User Tag List

Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast
Results 1,310 to 1,326 of 1386

Thread: Taufik Hidayat

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    I remember TH in 2005 WC in Anaheim. It was evening and TH, Amy and Amy's mother were wondering in the lobby when I bumped into them. I asked for a picture and Amy's mother said why don't I take a picture of you and TH together. I can tell you TH is a fan's player, he is so easy to oblige with a smile, he signed an autograph for me. Great guy...and I saw that backhand he did on LCW in the SF, classic. That WC final was absolutely TH at his best...like LCW had no chance playing LD in OLY08, likewise LD had no chance playing TH that night in Anaheim.
    just finished watching that match... 15-3, 15-7 ... that was a master class... exquisite net play and control

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good bye TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    just finished watching that match... 15-3, 15-7 ... that was a master class... exquisite net play and control
    I still couldn't believe TH was able to beat LD with that significant point gaps in that game, outstanding performance by TH indeed...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At WC05, we were at the stadium from morning till night, I think 5 nights straights, never missed a match, and my backside hurt like heck. There were many great matches from TH, I think it was QF TH played Johanssen, that smash right towards Johanssen you can hear the smack echo through the stadium. The final between LD-TH, we were anticipating a great match, it turned out to be a fizzle, I think TH was leading by a huge margin in game 1, and before our butt was warmed up, it was over. TH owned LD that night and it carried over to AG06. You have to be there to see how TH played when he was at his very best, I am so glad we went and I treasured the photo I took with him. Perhaps the best baddy game I had seen live (P.N. LD/LCW played great but I did not have the opportunity to see they played live, so I leave it at that).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Taufik Hidayat! Enjoy your new life.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quixilver View Post
    I still couldn't believe TH was able to beat LD with that significant point gaps in that game, outstanding performance by TH indeed...

I haven't seen the match so I should reserve my opinion, but if PG's final exhibition match with LD was anything to go by I think it's probably the gentleman in LD not to steal the limelight from TH. I don't even remember the last time TH beat LD in competition.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    I haven't seen the match so I should reserve my opinion, but if PG's final exhibition match with LD was anything to go by I think it's probably the gentleman in LD not to steal the limelight from TH. I don't even remember the last time TH beat LD in competition.
    Yeah WC is exactly the same as an exhibition match. Think it is time for you to get back on whatever mental health medicine you are prescribed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think r20190 thinks that TH played LD in the indonesian ssp which is not right since LD pulled out

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hashdam View Post
    i think r20190 thinks that TH played LD in the indonesian ssp which is not right since LD pulled out
    If he thinks TH beat LD 15-3 15-7 in this years Indonesian ssp then still, medicine time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    If he thinks TH beat LD 15-3 15-7 in this years Indonesian ssp then still, medicine time.
    It's refreshing when you come across people that are so polite and affable on the forum, which I'm sure reflects in their on court attitude too!

As I'm at work, there is a lot I cannot see on the forum including the videos and some of the posts (if they contain certain words etc). The pages also load quite strangely on our browsers, hence why for some reason I posted 3 times above!
    Anyway, not reading all the posts, I assumed that this was a "fairwell" exhibition match that TH played against LD recently (like PG's exhibition match) and may have used the old scoring system to reminisce those old days...

I don't follow the international badminton competitions very closely so didn't even know he was playing in the Indo Open until now.

Thank you for the kind words though, I'm sure if I remember to take the medicine, I'll remember how amicable craigandy of glasgow is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Both LD and TH have their own best game performances...IMHO, OLY08 I would say LD prolly played his best game ever, flawless...TH would be WC05 and I was priviledged to see live at courtside, flawless...both performances you can feel LD/TH confidence, focus, everything worked that night...except TH took a sabatical, he even skipped AE at his prime (I wonder if TH regret that move today) and as we know TH never recover his WC05 form again.
    OLY04, some forumers once said TH won because his opponents were weak, in WC05 that was a different story, from Johanssen, LCW and LD, every game TH played at his best form, his opponents are high seedings. So as we remember ZJH in AE90, LD in OLY08, then TH would be WC05...each player's best moment, their best performance ever...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's refreshing when you come across people that are so polite and affable on the forum, which I'm sure reflects in their on court attitude too!

As I'm at work, there is a lot I cannot see on the forum including the videos and some of the posts (if they contain certain words etc). The pages also load quite strangely on our browsers, hence why for some reason I posted 3 times above!
    Anyway, not reading all the posts, I assumed that this was a "fairwell" exhibition match that TH played against LD recently (like PG's exhibition match) and may have used the old scoring system to reminisce those old days...

I don't follow the international badminton competitions very closely so didn't even know he was playing in the Indo Open until now.

Thank you for the kind words though, I'm sure if I remember to take the medicine, I'll remember how amicable craigandy of glasgow is.
    Strange individual.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

C'mon R, just google and watch that wc05 match on YouTube. Even if it was an exhibition match, it would be disrespectful for LD to give away the match by that scoreline.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon R, just google and watch that wc05 match on YouTube. Even if it was an exhibition match, it would be disrespectful for LD to give away the match by that scoreline.
    Can't see any videos at work mate, our browser blocks it. If I could, I donít think I would have came to the same conclusion!
    I've no problem with being wrong here, that's not the point. Itís just interesting when some people can get so uptight about small things and react as though someone has taken away their dummy. Must be tough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't see any videos at work mate, our browser blocks it. If I could, I don’t think I would have came to the same conclusion!
    I've no problem with being wrong here, that's not the point. It’s just interesting when some people can get so uptight about small things and react as though someone has taken away their dummy. Must be tough.
    lol there are lots more uptight people on this forum. mainly the reason i dont post very often

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hashdam View Post
    lol there are lots more uptight people on this forum. mainly the reason i dont post very often
    It's just part of life. But often times, forum posts and emails are more prone to misunderstanding the tone especially if there's sarcasm and joking, and if smileys are not used.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes you should reserve your opinion until you watch that game, it's totally different thing
    TH's prime time was actually started earlier before LD started to shine, that's why people (especially youngsters) have been judging TH as the underdog one against LD as they based on the later games statistically. IMHO, the current scoring system (21 points) doesn't suit TH playing style as good as LD or LCW, this could be another reason.

Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast