User Tag List

Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,207 of 1386

Thread: Taufik Hidayat

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would like to join their replies too
    haha
    but i dont have time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody needs to forward this thread to 6 Innocent-Sounding Topics That Are Guaranteed Flame Wars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I salute them for their passions, keep it up, I am learning a lot about INA players from them !!

To me, whenever I see the draw of a tournament, I always regard Taufik as Lin Dan's nightmare while Lin Dan is Lee Chong Wei's and LCW is Taufik's hahahaha ... vicious triangle - something like "rock, scissors and paper" !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    There has been a lot of time and effort spent on targeting INA players, past and present....
    Something I found hilarious is... the "shooters" are always targeting at their failures and defeats while conveniently ignoring all their achievements and victories.

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    This show that they are the real badminton fans. I salute them. Hats off.
    I'm sorry? If they are the real badminton fans, then what do you call me, limsy, kak helang, badMania.... and all the moderators?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    I'm sorry? If they are the real badminton fans, then what do you call me, limsy, kak helang, badMania.... and all the moderators?

Don't be mad. Badminton fanatics, maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Don't be mad. Badminton fanatics, maybe?
    Hmm, actually... I'm divided between "classy" badminton fans and "casual" badminton fans. Which one sounds better?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Hmm, actually... I'm divided between "classy" badminton fans and "casual" badminton fans. Which one sounds better?
    Of course the former.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apart from age catching up, I think Taufik has lost his "eye of the tiger" ... the HUNGER of 2003-2004, when he ruled supreme and conquered all before him except ALL ENGLAND ...

However, having said that, I "feel" that Taufik will build up a strong headwind and win his last and final INA OPEN 2013 - he will want to end his Indonesian badminton career at home with a real bash !!

Any bets ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enough with the statistics, I'm getting cross-eyed

I like this post. But I can't make the 'like' button to work. It just says java script. Why???

Yes, a player's character and humbleness in stature and personality, all plays a big part in the 'likeability' department by both sport fanatics and average idollation. You don't have to win the most titles or the most coveted Olympic gold. Have we already forgotten the 'Skills wins medals and titles, attitude wins hearts' tagline for LCW?

I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Renmazuo27 View Post
    Taufik is definitely not the most prolific in terms of titles, even during his prime. However when he did win them, it was in such a way/style that made him unique. I can't recall anyone who could make the game look so easy due to his playing style or anyone who had a stronger backhand.

There will always be better players, players who win more titles and more gold medals. That comparison is pointless because we already know who they are. In that right, they themselves are Legends of the game.

But in terms of personality, and playing style. There will only be one Taufik Hidayat. Regardless of how many titles or medals he won. I respect him for the player and the person he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO,

Lin Dan and LCW are badminton "machines" - well trained, well-drilled, consistent etc ... something like Roger Federer, Pete Sampras (tennis) and Michael Schumacher (F1)

Taufik will be to me like John McEnroe (tennis) and Aryton Senna (F1) - temperamental GENIUS with unbelievable skills when their winds blow !! They don't win a lot but when they do .... with style and awesome displays that burns into memory !!

That is how I see them ...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    Apart from age catching up, I think Taufik has lost his "eye of the tiger" ... the HUNGER of 2003-2004, when he ruled supreme and conquered all before him except ALL ENGLAND ...

However, having said that, I "feel" that Taufik will build up a strong headwind and win his last and final INA OPEN 2013 - he will want to end his Indonesian badminton career at home with a real bash !!

Any bets ?
    PG had the same goal.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any bets ?
    He won't get past q/final!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A record 7th Indonesian Open title, that'd be nice wouldn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Taufik makes it to the INA OPEN 2013 Final, there is no place on Earth that will ROCK for badminton like Istora Senayan IF he wins it !!

That will be a TICKET to get / die for ... for the atmosphere ...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If Taufik makes it to the INA OPEN 2013 Final, there is no place on Earth that will ROCK for badminton like Istora Senayan IF he wins it !!

That will be a TICKET to get / die for ... for the atmosphere ...
    True.... so true!

BUT....
    "Earth calling maxout... come in, maxout..... Sir, I think we've lost maxout to the alternate reality..."

Look, he is a professional, and he is not from a team that believes in assists. He won't be getting any free rides. Second-stringers from everywhere beat him nowadays; Simon and Sony beat him now, when they wouldn't have stood a chance 2 years ago...

Taufik's best days are behind him; he is a spent force now, and he knows it; he is just playing out his contractual obligations until next year. But I still feel privileged to be able to watch the magician at work. I'll take what he can give, and be very, very happy for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imho,

lin dan and lcw are badminton "machines" - well trained, well-drilled, consistent etc ... Something like roger federer, pete sampras (tennis) and michael schumacher (f1)

taufik will be to me like john mcenroe (tennis) and aryton senna (f1) - temperamental genius with unbelievable skills when their winds blow !! They don't win a lot but when they do .... With style and awesome displays that burns into memory !!

That is how i see them ...
    qft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    There has been a lot of time and effort spent on these replies.
    Reading the replies already took many time and effort. I can't imagine researching and writing those.

21 gun salute !!!