World Championships 2007

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by tracyleesy, May 13, 2006.

1. tracyleesy

tracyleesy Regular Member

undergraduate
    Good news to everybody!! Especially to those who stay in Malaysia!!

Malaysia is going to host the World Championships 2007 next year in Kuala Lumpur!!!! Don't miss it if you are staying in Malaysia or nearby Malaysia!!!

Here's the link for the details:
    http://english.people.com.cn/200505/08/eng20050508_184062.html

UPDATED: 23:04, May 08, 2005Kuala Lumpur to host 2007 badminton worlds printResizeButton(); [​IMG] The International Badminton Federation (IBF) has awarded the right to hold the 2007 World Championships to Kuala Lumpur, it announced in Beijing on Sunday. "Denmark and Malaysia had a fierce competition in the bid for hosting the 2007 World Championships. Through democratic procedures,the International Badminton Federation decided to award the right to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia," said Kang Young Joong, newly elected as president of the sport's world governing body Sunday morning.
    It will be the first time since 1989 an Asian country hosts a badminton World Championships following the successful bid of Kuala Lumpur, becoming new headquarter of the IBF in October this year.
    Europe has been hosting the world championships since 1989 until the 2005 version was awarded to California, United States.
    The new IBF council also decided that Incheon of South Korea will play host to the 2006 junior world championships.
    The IBF held the annual general meeting here Sunday morning, naming Punch Gunalan from Malaysia deputy presient and selecting six vice presidents as well as 17 council members.
    The newly elected IBF officials will preside over the Sudirman Cup, to be held here through May 10 to 15.

2. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Awesome ! Great news !!!

3. coklat

coklat Regular Member

thanks 4 the infomation... it is a great news..

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    any idea which week in 2007?

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hmm, my guess is it will be around Aug. or Septemb-they'll announce it during this yr's Worlds next month...btw, cooler, are you planning to take a long trip back to MAS next yr??..if so, i *might* join you and maybe others also(ie. ants??)..;) :)

6. Shiro

Shiro Regular Member

Student
    I am so into going to the World Championships 2007!!! Can't wait but I have an important examination in October 2007...

7. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Me too...I am having SPM in next year...Its really a very very important exam...So...I probaly can't see the world championship...so sad..

8. kemana

kemana Regular Member

when will it come to China...

9. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    luckily I don't have important examination next year and I wouldn't miss the world championship!

10. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

Why wait for it to come to China,kemana?Come to Malaysia.It's a wonderful place.The food is fantastic.The people are warm and friendly.KL is one of the cheapest city in Asia.So hurry and start planning now.

11. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Found the date from IBF website :D

7-19 August 2007

Almost two weeks long! :eek: I dunno yet if i have exams. If i do, i'll still be there no matter what :D Hope we have holidays like the one-week holiday we got during the 1998 Commonwealth Games :p

#11 erin_hakkinen, Aug 5, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  12. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

wah, home ground for Lee Chong Wei.

13. event

event Regular Member

That sounds appealing. Well within our summer break. Maybe I should try harder to suggest myself as a possible translator for the Korean team. What could be better than getting an all expenses paid trip to Malaysia for two weeks of top-notch badminton and roti canai and kopi es susu for breakfast! I'd best brush up on my Bahasa Melayu and my Korean, slim though the chances may be.

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sounds like a good meeting place for BFers all over. Kokcheng will travel down south, kemana and event coming from far Northeast, ants will be returning home maybe with an entourage of friends from the Philippines and our KL BFers will be organizing something for us (?) :). Maybe kwun and Cheung can meet again in KL instead of Hongkong and many other BFers from Malaysia, Singapore and elsewhere will also not want to miss this rare opportunity. BadMania should return to this region again (after the Aviva Singapore Open 2007?) and I won't want to miss the fun too! Can this be just a dream? :D

15. event

event Regular Member

Sounds like a party. No doubt there will be a lot of forum traffic close to the date when people figure out how realistic their trip prospects are. For me, networking will be the first step because I don't see myself buying my own ticket to Malaysia during the highest of high airfare seasons.

16. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Here I come

I just to postphone my trip to Malaysia until next May, I am sure my mom will understand that :D

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

wow, it looks like it's gonna be "the" BC gathering, i can imagine it already, at least for next yr...:cool:I just hope for those BCers in and around MAS/S.E. Asia region and yes even from Australia/New Zealanders, they can convene and have a gathering there..I know, myself, am still "planning" to go there; although i'd like to come to the Singapore Open also, but the schedule might be conflicting with both events..:p:(

#17 ctjcad, Aug 5, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  18. mirrura

mirrura Regular Member

part time dreamer
    Wow, this year's WC hasn't started and you guys are so hyped up already for next year's WC!! Well... I have to admit that I can't wait for it too. I just hope it doesn't clash with my studies and stuff cuz I need to travel quite a distance to KL. It's really a golden opportunity for Malaysians especially!! Not to be missed!! :D

19. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    You have no idea. I dream about it when i sleep at night, daydream about it, talk about it, write about it, think about it *faint*
    Already saving money, scheduling my life for next year's WC, omg what else? Oh yeah, next weekend i'm gonna drive from my University to Bukit Jalil (Putra Stadium) just to check out the route, wanna find short cuts and then can practice so that i know where to head from my University :p

plus, next year my very very dear friend from other country is coming for WC07 *you know who you are* and we're very excited about this! LMAO!

I'm am sooooo 'WC07'ed now :p:p:D:D

#19 erin_hakkinen, Aug 6, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  20. jaclyn

jaclyn Regular Member

student
    same here, dream it and waiting for it!!!
    saving money to go there?really is in putra stadium???that's good is near my house!
    hope to see you guys there!:D