowed to lose 126 times...

I don't understand why an interpretation of one's playing style is connected to achievements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habsq View Post
    According to your logic, a player that does not use much energy should win back to back titles
    Absolutely ! So many times TH played back to back tournaments, but he never won it, even when he was young. Young and not use much energy in his game, so why he never can't win 2 titles in a row ?
    Quote Originally Posted by habsq View Post
    on top of that, he should also win as many titles as Lin Dan, and also is not allowed to lose 126 times...I don't understand why an interpretation of one's playing style is connected to achievements
    Lin Dan and TH already played for 521 times, TH lost 126 times, L D < 50 times. Even Lin Dan can't say that his shots so effective, so where is the logic if TH can say it ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops, L D lost 63 times, not only < 50 times, but still, it's only 50% compare to TH (126 times) . TH shots are so effective in winning points ? If yes, surely he can win the match with easily and win more matches compare to L D