User Tag List

Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 20 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast
Results 1,174 to 1,190 of 1386

Thread: Taufik Hidayat

  1. #1174
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    What's so special about Chen Hong you say? 13 titles, including 2 All England titles. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    And was he not a constant top ten player that at some point had the Nr. 1 ranking in the world? Stop trying to downplay what Chen Hong has done to make Taufik look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    Xia Xuanze on the other hand did "only" win 10 titles
    Xia only win 9 titles during his carrer, World GP Finals also not count by BWF. But how much titles that CH can win before the "big blow" for XXZ in 2004 ? Only 8 titles. Why "big blow" ? Bcoz Xia was the reigning world champion, but lose the ticket to 2004 OG, despite his ranking is in top 8 (the rule is max 3 MS in top 8 for 2004 OG).
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    and the same amount of major ones as Chen Hong , One World Championship Medal medal and 1 All England.
    AE = major title ? XXZ & CH = China player and China looks down to AE . mickey mouse title for China but you call it major title ? according to who CH won 1 major title ? hahaha . Are you CBA leader ? China & Korea (#1 and #3 the strongest countries in badminton) looks down to mickey mouse title all england. read post #96, 97 and 98 of this thread : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...s-Finals/page6
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    His stats vs Taufik is also 2-2 on the BWF site so thas does not really make Taufik look BAD in comparison, seeing as Lin Dan's stats are 5-4 and Lee Chong Wei's is actually behind in the count by 1-2. Chen Hong was ALSO ahead of him by 2-1. So bringing Xia Xuanze into the discussion does not downplay Taufik at all.
    True. Doesn't downplay TH at all. But why you only involved CH and not the others ? Before the big blow, Chen won less titles than Xia, and never won any major, even until he retire. And before the big blow, @ 2004 TC, LYB / CBA choose Xia to play in SF and Final. Where is Chen Hong ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    So... Chen Jin has won 1 major and "only" 11 titles, do you think he will be able to match Taufik's record?
    Still possible, bcoz he only needs another 11 titles to make it 22 official titles. Remember, TH won 25 titles, but AG and SEA Games not official, so only 21 titles. hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    That makes it 4/6-14/16 in reality vs Lin Dan seeing as we don't know if Chen Jin would have been able to beat Lin Dan during those occasions.
    What is 4/6-14/16 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    He has also not won more times than Taufik has vs Lin Dan since you mentioned he has been gifted the win at least 2 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    so Taufiks stats might be better than Chen Jins . And Chen Jin vs LCW is 2-10 vs Lee Chong Wei, this time Taufik has much better stats. And Taufik has managed to win vs Chen Jin in a major, the 2012 All England encounter.
    TH stats vs L D / LCW is better than CJ vs L D / LCW, SO WHAT ? Then why TH can't make the better stats vs Chen Jin itself ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    Bao Chunlai's stats vs Lin Dan is 5-20, arguably worse than Taufiks, with the same amount of wins but slightly more losses. And we know that his results against Lee Chong Wei is also worse than Taufiks. His result vs Peter Gade is also worse than Taufiks ( 4-6 and Taufiks are 9-8 according to the BWF site). And again Chen Hong is ahead vs Bao with 5-2 to Chen Hong. All these stats show how great a player Chen Hong was and it only makes it even more interesting that Taufik was able to beat him so regularly .
    TH stats vs L D / LCW / PGC is better than BCL vs L D / LCW. So why TH can't make the better stats vs BCL itself ? Hahaha . Let me ask you 1 question : what is the point to involved other player when it is useless ? .

  2. #1175
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    And about all these Chinese players, they never had to face each other in a Thomas or Sudirman cup so their H2H vs Lin Dan might even be worse, or perhaps better? But that is one big IF so yeah, almost impossible to discuss.
    Still like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    Also, a side note, about major tournaments... World Championship used to be only every other year right? Taufik might have won at least another one if they were an annual event before 2006? And does it not make it easier for players nowadays to win more "majors" than it was before? But yeah, there should not be any "ifs or buts" in sports, it makes arguing about it very hard.
    Since 1998 - 2003, what kind of major title that he ever won ??? Add it in 2002, can he win it ? Yes, if he didn't meet China players in fit condition. .
    1999 WC : lost to Sun Jun
    2000 OG : lost to Ji Xinpeng
    2003 WC : lost to BCL
    2006 WC : lost to Chen Hong
    2009 WC : lost to Chen Jin
    2010 WC : lost to Chen Jin
    2012 OG : lost to Lin Dan
    China MS players really a nightmare for TH in individual major events hahaha .
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    I do agree with you that the 4 different countries is a important point. But it was more than just another training. It showed what most people think about this era in badminton.
    What TH can do most of the times vs L D or LCW ??? What they think about TH recently ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    I think that Chen Long will have it slightly easier than Taufik, Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan had but only because he is such a great player , so winning those titles may be easier for him. You really got me thinking about how I rate players there, thank you for that .
    CL until 20 y.o. was never played in major events (team and individual). Compare it with TH when 20 y.o. At 17, TH made his debut in 1998 AG team event, at 18 @ WC, and 19 @ OG. Which MS has the chance to make a debut in major event final @ 17 y.o ? Only TH, right ? But once the other MS get the major event experienced, it is easy for them to beat TH, and very easy for the great Lin Dan hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    If Chen Long is able to win 25 titles AND those titles include at least 4 majors(preferably one World Championship and 1 Olympic Gold, All England and Asian Games ) or more then yes, he will be as great as Taufik and Peter Gade. But do you agree about that Chen Long will probably be on another level than maybe all other players during his era, and because of that he might even dominate more than even Lee Chong Wei has done? And you do agree with me about Chen Long being from the "new" era right?
    Read again your post. You said that LCW was greater than TH, despite LCW has never won 1 major title. If CL has 22 official titles, surely CL was greater than TH...plus the fact that their H2H = 4 - 2 for CL. I only use your own argument. Pray hard for TH. If not, CL will surpass him
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    You know that Taufik used to be a much better player before than he has been the last couple of years. Only counting his h2h after he turned 27 is not the same as counting Peter Gade's at 27.
    Not really. An average 2 titles per year even in his prime is not the indication he is much better than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    Gade's level has not deteriorated at the same pace that Taufik's has. Saying Peter Gade was not able to do anything at age 27 is simply wrong.
    TH start to win over Peter most of the times when Gade was 27 years old. Before that, it is 3 - 1 or 4 - 1 for Gade. If TH lose most of the times, then what the "village champion" LCW can do ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    In fact, so late as 2011 when Peter Gade was 34 years of age he still managed to get to 5 super series semi-finals, one final(losing in 3 sets to LCW) etc and he played a 3 set vs Lin Dan at the 2011 world championship .
    In fact, 29 years old TH still can win in rubber sets vs LCW and CL in 2010. Not only played, but also win. so 26 - 28 years old TH has stamina problem ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    Age does matter for him, of course it does. But his level has never dropped as much as Taufiks did with age . Players get affected by age in slightly different ways. But if we only compare after they both turned 27 it still says that both of them only managed to win 1 time each... And PG has more losses. But I don't think that comparison is fair because of the things I mentioned above.
    You count PGC vs LCW when Gade was 27 y.o. already, but you count TH vs LCW from 20 y.o. Is it fair ?


    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    So... I don't think I agree with your reasoning . The fact stands that Taufik has beaten Lee Chong Wei 8 times, something most players never will be able to do, including great players like Peter Gade, Chen Jin and even Bao Chunlai, has Lee Chong Wei actually lost 8 times to someone outside of Lin Dan? If not it is another thing that sets Taufik above most other players.
    And 7 out of 8 times he beat LCW happened before 27 years and 7 months. More experienced than LCW, surely he can win most of the times. But when LCW get the experienced, it's very easy to handle. So many times TH only can score below than 10 pts in G1 or G2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    Yea, I know about the +stats since I mentioned them before. Did you also compare Taufik's +stats to the rest of the players during this era? Because Taufik is ahead of everyone else about the same size that Lin Dan is ahead of Taufik. And if we only use the +stat that shows that Peter Gade is a better player than LCW when we know that isn't the case...
    For LCW, relax. In shorther period, he will surpass PGC achievement. But for TH, can he do it another 95 - 100 wins to surpass PGC ??? hahaha
    Last edited by Fortune; 10-17-2012 at 12:34 AM.

  3. #1176
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    Are you seriously not including Asian Games now? You yourself included it in the H2H Lin Dan vs Taufik in your earlier post!
    I only follow your data. You count AG, of course I do the same. You only count H2H until 2006 (to make TH looks good vs other players), surely I do the same. But, the fact is, AG = unofficial BWF event. BWF not count : AG, SEAG, East AG, World Cup, World GP Finals, Copenhagen Master, Commonwealth and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    At worst it is just one step below WC and All England when it comes to prestige.
    Nice statement. But who are you ? BWF's president ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    That's the reason all the Asian top players are participating in it. Did you see how happy Lin Dan was when he finally won it in 2010?
    L D was happy or not, it won't change the fact that AG = unofficial BWF event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    It was then he had truly won EVERYTHING he was able to win in badminton. Quoting wikipedia: "...by the age of 28 Lin had completed the "Super Grand Slam", having won all nine major titles in world badminton: Olympic Games, World Championships, World Cup, Thomas Cup, Sudirman Cup, Super Series Masters Finals, All England Open, Asian Games, and Asia Championships, becoming the first and only player to achieve this feat.[6][7]"
    That is according to wikipedia. AE & ABC = major titles and China Open not major title. But according to BWF, China = AE, and 2 level higher than ABC http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    Now way it does not count. You know you only said that to make Taufik look worse. So of course I count it in the H2H and in Taufiks titles.
    L D vs TH H2H in AG = 3 - 2. If I count AG, it is good for L D. LOL. If we include AG, their H2H should be 16 - 5 (+ 11 for L D), compare to + 10 only (13 - 3) LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    The World Cup was only active during 2 years this era. 2005-2006. And yes I count them. Do you have the results from it? Please share it if you want.
    2005 World Cup SF : L D vs Chen Hong = 21 - 14, 6 - 21, 21 - 6. Source :
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...i-finals/page3
    In total, should be 6 - 5 for L D. But I still not count World Cup result, bcoz BWF also not count. World Cup also unofficial BWF tourney . One thing also, CH beat TH in 2006 edition, but surely not count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    I don't know how seriously the top players think that CBL is. And that BCL have won over Taufik there does not change anything I said, frankly I'm not even surprised that BCL won considering the great team player he is. It still does not change the fact I mentioned about Taufik winning twice the times Bao has over LCW.
    TH win in AG 06 also not count if CBL not count. Maybe TH not serious, bcoz he know, even if he is serious, he can't beat BCL in China hehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    And the last thing is simply not true. Taufik won 8 titles before 2003. And now he has won 25 titles. And to win 25 titles is not bad when those titles include a World Championship Gold medal, 2 AG gold medals and one Olympic gold medal.
    AG and SEAG not official, so he only won 21 titles. Plus TH won 1 - 2 titles of INA open with the absence of China players. ABC 2000 also, bcoz it is also held in INA. Why ? Safety reason after the 1998 anti China riot. TH won 2004 ABC, and many Chn players doesn't there. Why ? They already qualify for OG 2004, while TH not qualify yet. TH was lucky to have that situation, that's why he can win 21 official titles. If not, no way he can win 20 official titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    Bao Chunlai was on court for about 10 years. He won his first title at the 2001 Danish Open,correct? During the following ten years he managed to win "only" 7 titles. Taufik won his first title 1999, and during his following 10 years he managed to win 20 titles. Bao Chunlai has been very unlucky when it comes to his body I think but still he has done nothing to prove that he would have been able to achieve what Taufik has done.
    TH like to compete in lower level tournament such as India open, ABC, US open, Canada open, and etc, that only attract few top MS. That's why he can win 21 official titles during his long career . If BCL also attend those tourneys, then no way TH can won it all. Remeber their H2H ? 9 - 5 for BCL. And yes, TH first ever (Open) title in Europe, also his first SS title, came when most of Asian top MS was absent due to AG preparation. Very special achievement for the 3rd best MS in this era (according to your version of course)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    Again, the only way to make Taufiks achievements in this era look bad in this era is to compare him to either Lin Dan or Lee Chong Wei.
    We are in the discussion about other players, so we have to wait for the result. No guarantee if TH only below L D and LCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    Isn't Peter Gade the most experienced MS player right now? And he still wasn't able to win more majors than Taufik? He won slightly more titles than Taufik yes. But he never won the World Championship and neither the Olympic Gold, and quality is equally as important as quantity unless we are talking about huge differences like LCW and Taufik were LCW is probably still more successful despite not having won as many majors as Taufik.
    OG and WC is just another title. TH won OG without facing China players, and won WC when fight against the extremely tired L D. If you are lucky, you can win major event. CJ is another example. No L D and no LCW, and he won the 2010 WC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    So... wall of text. The conclusion I draw from all these numbers is that Taufik Hidayat is the third best player of this era.
    What is the criteria ? # of major title(s) ? # of title(s) ? H2H ? Win - lose records ? Or what else ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    Of course he was not without fault and not as a complete player like Lin Dan or Lee Chong Wei . And if you only count his H2H vs some players you may come to a different result, but if you not only compare their H2H vs Taufik but also against other players I still think Taufik comes up on top.
    TH > CH. CH > BCL. BCL > TH. So according to you, who is better, BCL or TH ? I'm waiting your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga01 View Post
    But the amount of titles he has won and most importantly THE titles he has won places him above most players in this era with only Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan a step above.
    The amount of titles : LCW won. But if we talk about THE titles : TH won. So which is most important ?
    Last edited by Fortune; 10-17-2012 at 12:31 AM.

  4. #1177
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renmazuo27 View Post
    Taufik is definitely not the most prolific in terms of titles, even during his prime. However when he did win them, it was in such a way/style that made him unique. I can't recall anyone who could make the game look so easy due to his playing style or anyone who had a stronger backhand.
    The game look so easy ? Against who ? Against L D ? Against LCW ? Against BCL ? Or against Chen Hong ?

  5. #1178
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Giga01, please accept it. You can never win any debate with our Fortune, especially when it comes to Taufik. S/He's one of Taufik's big fan, if not the biggest. Deep inside his heart, he really idolizes Taufik. To the point of obsession, it appears to me. His extensive knowledge of Taufik's H2H record is a proof of that. Indeed, what s/he says about TH isn't quite nice, but... you know... just like when we were little kids, we used to tease, make fun of a girl we like? To imagine Fortune blushing red when he writes all those stuffs about Taufik... Oh dear, that's really cute. Very sweet of him/her. Taufik is indeed a great player. His charisma, his achievements, his moves... Those are what make him able to draw many kinds of fans... and our Fortune is no exception.Oh Taufik, how I envy you.
    That's right. I really admire taufik especially when he played against L D in 2006 Japan open, 2010 Thomas Cup, and 2012 Olympics. Very fantastic performance by TH

  6. #1179
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    “I’m officially retired from the badminton,” Taufik said on Wednesday, just five days after his 31st birthday. “But I will play in select tournaments as a farewell. I plan to make a memorable farewell celebration in the 2013 Indonesia Open.”
    I really like to see L D beat TH and win INA SSP 2013. Revenge for 2004 edition, and also the first title for China in MS since the last 20 years

  7. #1180
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow
    i saw some fanatic here

  8. #1181
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    wow
    i saw some fanatic here
    Relax, my friend.
    Fanatics/extremists make only a few percent of the community.
    But please note that it's those fanatics/extremists whose bark is loudest.
    Solution? Here in Indonesia (and perhaps in Malaysia too) we have a saying, "Anjing menggonggong, khafilah berlalu."

  9. #1182
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blue planet
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow, some real fans here, even remember many matches.

    Personally, I like Taufik match against Gade in AE final. That's when they are both young. After that, both stamina are no longer at their best, I think. Even when they won.

    Same with Haryanto Arbi, I liked to watch him when he was about 20 years old. But after that, he does not seem to have his best anymore.

    But some players are the reverse. They are more enjoyable to watch in their late 20s.

  10. #1183
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Xia only win 9 titles during his carrer, World GP Finals also not count by BWF. But how much titles that CH can win before the "big blow" for XXZ in 2004 ? Only 8 titles. Why "big blow" ? Bcoz Xia was the reigning world champion, but lose the ticket to 2004 OG, despite his ranking is in top 8 (the rule is max 3 MS in top 8 for 2004 OG). "

    How did the "big blow" affect Chen Hong's ability to win titles? Did they only send Chen Hong to individual tournaments or what was the result?

    "AE = major title ? XXZ & CH = China player and China looks down to AE . mickey mouse title for China but you call it major title ? according to who CH won 1 major title ? hahaha . Are you CBA leader ? China & Korea (#1 and #3 the strongest countries in badminton) looks down to mickey mouse title all england. read post #96, 97 and 98 of this thread : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/115597-OG12-MEN-s-Singles-Finals/page6 "

    The All England is,in most people minds, a major tournament. Just check the "Taufik Hidayat's opinion about the All England" thread.
    Quoting repentedboy : It's the opinion of many and the participation that matters. All England's attraction is not the money but the prestige. It's the prestige and history of the tournament that made the game so special.

    And also Jung Jae Sung on his BWF page :
    Memorable Sporting Achievements:
    "2008 All-England title - I really wanted to win that title"
    You could argue that Jung did not have so many majors to choose from, or that it hasn't been updated recently but why All England and not some other Super Series? The year before they had even won the Korea Open, and still All England is rated above that?
    The results from the All england vs German open during the 21st century have 11 non China or Korea winners in German vs 14 in All England, not that huge of a difference. You could read that either way. For the rest of the world, maybe it is German open that is a small tournament? And that because of that they focus more on All England instead, and as a result are able to sometimes win over Korea and China ?
    So the link you posted about it being a small tournament for China AND KOREA is wrong.
    I don't know how China thinks about the tournament though, you you may be right in that statement. Lin Dan's quote about the 100th All England comes to mind.

    But still, in most peoples minds ,including mine, and considering the above facts it IS a major tournament and I believe it should be counted as such.


    "True. Doesn't downplay TH at all. But why you only involved CH and not the others ?"

    I did involve the other players?

    "Before the big blow, Chen won less titles than Xia, and never won any major, even until he retire. And before the big blow, @ 2004 TC, LYB / CBA choose Xia to play in SF and Final. Where is Chen Hong ? "

    I don't quite follow you here. Considering the All England is a major title he won at least 1 after the "big blow". And I still don't see how the big blow affected Chen Hong's ability to win more titles than Xia.
    I guess Xia was in better shape during that tournament? Do you have the complete TC China team stats during the period they both played? Cause that would be more interesting than only mentioning 2004 TC...

    "Still possible, bcoz he only needs another 11 titles to make it 22 official titles.Remember, TH won 25 titles, but AG and SEA Games not official, so only 21 titles. hahaha "

    I think I made my point about AG. If you need more proof only read it on Lin Dans's official BWF page:
    Memorable Sporting Achievements:
    Beijing 2008 Olympic Champion, Thomas Cup Team Champion (2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012), 2010 Guangzhou Asian Games Champion, Sudirman Cup Mixed Team Championships Champion (2007, 2009, 2011), 2011 World Champion, 2011 BWF World Superseries Finals Champion. And yes, before you point that out, I know he does not mention AE.
    At most you can take away SEA games because that is a VERY regional tournament...
    But AG does count, at leas for the players and fans it does.

    What is 4/6-14/16 ?

    The stats considering we don't know who would have won those those encounters between Lin Dan and Chen Jin that Lin Dan gave away.

    "TH stats vs L D / LCW is better than CJ vs L D / LCW, SO WHAT ? Then why TH can't make the better stats vs Chen Jin itself ?"

    It needs to be included, to show how good a player Taufik is, it IS IMPORTANT to know that he was able to win more times against LD and LCW than most other players in the world! And for his result against those other players, I have no idea. But it does not take away Taufiks results vs LCW, LD, and PG.

    "TH stats vs L D / LCW / PGC is better than BCL vs L D / LCW. So why TH can't make the better stats vs BCL itself ? Hahaha . Let me ask you 1 question : what is the point to involved other player when it is useless ? "

    Read the above.

  11. #1184
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please stop being sarcastic and the like. It is completely unnecessary and it makes you look worse than you are.


    I only follow your data. You count AG, of course I do the same. You only count H2H until 2006 (to make TH looks good vs other players), surely I do the same. But, the fact is, AG = unofficial BWF event. BWF not count : AG, SEAG, East AG, World Cup, World GP Finals, Copenhagen Master, Commonwealth and etc.


    I can only speak for AG and I did in my earlier post.

    "Nice statement. But who are you ? BWF's president ?L D was happy or not, it won't change the fact that AG = unofficial BWF event.That is according to wikipedia. AE & ABC = major titles and China Open not major title. But according to BWF, China = AE, and 2 level higher than ABC http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955L D vs TH H2H in AG = 3 - 2. If I count AG, it is good for L D. LOL. "

    Yes, Lin Dan looks better, that's because he is a better player than Taufik. I never tried to make Taufik look better than Lin Dan. But it also gives Taufik 2 titles, 2 major ones.
    Yes, I know i should not have quoted wikipedia, it was stupid of me.
    You are the first one I hear about that does not count AG as a major tournament when it seems like almost everyone, player and fan, does!

    "If we include AG, their H2H should be 16 - 5 (+ 11 for L D), compare to + 10 only (13 - 3) LOL. In total, should be 6 - 5 for L D. But I still not count World Cup result, bcoz BWF also not count. World Cup also unofficial BWF tourney . One thing also, CH beat TH in 2006 edition, but surely not count. TH win in AG 06 also not count if CBL not count. Maybe TH not serious, bcoz he know, even if he is serious, he can't beat BCL in China heheheAG and SEAG not official, so he only won 21 titles. "

    I never said I did not count CBL. I have mentioned AG, so that makes it 23 titles for Taufik. When it comes to h2h between players we should, if we can, include every meeting between them in a competition setting yes? EVERY meeting except for friendly or charity matches?

    "Plus TH won 1 - 2 titles of INA open with the absence of China players. ABC 2000 also, bcoz it is also held in INA. Why ? Safety reason after the 1998 anti China riot. TH won 2004 ABC, and many Chn players doesn't there. Why ? They already qualify for OG 2004, while TH not qualify yet. TH was lucky to have that situation, that's why he can win 21 official titles. If not, no way he can win 20 official titles. TH like to compete in lower level tournament such as India open, ABC, US open, Canada open, and etc, that only attract few top MS. That's why he can win 21 official titles during his long career . If BCL also attend those tourneys, then no way TH can won it all. Remeber their H2H ? 9 - 5 for BCL. And yes, TH first ever (Open) title in Europe, also his first SS title, came when most of Asian top MS was absent due to AG preparation. Very special achievement for the 3rd best MS in this era (according to your version of course) "

    Those things here are precisely what it is impossible to discuss. Almost only "ifs" and buts". We can not know if BCL would have been able to win in those occasions. What tournament Taufik chooses to play in is up to him. Counting GP level and above is a fair thing to do. The SS tournaments did not start untill 2007. And, important note, the other Asia top players was away for AG preparation? Does not that also proves it is a big and major tournament? Almost all those things are ifs and buts.


    "We are in the discussion about other players, so we have to wait for the result. No guarantee if TH only below L D and LCWOG and WC is just another title. TH won OG without facing China players, and won WC when fight against the extremely tired L D. If you are lucky, you can win major event. CJ is another example."

    Don't go there. WC and OG was not just "another title". It was not Taufiks fault that he wasn't able to face Chen Hong or Lin Dan in 2004, it was their faults. And just because LD was tired it still does not take away anything from Taufiks 2005 win. That's almost like taking away LD's 2008 OG medal because Lee Chong Wei did not put up so much resistance.

    No L D and no LCW, and he won the 2010 WC.

    They participated in the tournament, only they lost earlier.

    "What is the criteria ? # of major title(s) ? # of title(s) ? H2H ? Win - lose records ?"

    All of the above, and his level of play during his prime. Second in major titles, 4th in titles, H2H arguably not top 4 but at least top 10 all things considered. And in win/lose 4th. I understand more that you may be able to come to a different conclusion than me, but for me that makes him the third best this era.

    "Or what else ?TH > CH. CH > BCL. BCL > TH. So according to you, who is better, BCL or TH ? I'm waiting your answer."
    TH, but not only because of H2H but, everything else.

    The amount of titles : LCW won. But if we talk about THE titles : TH won. So which is most important ?

    Hmm. Majors are more important to me, but the sheer amount of titles Lee Chong Wei has won still shows more greatness. And also that he has silver in every major.

  12. #1185
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Still like that.Since 1998 - 2003, what kind of major title that he ever won ??? Add it in 2002, can he win it ? Yes, if he didn't meet China players in fit condition.

    . China MS players really a nightmare for TH in individual major events hahaha .

    Wow, yes you are probably right on this one.

    What TH can do most of the times vs L D or LCW ??? What they think about TH recently ?

    Perhaps not recently but overall. Taufik is loved in China, correct?

    CL until 20 y.o. was never played in major events (team and individual). Compare it with TH when 20 y.o. At 17, TH made his debut in 1998 AG team event, at 18 @ WC, and 19 @ OG. Which MS has the chance to make a debut in major event final @ 17 y.o ? Only TH, right ? But once the other MS get the major event experienced, it is easy for them to beat TH, and very easy for the great Lin Dan hahaha

    You also have to consider the amazing toll on his body. It is indeed easy for Lin Dan nowadays. But not for every other player all the time. You know that Taufik won over LCW in 2010 WC, by then Lee Chong Wei should have enough experience yes? And he beat Chen Jin at the 2012 All England?

    "Read again your post. You said that LCW was greater than TH, despite LCW has never won 1 major title. If CL has 22 official titles, surely CL was greater than TH...plus the fact that their H2H = 4 - 2 for CL. I only use your own argument. Pray hard for TH. If not, CL will surpass him "

    But Lee Chong Wei has won almost DOUBLE the titles Taufik has won. If he had only won about 2-3 more but no majors I would still consider Taufik the better player when it comes to results. So I stand by what I said.
    We have already discussed the amount of titles needed. Chen Long will without a doubt surpass Taufik, I think I said that.

    "Not really. An average 2 titles per year even in his prime is not the indication he is much better than before."

    But he was able to win majors then.

    "TH start to win over Peter most of the times when Gade was 27 years old. Before that, it is 3 - 1 or 4 - 1 for Gade. If TH lose most of the times, then what the "village champion" LCW can do ???"

    I could use your logic and says that before PG was 27 Taufik need more experience to win or whatever.

    "In fact, 29 years old TH still can win in rubber sets vs LCW and CL in 2010. Not only played, but also win. so 26 - 28 years old TH has stamina problem ?You count PGC vs LCW when Gade was 27 y.o. already, but you count TH vs LCW from 20 y.o. Is it fair ?"

    I never said it was only stamina related. But look at what Peter Gade is able to achieve at 35 ? Most players will not be able to do that.
    Take a look of how Taufik plays around 2004-2006. He moves much faster and does not use the backhand as regularly as he does now. So, yeah, I think he was better back then.
    If he only started to meet LCW at a certain age, then I count it from that.

    "And 7 out of 8 times he beat LCW happened before 27 years and 7 months. More experienced than LCW, surely he can win most of the times. But when LCW get the experienced, it's very easy to handle. So many times TH only can score below than 10 pts in G1 or G2.""

    See above and also:
    I don't agree that it was only experience that put Taufik above LCW. LCW has become a better player than Taufik in other ways. And IT STILL does not take away that Taufik has won 8 times etc.

    "For LCW, relax. In shorther period, he will surpass PGC achievement. But for TH, can he do it another 95 - 100 wins to surpass PGC ??? hahaha "

    I agree. But no hahaha. I also want to know... Where do you place Taufik and why?


    Please correct me if I got something wrong.

  13. #1186
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I take back what I said about 2008 OG almost being like 2005 WC. It was a stupid exaggeration on my part. Sorry for that.

  14. #1187
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Quebec City
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haven't you 2 realized (yet) that life is short?

  15. #1188
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,701
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    There has been a lot of time and effort spent on these replies.

  16. #1189
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,625
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    There has been a lot of time and effort spent on these replies.
    This show that they are the real badminton fans. I salute them. Hats off.

  17. #1190
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,788
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    There has been a lot of time and effort spent on these replies.
    There has been a lot of time and effort spent on targeting INA players, past and present....

Similar Threads

  1. Taufik Black and Gold shirt, Taufik Hidayat Line.
    By James. in forum Market Place
    Replies: 6
    : 11-03-2010, 12:28 PM
  2. Taufik Hidayat in TO Dec. 27
    By lalanthier in forum Canada East
    Replies: 107
    : 01-10-2009, 08:09 PM
  3. Taufik Hidayat
    By AzNl3oi89 in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 20
    : 04-11-2006, 01:10 AM
  4. Taufik Hidayat
    By hidayat fan in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 1
    : 05-07-2005, 01:45 AM
  5. Taufik Hidayat
    By Pebulutangkis in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 8
    : 04-26-2004, 01:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •