User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up World Championships 2007

Good news to everybody!! Especially to those who stay in Malaysia!!

Malaysia is going to host the World Championships 2007 next year in Kuala Lumpur!!!! Don't miss it if you are staying in Malaysia or nearby Malaysia!!!

Here's the link for the details:
    http://english.people.com.cn/200505/...08_184062.html

UPDATED: 23:04, May 08, 2005Kuala Lumpur to host 2007 badminton worlds printResizeButton(); The International Badminton Federation (IBF) has awarded the right to hold the 2007 World Championships to Kuala Lumpur, it announced in Beijing on Sunday. "Denmark and Malaysia had a fierce competition in the bid for hosting the 2007 World Championships. Through democratic procedures,the International Badminton Federation decided to award the right to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia," said Kang Young Joong, newly elected as president of the sport's world governing body Sunday morning.
    It will be the first time since 1989 an Asian country hosts a badminton World Championships following the successful bid of Kuala Lumpur, becoming new headquarter of the IBF in October this year.
    Europe has been hosting the world championships since 1989 until the 2005 version was awarded to California, United States.
    The new IBF council also decided that Incheon of South Korea will play host to the 2006 junior world championships.
    The IBF held the annual general meeting here Sunday morning, naming Punch Gunalan from Malaysia deputy presient and selecting six vice presidents as well as 17 council members.
    The newly elected IBF officials will preside over the Sudirman Cup, to be held here through May 10 to 15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome ! Great news !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks 4 the infomation... it is a great news..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any idea which week in 2007?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    ..hmm, my guess is it will be around Aug. or Septemb-they'll announce it during this yr's Worlds next month...btw, cooler, are you planning to take a long trip back to MAS next yr??..if so, i *might* join you and maybe others also(ie. ants??)..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so into going to the World Championships 2007!!! Can't wait but I have an important examination in October 2007...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too...I am having SPM in next year...Its really a very very important exam...So...I probaly can't see the world championship...so sad..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when will it come to China...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

luckily I don't have important examination next year and I wouldn't miss the world championship!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why wait for it to come to China,kemana?Come to Malaysia.It's a wonderful place.The food is fantastic.The people are warm and friendly.KL is one of the cheapest city in Asia.So hurry and start planning now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    Found the date from IBF website

7-19 August 2007

Almost two weeks long! I dunno yet if i have exams. If i do, i'll still be there no matter what Hope we have holidays like the one-week holiday we got during the 1998 Commonwealth Games
    Last edited by erin_hakkinen; 08-05-2006 at 05:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wah, home ground for Lee Chong Wei.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by erin_hakkinen
    Found the date from IBF website

7-19 August 2007
    That sounds appealing. Well within our summer break. Maybe I should try harder to suggest myself as a possible translator for the Korean team. What could be better than getting an all expenses paid trip to Malaysia for two weeks of top-notch badminton and roti canai and kopi es susu for breakfast! I'd best brush up on my Bahasa Melayu and my Korean, slim though the chances may be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event
    That sounds appealing. Well within our summer break. Maybe I should try harder to suggest myself as a possible translator for the Korean team. What could be better than getting an all expenses paid trip to Malaysia for two weeks of top-notch badminton and roti canai and kopi es susu for breakfast! I'd best brush up on my Bahasa Melayu and my Korean, slim though the chances may be.
    Sounds like a good meeting place for BFers all over. Kokcheng will travel down south, kemana and event coming from far Northeast, ants will be returning home maybe with an entourage of friends from the Philippines and our KL BFers will be organizing something for us (?) . Maybe kwun and Cheung can meet again in KL instead of Hongkong and many other BFers from Malaysia, Singapore and elsewhere will also not want to miss this rare opportunity. BadMania should return to this region again (after the Aviva Singapore Open 2007?) and I won't want to miss the fun too! Can this be just a dream?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    Sounds like a good meeting place for BFers all over. Kokcheng will travel down south, kemana and event coming from far Northeast, ants will be returning home maybe with an entourage of friends from the Philippines and our KL BFers will be organizing something for us (?) . Maybe kwun and Cheung can meet again in KL instead of Hongkong and many other BFers from Malaysia, Singapore and elsewhere will also not want to miss this rare opportunity. BadMania should return to this region again (after the Aviva Singapore Open 2007?) and I won't want to miss the fun too! Can this be just a dream?
    Sounds like a party. No doubt there will be a lot of forum traffic close to the date when people figure out how realistic their trip prospects are. For me, networking will be the first step because I don't see myself buying my own ticket to Malaysia during the highest of high airfare seasons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Here I come

I just to postphone my trip to Malaysia until next May, I am sure my mom will understand that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    wow, it looks like it's gonna be "the" BC gathering, i can imagine it already, at least for next yr...I just hope for those BCers in and around MAS/S.E. Asia region and yes even from Australia/New Zealanders, they can convene and have a gathering there..I know, myself, am still "planning" to go there; although i'd like to come to the Singapore Open also, but the schedule might be conflicting with both events..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-05-2006 at 10:55 AM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast